*Sandy Hurricane crisis map
*Live Subway Line Information
*Live Hurricane Sandy Update
*MTA / LIRR Mobile
- View forecasts for all regions and products available on HRRR NCEP web site.
- Use in portrait or landscape mode.
- Share HRRR forecasts to social media sites like Facebook, or through email and text.
- For storm chasers, meteorologists, or weather enthusiasts.
The radar is located 18 km north of the Sydney CBD. The Terrey Hills site, on the Hornsby plateau at an elevation of 195 metres above sea level, gives the radar an excellent view in all directions. The rough topography of the Great Dividing Range slightly compromises the radar's view to the west, but the coverage to the north, east and south is largely unobstructed. Based on detecting echoes at an altitude of 3,000 metres, the radar coverage extends as far north as Bulahdelah and Scone, west to Mudgee and Bathurst and south to Goulburn and Ulladulla.
The radar will readily detect thunderstorms and deep rain-bearing systems approaching from any direction, often at greater range than quoted above. The high sensitivity of the radar will assist in the detection of drizzle and light shower activity over Sydney, the Central Coast and Blue Mountains, but, as with other radars, the curvature of the Earth may hide these usually shallow weather systems at longer range. People in the Newcastle, Hunter Valley and lower Mid North coast are therefore encouraged to refer to the nearer Newcastle radar, those in the Illawarra the Wollongong (Appin) radar and users on the Southern Tablelands the Canberra radar.
In most cases, processing of the radar signal removes permanent echoes caused by hills, buildings and other solid objects, but sometimes a few slip through. These usually show up as small, stationary or erratically moving specks, mostly over the higher ground of the Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands and Barrington Tops areas. On cold clear winter nights and mornings these echoes may become stronger or increase in number due to downward refraction of the radar beam.
Ships are regularly observed over the sea. These appear as specks or short arcs (oriented perpendicular to the direction of the radar). They can often be tracked moving towards or away from port over a series of images.
During strong winds and very rough seas, sea clutter may be visible off the coast out to a range of about 30 km. This sea clutter tends to remain in the same area and can therefore be distinguished from rain echoes, which generally move with the wind.
The Norfolk Island radar has good coverage in most directions but trees to the north obstruct the radars view. Being a C Band radar, if there are large thunderstorms around, the radar may not be able to detect accurately the strength of other storms located behind the closest storms. This may also lead to the underestimation of the strength, at times, of very intense isolated storms. Heavy rain over the radar itself will reduce the reliability of the radar in all directions. There may be a tendency to observe areas of false echoes from the sea surface within approximately 50 kilometres of the radar. There is a blind spot of 1 km radius centred on Norfolk Island Airport. Operational constraints may occasionally limit the availability of data from this station.
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
It represents the weather evolution with an animation loop of the latest images.
Geographical areas supported: Europe,Africa and USA.
Images are available with different "channels" ranging from infrared, visible and water vapor.
Other "virtual channels" like dust, snow and storm estimation (NEFODINA) are available for Europe.
- Weekly forecast (powered by OpenWeatherMap) based on you smartphone position
- Near real time images from geostationary satellites
- Different image channels (IR, VISIBLE, Water Vapor, RGB composite)
- Ambient temperature monitoring (available on Samsung Galaxy S4)
- Relative air humidity monitoring (Samsung Galaxy S4)
- Atmospheric pressure monitoring (available on Google Nexus, Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S4)
- Possibility to zoom the image on a dedicated view
- Resizable widget
- Up to two different image widgets
= INSTALLATION =
When first installed a preferences screen will be prompted:
- Refresh time: it is important to select how often images will be refreshed. Take care on your mobile carrier data plan (be careful!)
- Animation: if enabled, it will collect the latest images and will build an animated loop showing the weather evolution
- Europe and Africa: select your desired geographical area and image channel
- USA: select your desired geographical area and image channel
When done press back and exit from the preferences screen. In the future if you want to change your preferences it is possible to select the corresponding icon on your launcher (app drawer)
Now you can simply add a new widget on your home screen selecting the "Weather Live Satellite Widget"
If you want to zoom the view to have more details, simply tap on the widget: a zoom view will be shown.
Now you can enjoy your new widget and experiment all the images and settings as you desire!
Please, if you like it, rate it! :-)
credits: adam whitcroft (original weather artwork), misterfatj (modified weather icon set)
keywords: live wallpaper GOES NOAA Meteosat satellite images weather evolution thunderstorms estimation
*** NOT FOR THE PROTECTION OF LIFE OR PROPERTY ***
- Presets for 30 detectors across 10 countries so far
- Custom detector
- Strike age colour-coded
- Graph of strike rate
- Strikes and graph can be animated
Detector owners: see http://skywatcher.net.nz/android.htm to if you would like your detector added to the preset list.
With different lightning colors you can predict the direction of a storm.
Available countries: Poland, Great Britain, Germany, Switzerland, Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg).
Interface available in English and Polish.
Usage of Blids.de maps by Storm Spy has been approved by Siemens AG.
Download the Storm Tracker 3 app for fast, accurate local and national weather at your fingertips. With its personal alert notifications, you'll know when significant weather is heading your way and when to take cover. And when you are traveling, use Storm Tracker 3 to get real-time weather forecasts, interactive radar and current conditions for anywhere in the U.S.
The Storm Tracker 3 app utilizes the most advanced radar maps, weather and digital technology available. With its easy to use interactive radar, you can take control and see where the storm is now and where it is tracking. Then, set customized alerts to keep you and your family informed and safe.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Kansas
- The latest video forecast from Storm Tracker 3
- Current weather conditions for Wichita, all of Kansas, and anywhere in the United States
- Share the weather conditions via text message, email, Facebook or Twitter
- You can set multiple custom locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
- Closings and delays for Kansas
- Weather blog from Threat Tracker
- Live streaming video from KSN-TV
The local forecast, radar, and current weather conditions for Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana are all within this app, including, Indian Hill, West Chester, Mason, Villa Hills, Florence and the rest of the Storm Tracker Weather, FOX19 viewing area.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
Track-It Deluxe (Ad Supported) has most of the same features as our non-ad version, as well as lots of extra ads put in for your viewing (and clicking) enjoyment.
- Advisory info
- Forecast cones
- Wind speed probabilities
- Spaghetti models
- 12 high quality NOAA satellite loops
- 12 high quality GOES satellite loops
- Marine forecast information
- Surface Maps
- Wind & Wave Maps
- Peak Wave & Primary Swell Maps
- Sea Surface Temperature Maps
- and more!
From professional to novice, Track-It Deluxe has all the features you need to track storms.
Everything is updated hourly so you will always have access to the most current information.
If you like this application, please consider purchasing the ad-free version.
Thanks and be safe!
- Current weather, weather forecast.
- Sunrise/sunset, photography golden hour, twilight (dusk/dawn) times.
- Moonrise/moonset times, moon phase.
- Sun & Moon azimuth on rise and set (useful for checking local Manhattanhenge date).
- Choosing current position/city from GPS or manually.
- Homescreen widget
- Iridium flares prediction.
- ISS (International Space Station) pass prediction.
Features in the development:
- Weather history (pressure, temperature)
- Astronomical events (eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions, meteor showers, etc.)
- Aurora borealis forecast & current kp-index (magnetic storm predictor).
- Pressure from barometer sensor (for supported phones).
If you have problems or suggesion, write me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Create and save locations. Loop radar over the US or parts of Europe. Weather maps show you how clouds, precipitation, and temperature are expected to change in the future.
New functionality (BETA): In areas with weather radar, we can now automatically tell you how observed rain and snow will move to the next hour!
Service brought to you by StormGeo and ImpactWeather.
Keywords: Wet or Dry, NowCast, StormGeo, Weather, Storm247, Storm 24 7, Storm 247, Radar
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
Please note that each chaser's video stream depends on network conditions in the field which vary dramatically during a chase. Streams will disconnect when the chaser loses wireless data coverage.
The app is still considered a beta release but we wanted to get out something your hands early so you could enjoy it this storm season. Follow @TVNweather on Twitter for updates.
The My Backyard Weather application is your virtual weather station, allowing you to remotely monitor indoor and outdoor environmental conditions from nearly anywhere on the planet. The My Backyard Weather dashboard includes temperature gauges, humidity monitors, wind data, rain measurements, your personalized weather forecast and more. For indoor monitoring, AcuLink compatible sensors can act as a digital thermometer or humidity monitor, allowing you to measure conditions like attic temperature or basement humidity.
• Monitor up to 3 AcuLink compatible sensors per AcuLink Internet Bridge (sold separately at AcuRIte.com).
Remotely track changing weather conditions in and around your home or business, including:
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Direction
- Wind Speed
- Barometric Pressure
• Receive real-time text message alerts and/or email notifications when conditions change. Programmable weather alerts include high / low temperature alerts, oncoming storm warnings, wind alerts, rain alarms and more.
• Share indoor conditions and your local weather conditions with friends & family, or with a weather network, like Weather Underground.
• Chart & graph historical data.
• Easy setup & hassle-free installation with free US-based support.
• Interact with other users through in the Thisis50.com social network, including photo and status sharing.
• News and announcements from official 50 Cent and G-Unit blogs
• Video interviews with top hip-hop artists
• Music videos from 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo and every G-Unit Records artist
• Album release and exclusive events calendar
• Official and fan submitted photostream
• Listen to hip-hop tracks, and app-exclusive releases from 50 Cent
Below are some of the great features in our app
COMMUNITY INTEGRATION: Your pictures and comments are pushed from the app to the Cigar Federation website, in real time. This way you never miss a beat.
LIVE 24/7 CHAT: Chat along with the other “FedHeads” on the live herf.
PODCASTS: Listen to archived podcasts from all of the Cigar Federation programming.
TV SHOWS: Watch all of the shows hosted on Cigar Federation including Cigar Chat, Pipe Dummies, Stogie Geeks, Sharing Our Pairings, What Embargo & more! You will never miss your favorite show again!
STORE: All of your favorite cigars are now available at your fingertips. From hard-to-find boutiques to your trusty go-to everyday smoke, we’ve got them all! Plus, get “App Exclusive" deals and discounts not available anywhere else!
The CigarDojo App - Cigar lovers unite! Lets talk cigars! The CigarDojo app is the ultimate mobile/global HERF. Share your thought's, and images of what cigar you are smoking right now. Comment on what others are smoking and sharing. With the CigarDojo app cigar lovers all over the world can communicate and share their smokes with one another. Discuss cigars or whatever else is on your mind.
TWITTER & FACEBOOK
Publish to Twitter and Facebook all at once! There is no need to duplicate your efforts because with the CigarDojo you can publish your thought's and pictures to Twitter and Facebook directly from the CigarDojo app making this the only app you will need for your social networking. (Choose to share with just the CigarDojo fans, or optionally send to Twitter, Facebook or all three at the same time!)
CIGAR STORE & CIGAR BAR LOCATOR!
Find your nearest cigar shop or cigar lounge and checkin to let others know about your favorite cigar locations. The CigarDojo uses your smartphone to locate the nearest cigar shops or cigar bars and will guide you right to their door.
CIGAR EVENTS! The CigarDojo app puts a cigar event calendar in the palm of your hand. Never miss another HERF or cigar convention with the CigarDojo.
CIGAR REVIEWS! Read fresh reviews of cigars, cigar accessories, and other cigar related topics.
You can register within the app for FREE or just use your Twitter or Facebook login. Within seconds you will be sharing pictures of your favorite stogie.
The Cigar Dojo is the ultimate social cigar app for your smartphone!
The CNS mobile app features:
- Push notifications for breaking news from the track
- LIVE Updates from the track
- Track info and driving directions
- Schedule of events
- Track News
- Tech News
- Race Results
- Point Standings
- Image Gallery
And much, much more! This FREE app will keep you closer to the action at Colorado National Speedway like never before.
+ Listen to the daily Intentional Living radio program podcast with Dr. Randy Carlson
+ Read our blog articles to help you grow spiritually and relationally
+ Stream the daily radio program live on Family Life Radio (12pm & 7pm MST, M-S)
+ Watch special videos from the Intentional Living Center
+ Learn about upcoming conferences and events