Mobile application Parks of Croatia is an official guide to sightseeing and getting the best out of visits to Croatian National Parks and Nature Parks.
Key features include:
• Interactive guide for all 19 Croatian National Parks and Nature Parks:
Brijuni, Kornati, Krka, Mljet, Risnjak, Plitvice lakes, Northern Velebit and Paklenica National Parks;
Kopački rit, Papuk, Lastovo archipelago, Medvednica, Žumberak – Samoborsko highlands, Učka, Telašćica, Vransko lake, Velebit, Biokovo and Lonjsko Polje Nature Parks
• Beacon Bluetooth technology, notifying users of nearby points of interest
• The ability to view and discover points of interest and routes on an interactive map, even in offline mode
• A wide-ranging list of attractions and activities for each park that you can explore and view on a map, such as hiking trails, bicycling routes, scuba diving locations, educational trails, rock climbing areas and much more
• Service information, including park contact info, available entrances and ticket sales points
• Online shop to buy park entry tickets that can be accessed directly from within the application
• Current news and events for each park
• User Experience sharing feature, so you can share your photos, stories and experiences of the visited areas
• Park Protector feature, allowing visitors to report any misconduct in order to help park rangers and personnel with park maintenance
Application needs to retrieve data, so make sure to open the application after installation in order to enable full offline content.
Mobile application Parks of Croatia has been created within the project Strengthening the Institutional and Financial Sustainability of the National Protected Area System (PARCS). This project of the Croatian Ministry of Environmental and Nature Protection (MENP) is implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Croatia and financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF).