Run-10-20-30 is an App. their functions as a stopwatch for the 10-20-30 running concept.
10-20-30 is an interval training concept for runners, there was invented by Jens Bangsbo from Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences at University of Copenhagen.
The concept has proven to be both entertaining and more stimulating than regular running and runners achieve significant performance improvement and improved health.
The concept is performed the following way:
- 30 seconds of slow running (jogging),
- 20 seconds with moderate speed (running), and
- 10 seconds sprint.
- Repeat 3-4-5 times followed by a 2 minutes pause, then start again.
For more information on the concept:
- English: http://nexs.ku.dk/english/research/units/integrated-physiology/projects/10-20-30/about/
- Danish: http://nexs.ku.dk/forskning/sektioner/integreret_fysiologi/projekter-if/10-20-30/om_projektet/
- The New York Times article: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/29/a-way-to-get-fit-and-also-have-fun
- Runner's world article: http://www.runnersworld.com/peak-performance/new-workout-the-30-20-10-produces-impressive-results
Run 10-20-30 allow you to customize your intervals length, so you can have intervals length different from the standard 10-20-30 seconds intervals.
This application will, different from other 10-20-30 applications, continue to works, also when the device (phone) go in power save mode, equal: the screen is black.
I know the user interface is a bit simple (not flashy), but I try to support as many devices as possibly, even devices with very old version of Android, the positive side of this is it keep the app small and tidy.