Convenient for the flip type cover.
When dark colors, such as black and brown, are being used with flip covers, such as Galaxy Note, a proximity sensor may not react.
In that case, it may be improvable if the sticker of white or a bright color, etc. are stuck on the portion in contact with the proximity sensor (upper part of a screen) of a flip cover.
This application is using DeviceAdministrator.
So it is necessary to cancel at the time of uninstallation.
(Other settings => Disable DeviceAdmin)
No need to touch the screen,it uses the proximity sensor generally found near the top right corner of your screen .
Just a single swipe in the air ( I call it SWEEP ) and your your next track will be played .
Proximity uses the proximity sensor on your phone and lets you choose a pattern of long and short waves of your hand over the sensor (called Swipes and Hovers) to make things happen.
Please try the FREE version of Proximity before you buy the Pro version.
Proximity can control most media players and doesn't need the proximity application to be open to work!
PLEASE NOTE: Not all android devices have proximity sensors, and some use the light sensor as a proximity sensor, so your experience may vary. Try out this ad supported version before purchasing the Pro version to make sure Proximity works who you expect it to.
If you have any feedback or suggestions then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proximity uses the following permissions:
Phone Calls - to turn the sensor off when you are on a call and turn it back on after
Keywords: proximity, sensor, media, touch, wave, hands free, remote, control
- Gyroscope Sensor
Gyroscope sensor can measure six directions at a time. You will be able to see the effects immediately by rotating your phone slightly. Now Gyroscope sensor is mostly used in 3D game development, and possibly indoor navigation in future.
- Light Sensor
Light sensor is applied to detect the light intensity of the environment, and then adjusts screen brightness and determines whether to turn off the keyboard light. Test the effect by putting your phone in dark place and retrieving it.
- Orientation Sensor
Orientation sensor is applied to detect direction status of the device, i.e. auto rotate screen when device is rotated horizontally. It can also be used as measure equipment like Spirit Level.
- Proximity Sensor
Proximity sensor measures the distance between two objects, usually the device screen and our hands/face etc. Test the effect by moving your hand forward and backward in front of the device in Android Sensor Box.
- Temperature Sensor
Temperature sensor provides information about your device temperature, thus you can take action when the temp is too low or high.
- Accelerometer Sensor
Accelerometer sensor is applied to detect device directions, i.e. auto rotate screen when the device is rotated vertically. It is also widely used in game development.
Sound detects the sound intensity around you and provides you detailed information about the intensity changes.
- Magnetic Field
Magnetic Field is used in many areas like metal detection and compass, which bring us lot convenience in our life.
Pressure is used to detect environmental pressure, thus to forecast weather and temperature.
Android Sensor Box only detects changes. It may not show the correct temperature, proximity, light and pressure values if no changes occur.
For better performances, sensors are usually used together. Check out the live demonstration inside the application! Any feedback the email address below is the best way to get in touch with us.
To uninstall the app, remove wave lock from Device Administrator.
Goto Settings-> Security-> Device Administrator-> Uncheck wave Lock.
then uninstall the app as normal.
Tags :- wave, Lock, auto lock, detect, proximity, proximity lock, magic lock.
"A stepping stone towards a touch-free UX" - Incognitech
Support us by buying the paid ad-free 'minimum RAM usage' version: Wave2Wake - With WaveNotify Pro
Use Wave2Wake to awaken(unlock) your phone by simply waving your hand over your phone. No touch required. No power/unlock button required. Apart from giving you a touch-free experience, using this app will also reduce the wear on your power/unlock button. If you use a flip cover, you can simply flip it open to unlock(wake) your phone, no button presses required!
And more importantly, it hardly consumes any battery--it's like the app isn't running at all!
See the video to see it in action.
Why should I use this app?
- To reduce wear on your power/unlock button.
- Use your flip cover to wake your phone.
- Its faster than pressing the unlock button.
- Quickly see the time and notifications.
- To get a magical touch-free experience.
- It's free.
Try it out and give us your feedback and suggestions.
EXTRA features for 4.0+(Above features work for all phones) :
WaveNotify Beta: The new WaveNotify Beta feature! Now instead of just waking your phone, you can directly see your notifications with a wave! To enable WaveNotify, go to settings menu, enable WaveNotify Beta and Activate Wave2Wake as usual.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS(only if want to use WaveNotify Beta):
1. WaveNotify feature ONLY works if the device DOES NOT have a password/pin/pattern lock. DISABLE passwords to use WaveNotify feature
2. WaveNotify Beta feature ONLY works with Android 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich) and above.
So for those who do not keep a password/pin/pattern lock, check it out by enabling it from settings!
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
***** NOTE : Works on devices having a proximity sensor. If you don't know what that is, try it out. 99% of devices have one. ******
**** Planned for future: Recognizing different gestures such as double wave, hover!
Icon Credits: Sheetal Shankar
Keywords: wave unlock; air unlock; touchless; gesture unlock;
• Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
• Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
• Schedule start/stop of service (Save battery power during night)
• Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
• Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
• Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
• Widget: to start and stop the service
• ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
• Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
• Enable screen on/off during calls only
• Disable call handling completely
• Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
• Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
• Prevent accidental screen on
• Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
• Vibration on screen On/Off
• App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
• If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
• If Gestures or any other settings (like lock-screen) are not working, please Clear app data from
Settings -> Application Manager -> Proximity Screen Off Pro -> Clear Data
• If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
• Default timeout after screenOn will be system display timeout. can be overridden by "Avoid screen Flickering"
• Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
• App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
• To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280# or (Send mail on mailto:email@example.com)
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
(Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave, tab, tablet, switch, nexus, s3, sgs, screen on, one touch, tasker)
AutomateIt Pro has all the goods that the free version has and it's an ad-free, popup-free version with some awesome new and advanced features (ALL locked features of the free version are unlocked with AutomateIt Pro)
Limited time offer: Pro users don't need points to download rules from the rules market
www.androidapps.com - "Cool and innovative!"
AutomateIt Pro provides a set of useful rules:
Conserve power when battery level is low
Quiet at night when screen is off
Vibrate mode during meetings
Max volume when headset unplugged
Lower volume when headset plugged
Unmute by SMS
Automatically turn on/off speaker during call using proximity sensor
The advanced features included in this version are:
• Composite Triggers - use more than a single trigger for each rule using AND/OR logic between these triggers
• Composite Action - execute several actions as a result of a single trigger (which can be a composite trigger)
• Rule Active Period - set an active period for each rule. Really useful if you only want a certain rule to be active only during daytime, weekends, just an hour a day etc.
• Sensor Trigger - utilize all your device' sensors as a trigger for a desired action. This includes usage of all the sensors supported by Android - Accelerometer, Light, Proximity etc.
• Calendar Trigger - monitor events on your different calendars
• Enable/Disable Screen Lock Action - Enables or disables your screen lock slide/pattern/password/pin
• Cancel delayed execution by trigger - Auto-cancel delayed execution when defined trigger is launched
• Cell ID Trigger - Trigger when connecting or disconnecting from defined cellular cells (Unlimited number of predefined saved locations)
• Recurring Event Trigger - Executes a defined action every defined time interval
• Copy Rule - Create a new rule, based on an existing one
Visit the developer's website for user guide for these new features.
If you are upgrading from the free version, follow these simple steps for an easy upgrade:
Backup your existing rules from the main screen menu
Uninstall AutomateIt free version
Install AutomateIt Pro
Restore your backed-up rules
Note: Some features might require root - see description of free version or visit developer's website.
Want to AutomateIt with your own language ? visit http://automateitapp.com/translateit.
Currently supports English, German, Spanish, Hebrew, Polish, Danish, French, Italian, Czech, Slovak, Romanian, Chinese, Hungarian, Portuguese, Japanese, Koreanת Dutch and Russian.
Convenient for the flip type cover.
*This is Donate Version of Proximity AutoLock.
*If you favorite free version, I am glad if you buy this app.
This application is using DeviceAdministrator.
So it is necessary to cancel at the time of uninstallation.
(Other Settings => Disable DeviceAdmin)
NOTE: This App uses the Text-to-speech library available for free in the Android Market, please download it if you don't have it already or if the app is not working in your phone. For other issues, please contact me per Email.Thanks.
VoiceAlerts is an application for the android mobile platform, its goal is to alert the user with speech messages when the following events occur:
Incoming/Missed Calls: Alerts the user when receives a call, speaking the name of the contact. Configure repeat mode for missed calls alert. Configure it to not speak while your are calling.
Time changes: it can be configured to "speak" the current time in 15,30 and 60 minutes intervals. For instance: "it is 20 hours 15 minutes" . 12H format configurable.
Sms received: A voice alert informs the user that a new sms is received, it can be configured to read the content as well. And to translate the most common sms abbreviations (in the 5 supported languages) while reading the content for instance: c u l8r -> see you later.
Battery alerts: The user can specify a battery level (for instance 5%), below that level the app alerts the user with a voice message about the current battery status. Also, when the battery is completely loaded or to alert of the progress when its being loaded. Fully configurable.
Memory alerts: A voice alert informs the user when the memory level is too low. When the battery has been completely loaded...
Message on Boot: You android welcomes you with a customized message.
Application Installed/uninstalled: It will be informed when an application package is being installed or removed.
Network availability: Your android informs you when the connection to the network is interrumpted ( in an elevator or tunnel) and re-established.
Wifi connections: Informs you when your phone connects to a wifi network or an open one is found.
TWIDROID integration, now your android phone will tell you the twitter messages the user you are following post and the replies or direct messages you received. You need to have Twidroid (both free and full version supported) installed on your phone.
GMAIL integration: Voice Alerts reads the unread emails you receive on your gmail account. Extremely configurable, choose to read the attachments, the date, limit the number of characters being read per email.
Night Mode: You can specify a time-range for Voice Alerts to be deactivated, this is particular usefull at night, so Voice Alerts does not wake you up.
Shake to Stop: To stop an alert you can configure Voice Alerts to stop speaking if you shake your phone.
Lots of configuration Possibilities: Yo can configure Voice Alerts to be de/activated when your smartphone is dis/connected to a Bluetooth Headset, this is particular usefull when you use Voice Alerts with the Bt device of your car.
If you use Voice Alerts with a A2DP Bluetooth device, the alerts will only be spoken through your BT Device, this is perfect while being on a motorbike or to prevent your Alerts to be spoken out loud when other people are around you.
Also, if you configure it, Voice Alerts will be deactivated if you unplug your headphones.
Support for different languages (Spanish, English, German, Italian and French).
Added Widget to Activate/Deactivate the App easily and quick.
* Answer call by proximity
* Action after going off-hook (incoming and outgoing calls)
* Turn speaker on after going off-hook (only if phone away from ear)
* Turn speaker on/off by proxmity
* End call by turning the phone face-down or shaking
* Go to home screen or stand-by after ending a call
* Decrease ringer volume when phone gets moved (no false detections when shaked only)
* Silence ringer by turning the phone face-down or shaking
ProXimity Talk simply helps you to save unnecessary key presses:
* Just look on the phone to see who is calling, and hold it to your ear to answer.
* You often have to look up your calendar during a call, but do not want to turn on and off the speaker all the time - then ProXimity Talk is the right tool for you.
ANDROID 4.1+: ANSWERING AND ENDING CALLS DOES NOT WORK ON EVERY DEVICE WIT ANDROID 4.1 OR LATER! PLEASE TRY THE TRIAL VERSION FIRST!
FOR UNINSTALLING PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE HELP FILE OR ON THE WEB SITE.
Differences between full version and trial version:
The trial version offers the full functionality, but expires after 7 days.
Version history and explanation of permissions on the app website.
Tags: phone, incoming call, answer, answer call, pick up call, auto answer, proximity, proximity sensor, orientation, orientation sensor, face-down, flip phone, speakerphone, loudspeaker, talk, hands-free, hang up, silence ringer
Since it is very difficult to test such an application under all possible scenarios, ProXimity Talk might not work properly on all devices - so please use the trial version to test the proper functionality before buying the full version.
If anything is not working for you, please contact us in order to find a solution and improve the application.
Many thanks to sUsH667 and PoedelPCS for their intensive testing!
- Getting alert for missed calls
- Getting alert for unread sms
- Automatically starting this alert service when phone restarts
- Set alert tone for missed calls and unread sms
- Set start and end time for getting alerts for missed call and unread sms. This way you can avoid disturbance in night.
✓Are you the one who travels often alone?.. Sometimes you will sleep right? Now u doesn't have to worry about that, location alert will wake you up.
✓If you want to buy something from the super market and in your journey even if you forget about that, just set an alert before you start your journey .Location alert will remind you before the super market reaches.
✓Do you love travelling?... IF you are the one who like to explore new places, you don’t have to worry just set the places you want to go in Location alert and enjoy your journey .The alarm will rings before you reaches each preset locations.
Key features of Location alert are:
*You can easily search all the places.
*Our algorithm uses less GPS so that it will not drain the phones battery.
*Just in a single click you can see your current position in the map.
*Depending on your input of places the Location alert will suggest some places.
*You can transfer the application to SD card.
*You can easily manage all the locations you marked in the map.
*Pop up text about the location will appear when the alarm rings.
This Android app will helps everyone in their journey to new places without the drainage of your phones battery.
For any questions and suggestions contact us on
Turn your screen ON and OFF
Play and Pause your Mp3 Player
Go to the Next Song
Go to the Previous Song
Turn your Led FLASHLIGHT on and off
Put the phone in 'Silent Mode' (also no vibrate)
Put the phone in 'Vibrate Mode' (no sound)
Launch an App - Any app you want
Raise the Volume
Lower the Volume
You can set up to 3 different actions simultaneously. Each axis of movement (left right, up down, front back) can be set to fire a different action when the device is shaken. ON THE FREE VERSION ONLY ONE ACTION CAN BE SET, ON THE X AXIS.
It will make your life easier. It will prevent damaging the physical buttons of your device. Avoid breaking your power button by automating the lock unlock action with a shake.
Automatically turn your flashlight on without having to unlock your phone. Make it work as easily as a real lantern.
Launch your favorite apps by simply shaking your phone, without even having to go back to your home screen.
Silence your phone by simply shaking it. If you ever forget to put it in silent mode and it starts ringing, you can silence it instantaneously without having to turn it's screen on, unlock it and access various menus.
Control your media player without pressing any buttons. Shake your phone up and down to play pause; left and right to go to next song; you decide it.
IT WILL NOT DRAIN YOUR BATTERY
My main focus is on not draining the battery, and it won't. Let it run for a day and then check the app's battery consumption. It should be minimal (as opposed to other "Shake to do something" apps available on Google Play).
On the PRO version:
1 - you can set 3 different actions to be fired, one for every axis of movement, instead of the single one available on the FREE app.
2 - no ads are displayed.
3 - the user can choose to start the app automatically after the device is turned on.
4 - the app can be set to unlock the screen automatically when the screen is turned back on.
5 - the app can use the proximity sensor to avoid accidentally firing actions when the device is on a pocket, for instance.
6 - The device can be set to vibrate every time an action is fired.
Due to the fact that the app needs admin privileges to run, if you want to uninstall it you must do it by clicking on the uninstall button inside the app.
Unfortunately, on some devices the app will not be able to fire actions when the user shakes the phone after the screen is turned off. It's a hardware limitation of these devices, and there is nothing that can be done on the software side to avoid it. For instance, I've tested the app on the 'LG Nexus 4' and it works flawlessly; on the other hand, on the 'Samsung Galaxy Ace' the accelerometer sensors are turned off the moment the screen goes off. If that is the case on your device, please send me an email (there is a button on the app to do it) explaining what is happening on your specific case.
Prevent phone from sleeping - necessary to wake the phone up after it's screen is turned off.
Modify Audio Settings - necessary if the user wants to set the device to 'Silent' or 'Vibrate' Mode
Camera - Necessary to turn the Flashlight on and off.
Internet - Necessary to display ads (on the free version only).
Disable Keyguard - necessary if the user wants the app to unlock the device automatically when the screen is turned on.
Icon based on an original design by Timo Arnall, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. Acessible (on september 2013) at:
Thank you very much Timo.
shake to lock shake to unlock shake to turn screen on shake to turn screen off battery economy save power button protect power button shake to play shake to pause shake next song shake previous song shake lantern shake torch shake flashlight shake flash light shake silent shake vibrate
Location Alert gives you the possibility to set an alert on a specific location.
Simply choose a location by coordinates, by searching an address over the mapview or by taking one of your previously saved locations.
In addition to that, you get the ability to to choose an accuracy for your alert and an alert message.
As soon as you reach an area within the chosen accuracy distance of your alert location, the alert gets triggered, a sound is played and your alert message is displayed.
- Delay Function: In case you want to activate your alert after some time has passed
- Categories: Save your previously found locations into various categories and spare the time to search for them again
- Edit your Alert: The ability to cancel the alert or edit the alert message, once the alert has been activated
- Settings: Having the ability to chose from your favorite ringtones and notifications, which will be played once the alert is triggered or to activate vibration alarm.
- Display saved locations: Display saved locations on the map
- Display current location: Use the app to locate yourself and display your surroundings on the map
- Optimized GPS algorithm: Location Alert contains a specially optimized GPS algorithm. The algorithm disables GPS updates depending on the distance to your alert location for a specific time in order to save battery life. In case you are in areas without GPS reception, the app stops looking for GPS until you enter areas with reception. This improves your battery life significantly. With using our techniques we managed to get excellent battery life while running an alert in background.
If you have any questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.
More from developer
Find on the map the gas stations with the lowest fuel prices close to you or anywhere in Greece. Data are collected from the Ministry of Development and from www.gasprice.gr.