Real-time reporting of the Hedley Environmental Index (HEI) for Hong Kong and Shenzhen. HEI is reported on a scale of 1 to 12 and 12+ and grouped into five bands, with low, moderate, high, very high and serious air pollution.
• Report air pollutants that exceed the World Health Organization Air Quality Guidelines (WHO AQG) of each air monitoring station (13 urban rooftop and 3 roadside air monitoring stations in Hong Kong, 11 stations in Shenzhen)
• Report hourly HEI of each monitoring station
• Report air pollutant concentrations of each stations and their past 48-hour trends (PM2.5, PM10, SO2, NO2, and O3)
• Calculate hospitalization for cardio-pulmonary diseases and mortality risks for non-accidental causes attributable to the current level of air pollutants in the location (closest station), for the age group, gender and health status
• Provide individual risk for different profiles
• View either Hong Kong or Shenzhen monitoring stations. Also can be set both Hong Kong and Shenzhen stations at the same time
• Support Widget
• Support Traditional Chinese and English
• Switch between microgram per cubic metre (µg/m3) or parts per billion (ppb) for pollutant concentration unit
INTERNET: for data retrieving
GPS: for reporting air quality and weather information
The Hedley Environmental Index is managed by School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong.