Medically reviewed and selected for "Best Meditation Apps of 2014" by HEALTHLINE.COM.
You can enjoy the deep relaxation, stress relief and benefits of meditation now without prior experience. Take a Break has been developed by Richard and Mary Maddux, creators of the popular Meditation Oasis podcast. Featuring two popular meditations from the podcast, the app gives you the option to listen with or without music.
WITH THIS APP YOU CAN:
✓ RELAX EASILY and quickly as you are voice-guided step by step
✓ CHOOSE from two relaxing audios:
★ Work Break Relaxation (7 min.)
★ Stress Relief Meditation (13 min.)
✓ LISTEN with or without MUSIC
✓ READ instructions to support and enhance your experience
✓ Get support on the Meditation Oasis website
Created by Mary Maddux, MS, HTP and Richard Maddux, best known for their popular Meditation Oasis podcast, CDs and smartphone apps.
Mary and Richard bring over 30 years of meditation practice and teaching to the creation of their guided meditations and music. In addition to teaching meditation, Mary has worked in both conventional and alternative settings as a counselor, stress management consultant and healing arts practitioner. Richard has played and composed music all of his life. His music is composed especially for meditation, relaxation and healing.
- Alternate between work, break and long break periods
- Set your preferred work and break lengths
- Play sound and/or vibrate at break time
- Shows current schedule and lets you skip to another period
Break Time encourages healthy computer usage but it is not a substitute for medical advice. If you are already feeling any discomfort, speak to your doctor.
The following permissions are needed -
For application features:
I'd love to hear any suggestions or feedback you want to give.
The Benefits of Stretching
• Improves circulation and boosts your immunity
• Improves balance and coordination
• Helps alleviate or even eliminate neck, back, waist and shoulder pains
• Helps you lose weight by burning fats
• Makes you feel more energized and relaxed
The Benefits of Eye Exercises
Our eyes need regular exercise to keep them healthy. Especially if you spend lots of time in front of computer or TV. Regularly exercising your eyes will naturally improve your vision and prevent you from wearing glasses.
Keywords: stretches, stretching exercises, eye exercises, healthy, lose weight, back pain, neck, waist, shoulder, pain, stress relief, health fitness, stretching for flexibility, apps, app, sitting exercises, for desk office workers
No wonder that 80% of Americans will get at least one back pain incident.
But except for back pain, there is also this feeling of our energy leaving us. We come to work energized, but we go home feeling drained.
You know that sitting right and that moving throughout the day helps, yet no matter how many times you have tried, you always end up neglecting to take those stairs, walk around the building, or even just get up and stretch.
You feel guilty for neglecting your own well-being, yet you don't know what to do to change that.
Don't worry. The Office Exercise & Stretch can help.
Just pick a stretch or exercise, set a reminder (e.g., Monday and Tuesday at 2pm), and you are done.
Your phone will make sure you get up from that chair and move!
And you will feel invigorated. Your back will thank you. Your legs will feel less stiff. And your focus on your work will increase. Don't be surprised if you improve your job performance!
Ahh..the benefits of movement you see are almost unlimited!
With the office exercise & stretch you can choose between 30 exercises and stretches and 5 "workout" sequences. You can set up multiple reminders that match your schedule and needs.
Come on...it's time to get up from that chair!
Suffering from constant backaches and waist pains? Always feeling energies drained after a day's work? Or caught in low spirits with too much pressure? A regular stretching program can bring about more benefits than you have imagined.
Stretch Exercises provides a most convenient way to stretch with or without a simple chair. Professionally designed but easily learnt, Stretch Exercises make use of and simplify various Yoga poses for everyone, regardless of flexibility, to enjoy total relaxation and refreshment through daily stretching.
What benefits does stretching bring about?
- Alleviates backache, arthritis pain
- Reduces muscle tension and increases range of movement of your joints
- Strengthens your muscles and burns extra fats
- Increases blood circulation and boosts your immunity
- Increases energy levels and relieves pressure
Stretch Exercises features in
- Professional Yoga teacher offers correct practice and detailed instructions.
- 40 stretching poses are arranged in categories for training various body parts.
- One single chair assists you in easier and better stretching.
- You can pick a few stretching poses as a daily routine.
- Slideshow option and semi-transparent instructing window offers more convenience.
- Free and Simple
- Ten Abs exercises
- Workout Log
- Set Reminder
- Difficulty levels
- Animation showing how to do each exercise
keywords: fitness, workout, exercises, training, 6 pack abs, crunches, alternate heel touches, leg-up crunches, arm reaching crunches, flutter kicks, leg raises, V crunches, bicycle crunches, vertical leg crunches, plank with leg lift, body, abs, muscle, full complete workout, ab workout, daily ab workout
This app helps you do workout known as 'Legendary Abs II'. This workout is result of four years' research at Stanford University. It guarantees greater effects than any other workout and doesn't take more than 5 minutes.
The secret of this workout is how exercises interact with each other. That way they are much more effective.
Fat and diet
You won't see your belly muscles if they are covered with belly fat. You need to get rid of that fat first. You can achieve it simply by burning more calories than you consume - proper diet and aerobic exercises. You can also try Caynax HIIT app for interval workouts.
Belly muscles can be divided in two parts: upper abs and lower abs. You use both lower and upper abs when you do lower abs exercises and only upper abs when you do upper abs exercises. Always start with lower abs exercises.
Application is supported by in-app ads and has some limitations.
- READ_PHONE_STATE - used to detect incoming phone call and pause workout.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to start reminder service after phone start.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET - ads.
- WAKE_LOCK - to ensure that workout works when screen is off.
Be active wherever you are:
• Whenever your phone is near you, it will remind you to stand.
• Wear reminders let you track your standing without touching your phone
• Update your standing activity by simply standing up (Pro)
• Intelligent reminders only alert you when you are truly inactive using the built in step tracker (Pro)
Fight cancer, heart disease, muscle and joint problems:
• Sitting all day is directly linked to dozens of health problems. Use the app and take control of your future.
• Read about the health issues caused by sitting, and learn how to combat them directly in the app.
View your progress:
• Review your personal activity, and get encouragement to reach your goals.
• Sync your stats with Google Fit
Create personal a notifications:
• Custom schedules to match your routine.
• Easily pause your reminders.
• Be notified the way you want with vibrations and LED alerts.
Many of us spend too much time sitting down during the day, which can often result in complications and pains in our lower backs. Fortunately few simple exercises and stretches can help to regain some of the strength and flexibility in the back and alleviate the backache
This app not only suggests exercises to do, but provides regular gentle (or vigorous if you wish so) reminders at pre-set times. Each reminder includes the exercise graphic, making it easier to recall the routine. Keep it up and hopefully your back pain can be reduced or prevented altogether
The app is a free trial and after few days of use, you will be prompted for a small payment
Our databases are composed from number of well-known and respectable sources and the information we provide is correct to the best of our knowledge. Yet, please be aware that any information provided through this app is for guidance only and should never be taken as a medical advice
Here at Clockwork Perfect we strive to make quality applications that are efficient, robust, attractive and easy to use. You can rely on us to continuously improve our products, enhancing their usefulness, your experience and maximising your value for money
If you like this app, we would be grateful if you could give it five star rating and a positive review. If however you have any concerns or questions, please do share them with us on firstname.lastname@example.org
All trademarks and copyrighted content are the property of their respective owners
The result is a feeling of increased muscle control, flexibility and range of motion.
Stretching is also used therapeutically to alleviate cramps.
**** Please consult your physician or medical doctor before using any routine or exercise ****
★★★★ Features (for FREE) ★★★★
★ Customizable basic Neck and Eyes exercises.
★ Fully customizable routines.
★ Create custom workouts.
★ Clear pictorial information.
★ Written exercise instructions.
★ Fully customized exercise player.
★ On-screen instructions and timer.
★ Option to add and play your favourite music from device storage also.
★ Routine reminders (if you want them, of course!)
★ Progress tracking.
★ Import/Export Routines.
★ Custom icons for Routines.
★ Create home screen Routine app widget.
★★★★ Benefits ★★★★
★ One review suggests that there are many beneficial stretches that can improve range of motion in athletes, especially runners.
★ If done properly, stretching can prevent injury, relax the muscles, increase range of motion and flexibility, and better one's performance.
★ Stretching is more beneficial to those who stretch regularly, as opposed to those people who stretch occasionally.
★ Stretching increases blood flow which prevents hardening of the arteries and it also produces synovial fluid, which lubricates the joints that are surrounded by the muscles; which in turn helps prevent arthritis.
★ Stretching stabilizes the body's natural balance and posture, and aligns the joints leading to better coordination. After any physical activity, there is a buildup of lactic acid in one's body and by stretching the lactic acid is removed, therefore alleviating any muscle pain or cramps.
The app was developed with the help of nutrition experts and specialists in stress management.
Using the app for 8 minutes a day is all it takes to demonstrably improve employees’ health.
The game-like tasks mainly concentrate on reducing stress, strengthening the back, as well as improving diet.
The range of functions include exercises on the following topics:
BETTER BODY AWARENESS – INCREASING MENTAL STRENGTH –IMPROVING ENERGY LEVELS THROUGH DIET
Serious health problems such as herniated discs or chronic neck pain, which are often a result of sitting for long periods, can be avoided.
Office Balance helps the user increase their mental strength, which in turn helps to control their stress levels more easily. In addition, the app also specifically helps improve daily diet.
The app can be customised to suit the individual.
Personal goals can be set and the results can be checked daily. By using game-like elements and easy to understand exercises, motivation remains high.
For SMEs, the app makes it easier to interact with employees on the subject of promoting good health. Thanks to the mobile accessibility of the app, Office Balance can also support employees who travel a lot.
Companies have the additional option of placing individual employer branding on the app.
- Getting alert for missed calls
- Getting alert for unread sms
- Automatically starting this alert service when phone restarts
- Set alert tone for missed calls and unread sms
- Set start and end time for getting alerts for missed call and unread sms. This way you can avoid disturbance in night.
Quickly send back SMS for a missed call or rejected call. You select from list of quick sms text that you can configure and send SMS. It opens up default SMS manager on your phone to edit and send text.
Its useful to respond back quickly silently in SMS to phone call while in meeting, travel etc.
It provides a list of default SMS text. You can add/edit/delete these as per your need.
I have tried to make it German, French and Spanish friendly too.
- It shows up list of quick text to send in SMS to recent missed call contact
- It opens up automatically on a missed or rejected call
- You can use last 3 missed call contacts
- Click on missed call image to switch to next contact number
- Press on any item to add / edit / delete quick text.
- Press on "+" button at bottom to add new quick text
- Press settings to reset list to default
Open app and enable service. It will keep phone app in front during a call.
Its two person game.
Its an old game where one person writes a word (may be a movie name or country or actor name or cricket player etc etc ) and then hides some alphabets of it. Then other person guesses the missing alphabets.
This application gives:
- Enter text
- Hide alphabets
- Ask other person to guess missing alphabets
Fun for Kids to learn new words
I am using it in delhi city and not aware of it can be used elsewhere.
One can use it if spectranet internet/broadband login url given it something like 22.214.171.124.
You can do some settings on it to suite your needs like:
- spectranet/citycom start url for logon
- Takes spectranet/citycom internet broadband login username and password
- Does login
- show status of internet broadband login
- logsoff from spectranet/citycom internet broadband
- autologon to spectranet/citycom internet broadband can be set
- remember password settings can be done
- notification can be enabled/disabled