**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
1. Turn off screen when you put your Smartphone on table and turn on when you hold it in your hands.
2. - Use Proximity sensor to turn on/off screen.
- Proximity Smart Cover feature for user using Flip Cover (If you use a phone case with cover, just close the cover to turn screen off. and open the cover to turn screen on).
- So with Smart Cover feature you just put the phone in your pocket to turn screen off, and take the phone out from your pocket to turn screen on.take it out of the pocket the screen auto turn on.
3. Shake to screen on/off.
- Shake to turn off, use the proximity sensor to open the screen to the most comfortable and most effective.
- When only opening screen features with the proximity sensor when taking the phone out of the bag itself on the screen.
- Besides you can very much for the way how to shut off by different types of sensors.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Unfortunately in some devices, the accelerometer sensor cannot be used when the screen is OFF so you can't turn on screen by feature 1 and 3.But if you checked option for device do not turn on the screen, you can use Proximity or Smart Cover feature to turn on/off the screen.
Check your device on link:
How to uninstall app :
If this app is activated you can click on Deactivate button, after that you uninstall this app normal.
• Swipe from edges.
• Double tap on the status bar.
• Long press on the physical keys (for Android 4.3+).
• Mouse or stylus (S Pen) is also supported.
• Home, Back, Recent Apps, Screen Off, Immersive Mode, etc.
• Screenshot and Hide Soft Keys (Root required).
• Launch an application or a shortcut.
*** For Android 5.0 users without Root ***
On Android 5.0, it is possible to enable Immersive Mode with keyboard support. A tutorial can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/ow83t7f
Data ON-OFF is FREE and ADS-FREE, but if you like it, please click "LIKE" on http://www.facebook.com/miabit.it
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
- Data ON-OFF has been written in the University of Pisa, Italy.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
The screen off & lock action can be used to create a widget that locks the screen if your power button is broken.
See more details on creating a widget with AutomateIt: http://automateitapp.com/user-guide-2/widget-a-shortcut-to-your-rules/
To use this app you need to install AutomateIt Free or Pro.
Screenshots shows how the plugin is used within AutomateIt
★★★ To uninstall the app, you need to deactivate the device administrator. Go to device settings → Security → Device administrators and deactivate the plugin ★★★
In order to use the proximity sensor simply install the application and enable monitoring service. Once it enabled you can turn on the screen by touching and releasing the proximity sensor.
In order to use soft-button for turning off the screen drag and drop the "WTN Turn Off" launcher from list of your applications to the home screen and press it. It may ask for "Device Administrator" activation for the first time. You have to activate it, otherwise it will not be able to turn off the screen.
As alternative way you can turn off the screen by pressing notification icon if it was enabled in settings.
IMPORTANT! You must deactivate Device Administration before uninstalling the app, otherwise you will not be able to uninstall it. You can do that directly from the application settings dialog (go to WTN Settings >> General Settings and uncheck the "Device Administrator" check-box) or you can do it directly from Settings dialog of your device (go to Settings >> Security >> Device administrators and uncheck the "Turn Off the Screen")
For common questions please see the G+ page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110175170624549847232
Tags: Proximity, Gravity, Screen, Display, On, Off, Wake Up
This plugin will enable Solo Launcher to use "Double-tap to turn off screen" feature.
Locker Screen Master
HOW TO UNINSTALL
- Disable the "Double-tap to turn off screen" feature in the main application.
- Disable administrator permissions in Settings -> Location & Security -> Select device administrators -> uncheck "TurnOffScreen".
Screebl, the battery saver keep your screen on wunderkind, works based on a simple observation: we generally hold our phones or tablets in roughly the same positions when we're using them. Screebl uses the sensors in your mobile device to detect how you're holding it, and when your device is within a configurable range, the screen is kept on. Move out of that range, and Screebl releases the lock and the screen is allowed to go off. Using gravity, screen orientation, and other cues, your screen is kept on when it should be, and turned off when you don't need it. It's simple, but it works amazingly well!
How is Screebl a battery saver? Well, it's simple. On most phones, the screen is the single largest consumer of battery power. With Screebl running you can reduce the average amount of time that your screen is on by only keeping it on when you're ACTUALLY using your phone. The amount of savings can vary significantly by device and usage patterns, but it is not uncommon for users to see savings of 20% or more. See our web site for more details.
★ "Screebl is ingenious..." -- KnowYourMobile.com
★ "Screebl also helps you extend your battery life..." -- AndroidAuthority.com
★ "Screebl is a far more effective way to utilize our screen timeouts..." -- Android Spin.com
★ "Works out of the box..." -- AndroidTap.com
★ "Screebl offers an intelligent solution to the problem of screen control..." -- AndroidGuys.com
★ "Excellent customization..." -- Phandroid.com
✓ PocketLock locks your phone when you put it into your pocket, unlocks when you take it out
✓ AppExceptions let you turn Screebl off when selected apps are running in the foreground
✓ Locale Plug-ins and Tasker integration provide automated control and customization of Screebl
✓ Look-and-feel customization lets you make Screebl look the way YOU want
✓ Better detection algorithms
✓ Screen timeout set from Screebl
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to a start Screebl when phone starts up.
INTERNET - Needed to check for new instructional videos and submit debugging information.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the screen on.
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to update system settings related to screen timeouts.
GET_TASKS - Needed to disable Screebl when selected apps are running (AppExclusions).
BILLING - Needed to allow in-app upgrade of Screebl Lite to Pro.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to check phone state (e.g., in-call, speakerphone on, etc.) to provide in-call behavior (e.g., disable Screebl or lock screen on)
✓ Some phones do NOT deliver sensor events when the screen is off. Examples include some HTC phones, some Sony Xperia phones, and quite a few Motorola phones. PocketLock may not work properly on these phones. See this link for more info: http://www.saltwebsites.com/2012/android-accelerometers-screen-off
✓ PocketLock sometimes causes battery drain on some devices. The effect of the PocketLock feature varies widely from one device to another. The longer that you have PocketLock monitor for removal from your pocket, the more power used. Most devices see a minor increase in power consumption when using PocketLock (4-8%).
✓ Stillness detection doesn't detect small movements on some devices. A few devices have coarse-grained sensors, and movement is not detected well, causing unwanted stillness timeouts. I am working on a fix for this that will be in an upcoming release. Most phones are fine.
✓ Screebl doesn't start when the phone is powered-on. On some HTC phones the "fastboot" capability can cause problems with Screebl starting at power-on. I've done my best to fix this, but it still is a problem on some HTC devices. Screebl must NOT be moved to SD storage.
*Screen on when charge option
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
light up a screen by a reaction of a sensor.
I become worried that a button may break when a power supply button is frequently pressed many times.
I made to prevent that.
When not using a smart phone for many hours, It's make this app end automatically, and it's equipped with the function which prevents battery consumption.
===== How to use =====
1.set the sensor sensitivity.
2.set by pressing the "Star icon button".
3.Completion (An app becomes hidden).
The sleep mode is released by a reaction of a sensor during sleep mode.
You can test the sensitivity of the sensor by pressing the "Eye icon button".
Please used to adjust the sensor sensitivity.
When "X icon button" is pushed, the function is released and the app ends.
===== Configurable content =====
The sensitivity of the speed which shakes a smart phone using a wrist.
You can set up to OFF and 1-100.
If you want the sensor to OFF, please set the leftmost the seek bar.
You can set up to OFF and 1-100.(The sensitivity becomes so high that the numerical value is big.)
For malfunction prevention, a double touch system is adopted.
It's time the screen is on To until the sleep mode.
You can set up to 1-60seconds.
If the lighting time is shorter than the sleep (screen off) time set in the smartphone, the time sleep that is set in the smart phone is given priority.
You can set up to "Dark" or "bright".
The difference in the brightness can't sometimes be judged by the model.
***Automatic termination time
During sleep mode, it's time to be automatic termination of this app.
You can set 30 minutes-24 hours and eternity (not finished).
When a smart phone was never operated within set time, this app end automatically, and battery consumption is stopped.
Because a sensor does not work when finished automatically, you push the power button as usual, and, please do sleep release .
***Indication of the help message
A help message suitable for operation is indicated.
===== Ultralight low load =====
There is no display of an advertising column.
Network communication does not occur, either.
An unnecessary ornament, processing, and acquisition authority were eliminated as much as possible, and pursued low load thoroughly.
You can use without not giving a damage to CPU and a battery.
Moreover, you can use it without caring about monthly data traffic.
===== Attention =====
For malfunction prevention, a Double touch system is adopted.
Only when touching an approach sensor twice within 2 seconds, a sensor reacts, and a sleep mode is released.
===== permission =====
The following permission is required when installing this app.
***Display system-level warning(SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW)
When you preview(operation test), it's used to display the message.
***Invalidate the sleep mode of the terminal.(WAKE_LOCK)
It's used to release a sleep mode.
===== request =====
This app is donationware.
If you were pleased with this app, please give contribution.
because it is managing with no advertisement, there are no profits by this app.
Only your warm heart is a reliance.
I believe that the world is full of spirit mutual support.
===== The contributory method =====
Please purchase any one of charged app which I created.
Obtained contribution is carefully used as future development costs.
::::: Kazu Pinklady ::::
1. View Cover and Flip Cover Users is highly recommended.
2. After testing about 10 times on each step, select the step that work very well .
3. After upgrade ,the used step may not be appropriate. Then please select other step.
4. Does not recognize the gap because it does not accurately reflected laser proximity sensor cover is made of some.
So stick to that same sticker (white color) in a well-reflected in the position facing the proximity sensor.
★ ★ ★ Main Functions ★ ★ ★
1. When you open or close the cover, the screen turns on and off automatically.
2. Landscape Mode
- When Landscape Mode( like camera, game) is running,Sensor pause
3. Special App
- When it is running, Sensor pause.
4. Show icon in Notification area.
- Screen off, Sensor On/off , Memory optimizer and Rotation control
5. Service execute automatically when the phone restart.
6. Vibration when the screen is closed.
7. Sound when the screen is closed.
8. Widget add (1 x 4, 1 x 3, 1 x 1)
- Power Button
- Service On/Off Button
- App Link Button
- Rotation Control
9. Memory Cleaner
- Memory automatically cleaned when screen off
10. Receiving a call
- Shake to call
- Flipping phone to mute
11. Sensor pause when plug headset
12. Power Saving
13. Rotation Control
14. Floating Service - Depricated (Download Ultimate Smart Cover)
- Screen Off, Home, Recent App, Flash, Status Bar
15. View Cover Style
- when screen is closed.
16. Flip Cover Style
- when screen is opened.
- Can be used to select the notification app
17. Camera Flash Notification when incoming call
18. Receiving call screen made by I
★ ★ ★ How to save battery ★ ★ ★
1. During sleep time, the sensor will be stopped.
2. When using Landscape mode or Phone Call Option, the sensor will be stopped
3. When Special apps be not in use, it is effective to option to OFF.
4. When only necessary ,It is effective to use Vibration.
5. If battery is low, only use the default options.
★ ★ ★ Notices ★ ★ ★
- To uninstall this app, Service-Execute button must be OFF.
- Or Setting ->Security -> Device administrators -> Unchecked the smart cover -> Try uninstall app
It offers five options,
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
Supports Landscape mode
Please update to version 1.2.2
Watch the short video to see how it works. There are other similar apps, but we strongly believe ours is the best in terms of practicality and pure awesomeness.
We wanted to bring you something simple, but very useful and effective. Something you would enjoy using everyday with absolutely no side effects. There are battery saving options to minimise the impact on battery. We have steadily measured around 3% battery consumption for the whole day on our test devices.
We hope it works just as good on your phone.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Unfortunately in some devices, the accelerometer sensor cannot be used when the screen is OFF. Awesome On will not work on these devices.
Please do not give a low rating if this is unfortunately the case.
Link to list of devices:
Android 4.0.4 and 4.1 Users - There is a well known bug that was introduced in 4.0.4 that causes the screen to turn on again after 'Awesome Off'. We recommend changing your lock screen to 'none' for the time being.
** Features **
- Simply tilt the phone up, to turn the screen on.
- Fling your hand 2 times, near the proximity sensor, to turn the screen off.
- Or simply click 'Screen Off' icon.
- Separate shortcut icons for 'Start/Stop', 'Settings' and 'Screen Off'.
- Awesome On Sensitivity.
- Awesome Off Sensitivity.
- Battery Saving Mode. Tip: Test first disabled.
- Remove notification option. And gracefully handles situations where Android restarts Awesome On Off when notification is removed.
- Disable Awesome Off while running landscape applications.
- While you're on a phone call, Awesome On Off will not be active.
- Aweseom On Bypass Non-Security Lockscreen option.
Ultimate Version Features
- The Ultimate feature. When you're about to hit the road, fling your hand 3 times (or simply click the 'Ultimate Off' shortcut icon) to turn the screen off. Awesome On Off is completely idle until you manually turn the screen on again. You never need to Start/Stop manually with the shortcut icon. You are in total control.
- Ultimate Off audio confirmation.
- Start on boot.
- No Ads. The Free version shows an Ad every 20th time the screen is turned on. You can easily close the Ad, should not be disruptive for daily use even with the free version.
About Battery Saving Mode
- When the screen is off, depending on the Battery level and type of background apps you have running, Android can decide to put the CPU to full sleep. Awesome On will not work when the CPU is in full sleep. When Battery Saving Mode is enabled, Awesome On Off will not interfere and let the CPU go to full sleep as usual. You can disable Battery Saving Mode completely or set a desired interval to keep the CPU partially awake, ensuring Awesome On will always work.
Now with ICS, you really want to use this feature a lot.
Strangely, it is not possible to create a shortcut to this, android does not expose it as an activity.
Get to it quicker, a lot quicker, I would recommend using it with Widgetsoid as shown in the video.
Apologies in advance for not making this free. I have a baby coming and would love to support him in anyway possible. Thanks.