Convenient for the flip type cover.
When dark colors, such as black and brown, are being used with flip covers, such as Galaxy Note, a proximity sensor may not react.
In that case, it may be improvable if the sticker of white or a bright color, etc. are stuck on the portion in contact with the proximity sensor (upper part of a screen) of a flip cover.
This application is using DeviceAdministrator.
So it is necessary to cancel at the time of uninstallation.
(Other settings => Disable DeviceAdmin)
- Gyroscope Sensor
Gyroscope sensor can measure six directions at a time. You will be able to see the effects immediately by rotating your phone slightly. Now Gyroscope sensor is mostly used in 3D game development, and possibly indoor navigation in future.
- Light Sensor
Light sensor is applied to detect the light intensity of the environment, and then adjusts screen brightness and determines whether to turn off the keyboard light. Test the effect by putting your phone in dark place and retrieving it.
- Orientation Sensor
Orientation sensor is applied to detect direction status of the device, i.e. auto rotate screen when device is rotated horizontally. It can also be used as measure equipment like Spirit Level.
- Proximity Sensor
Proximity sensor measures the distance between two objects, usually the device screen and our hands/face etc. Test the effect by moving your hand forward and backward in front of the device in Android Sensor Box.
- Temperature Sensor
Temperature sensor provides information about your device temperature, thus you can take action when the temp is too low or high.
- Accelerometer Sensor
Accelerometer sensor is applied to detect device directions, i.e. auto rotate screen when the device is rotated vertically. It is also widely used in game development.
Sound detects the sound intensity around you and provides you detailed information about the intensity changes.
- Magnetic Field
Magnetic Field is used in many areas like metal detection and compass, which bring us lot convenience in our life.
Pressure is used to detect environmental pressure, thus to forecast weather and temperature.
Android Sensor Box only detects changes. It may not show the correct temperature, proximity, light and pressure values if no changes occur.
For better performances, sensors are usually used together. Check out the live demonstration inside the application! Any feedback the email address below is the best way to get in touch with us.
Proximity uses the proximity sensor on your phone and lets you choose a pattern of long and short waves of your hand over the sensor (called Swipes and Hovers) to make things happen.
Please try the FREE version of Proximity before you buy the Pro version.
Proximity can control most media players and doesn't need the proximity application to be open to work!
PLEASE NOTE: Not all android devices have proximity sensors, and some use the light sensor as a proximity sensor, so your experience may vary. Try out this ad supported version before purchasing the Pro version to make sure Proximity works who you expect it to.
If you have any feedback or suggestions then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proximity uses the following permissions:
Phone Calls - to turn the sensor off when you are on a call and turn it back on after
Keywords: proximity, sensor, media, touch, wave, hands free, remote, control
No need to touch the screen,it uses the proximity sensor generally found near the top right corner of your screen .
Just a single swipe in the air ( I call it SWEEP ) and your your next track will be played .
• Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
• Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
• Schedule start/stop of service (Save battery power during night)
• Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
• Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
• Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
• Widget: to start and stop the service
• ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
• Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
• Enable screen on/off during calls only
• Disable call handling completely
• Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
• Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
• Prevent accidental screen on
• Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
• Vibration on screen On/Off
• App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
• If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
• If Gestures or any other settings (like lock-screen) are not working, please Clear app data from
Settings -> Application Manager -> Proximity Screen Off Pro -> Clear Data
• If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
• Default timeout after screenOn will be system display timeout. can be overridden by "Avoid screen Flickering"
• Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
• App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
• To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280# or (Send mail on mailto:email@example.com)
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
(Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave, tab, tablet, switch, nexus, s3, sgs, screen on, one touch, tasker)
To uninstall the app, remove wave lock from Device Administrator.
Goto Settings-> Security-> Device Administrator-> Uncheck wave Lock.
then uninstall the app as normal.
Tags :- wave, Lock, auto lock, detect, proximity, proximity lock, magic lock.
This app is for Samsung® Galaxy® SIII, Galaxy Note™ II, and Galaxy Note™ 10.1 running Android 4.1.
For Samsung® Galaxy® S4 running Android 4.2, please download and install "Proximity Tag for Samsung S4"
For other Samsung Galaxy devices running Android 4.3, please download and install "Proximity Tag for Android 4.3"
The Kensington Proximity Tag & App is a comprehensive proximity monitoring system that allows users to safeguard their Samsung Galaxy devices.
Today's smartphone is more than just expensive to replace - it holds a lot of personal information as well. With the Kensington Proximity App and Tag, you'll never have to worry again about leaving your smartphone behind or having it stolen. That's because Proximity App and Tag makes your smartphone unforgettable - literally!
Simply download the Proximity Tag App onto your Smartphone and attach the Proximity Tag to your car keys your purse or your wallet. Both your Smartphone and your Proximity Tag will alert you the moment your leave one behind.
Compatible with Samsung® Galaxy® SIII, Galaxy Note™ II, and Galaxy Note™ 10.1
For instance, you don’t know when exactly you will leave work this evening, but whenever you do, and are crossing the grocery store on your way home, you want to be reminded to pick up milk. Location Alert to the rescue!
- Don't know what time you'll be crossing the science department, but need to remember to drop off that assignment whenever you do?
- Don't know what time you'll reach office but must remember to hand in that check to accounting?
- Need a reminder to pick up the DVD you left at Sam's house whenever you're in the vicinity next time?
- Want a reminder to pick up medicines when crossing the chemist today?
Maximize your day's efficiency by completing tasks in a timely manner and with the least amount of traveling.
Unlike any other location alarm applications, Location Alert uses the smartest algorithms to ensure the most efficient use of your device's battery while providing maximum accuracy. Any application that is in constant contact with GPS satellites (such as Maps or Navigation software) will drain your battery rapidly. Location Alert, however, allows one to use its capabilities as much as desired while barely affecting the device's battery power at all. Rather than contacting satellites every second, the application uses genius mathematical formulae (distance, speed, time) and historical data to gauge your location along with GPS, hence only using GPS when in close proximity to provide you the accuracy that is essential. The technology is undoubtedly the best in class.
Location Alert boasts some really cool additional features and the best part is that it's absolutely free with no limit on functionality. The Geo-Snooze feature allows you to snooze a Location Alarm (Geo-Alarm) until the radius, previously set to trigger an alarm, is exited and re-entered.
A Deadline Alarm feature is another one sure to boost efficiency. In the event that you set a location alarm and fear you may not cross the set location within the next few days but must complete the task by the following Friday by 6:15pm under any circumstances, you can set a deadline alarm for this time. Thereafter, if you do not cross the set location by that time, an alarm reminding you to perform this task will trigger either way!
Often one crosses certain geographic locations, streets, areas, etc., on a daily basis. However, even though one of these streets may be a regular on your location reminder list, you may only need to be reminded to do something here on certain days of the week. For example, you may cross the dry-cleaner's every single day, however, you would only like to be alerted to pick-up or drop-off items on Tuesday's and Friday's. Location Alert has you covered!
So say goodbye to your traditional organizer and start enjoying the power of a smarter technology that gets things done - on the go!
Keywords: Location Alert, location alarm, location reminder, location-based alert, geographic alert, geographic alarm, geographic reminder, geo-alert, geo-alarm, geo-reminder, gps alert, gps alarm, gps reminder, gps-alert, gps-alarm, gps-reminder, area alert, area alarm, area reminder, area-based alert, absent-minded, forgetful, remind me, remind me when i get there, approaching alarm, reaching alarm.
NOTE :- depending on your phone the maximum RPM measurable by the sensor may vary
How it works :
1. Just start the app and you'll see the dashboard
2. when anything moves over the proximity sensor of your phone (covering & uncovering it) you will immediately see the corresponding RPM value
3. The maximum RPM section shows the maximum RPM recorded in this launch
4. The sensor value part shows the immediate raw reading of the sensor
That's it ! enjoy
For any queries write to firstname.lastname@example.org
"A stepping stone towards a touch-free UX" - Incognitech
Support us by buying the paid ad-free 'minimum RAM usage' version: Wave2Wake - With WaveNotify Pro
Use Wave2Wake to awaken(unlock) your phone by simply waving your hand over your phone. No touch required. No power/unlock button required. Apart from giving you a touch-free experience, using this app will also reduce the wear on your power/unlock button. If you use a flip cover, you can simply flip it open to unlock(wake) your phone, no button presses required!
And more importantly, it hardly consumes any battery--it's like the app isn't running at all!
See the video to see it in action.
Why should I use this app?
- To reduce wear on your power/unlock button.
- Use your flip cover to wake your phone.
- Its faster than pressing the unlock button.
- Quickly see the time and notifications.
- To get a magical touch-free experience.
- It's free.
Try it out and give us your feedback and suggestions.
EXTRA features for 4.0+(Above features work for all phones) :
WaveNotify Beta: The new WaveNotify Beta feature! Now instead of just waking your phone, you can directly see your notifications with a wave! To enable WaveNotify, go to settings menu, enable WaveNotify Beta and Activate Wave2Wake as usual.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS(only if want to use WaveNotify Beta):
1. WaveNotify feature ONLY works if the device DOES NOT have a password/pin/pattern lock. DISABLE passwords to use WaveNotify feature
2. WaveNotify Beta feature ONLY works with Android 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich) and above.
So for those who do not keep a password/pin/pattern lock, check it out by enabling it from settings!
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
***** NOTE : Works on devices having a proximity sensor. If you don't know what that is, try it out. 99% of devices have one. ******
**** Planned for future: Recognizing different gestures such as double wave, hover!
Icon Credits: Sheetal Shankar
Keywords: wave unlock; air unlock; touchless; gesture unlock;
More from developer
Find on the map the gas stations with the lowest fuel prices close to you or anywhere in Greece. Data are collected from the Ministry of Development and from www.gasprice.gr.