Buy and register now to get a $10 Orvis gift certificate.
"...this is some real forward-thinking from ORVIS, and one of the most
useful and practical fishing apps we've used." - Fly Fish America,
★ Editor's Choice Awards, 2011
• This app is optimized for Android Version 2.1+. Suggested minimum device CPU is 800 mhz. The App's larger database installs directly to the SD card with Version 2.2+. With Version 2.1 the app database must be moved manually to the SD card through Settings.
Introducing the Orvis Fly Fishing App, a complete guide with casting lessons, video and animated knot instructions, a guide to the top trout flies, and updated fishing condition reports for more than 200 of the best fishing locations in North America. With more than an hour of instructional video and dozens of pictures and animations, it is by far the most useful and information-packed fishing application available.
The application includes:
• Over 20 different fly fishing knots, everything from the Bimini Twist to the Blood Knot. Knots can be chosen by name or by use.
• Each knot is detailed in step-by-step text, detailed narrated close-up video by Orvis tackle guru Steve Hemkens, and animations that can be stopped and rewound or played at any speed desired.
The Basic Fly Casts
• Basic fly casting, from how to hold a fly rod to the Double Haul.
• Text descriptions plus videos of Truel Myers, director of the Orvis Fly-Fishing schools
Top 10 Fly Casting Mistakes
• Truel Myers gives the top 10 fly-casting mistakes and how to correct them.
• Videos demonstrate each mistake and how to correct it, backed up with text descriptions.
• Everything from shooting line too early to correcting tailing loops.
• It’s like having a casting instructor on the water
Field Guide to the Top 100 Trout Flies
• Pick a fly by name or by type
• Each fly has an image for identification, description, and tips when and where to use it and how to fish it
• You can search for recommended flies by type, season, hook size, color, or region or use a combination of search terms to narrow down your choices.
Orvis Fishing Reports
• Over 200 of the top fly-fishing destinations in North America
• Real-time fishing updates on your iPhone or Touch
• Tips on hot flies, rods, lines and leaders to use, fishing tips, and outlook for the next week on each fishery
• Hatches, baitfish, and water temperatures
• Real-time flows for rivers and tide charts for each saltwater fishery
Fly Fishing Podcasts
• More than 100 podcasts by renowned fly fishing author Tom Rosenbauer are at your fingertips. Find the topics you are interested in, save them, and listen to them anywhere.
Fly-Fishing Glossary and search
• Confused by any of the lingo? A glossary is available on each page
• Looking for a particular fly or knot or cast? Just use the search, available on each page
$10 Gift Certificate
• When you register the app, Orvis will send you a $10 gift certificate (subject to terms and conditions of issuer).
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More than 1,000 exciting videos of fly fishing! This is an application with many great videos and photos of various topics such as fly fishing tackles, rod building, artificial flies, fishing techniques, target fishes, step-by-step tutorials, etc.
Aside from videos and photos, you can enjoy many other features including fly fishing wiki library.
1) Tons of high resolution fly fishing photos
2) Over 1,000 fly fishing videos (YouTube Player)
3) Fly fishing wiki library
4) Daily updated contents
*You must be connected to the internet to enjoy this app.
It took five years to write and present this work and now I offer it free so you can share all the tips and tricks I learned - tips and tricks which put fish in my bag and trophies on my shelf. This is NOT a game or a toy! But if you are serious about your fly fishing this is the app for you! Download it - explore it - share it with your friends. I guarantee you will find information in here which will leave you saying "I never thought of that"!
Most people get out fly fishing once or twice a month if they are lucky and never have the time to discover the techniques I perfected over the years. This app will give you the edge and save you hours of frustration. After all, fly fishing’s meant to be fun... remember? I spent a lot of time and effort trying out different ideas so now you don't need to. I'll tell you how to recognize the best method for a particular time, season and weather conditions.
There are galleries of flies - so you can see what it looks like when someone mentions a fly you haven't heard of before. There's a section to introduce you to fly tying and dressing - and I'll show you the only three flies you're ever likely to need. I developed them from other patterns and can honestly say that I caught many, many fish using them. I couldn't buy these flies in the shops at the time so I developed some easy ways to tie them for myself and I'll show you how to do that quickly and easily. I even got into the habit of tying up a few flies over a cup of coffee just before I went fishing. That's how easy they are!
There are maps for major fly fishing countries containing a wealth of information about their fly fishing locations, including a picture of each site and important details such as names, addresses, telephone numbers and relevant websites. The information on these maps is constantly being updated to give you a great reference source for your next fly fishing adventure!
There's even a section of recipes to help you work out what to do with your fish when you've caught it - everything from a quick snack to a formal dinner!
And if you do find this App helpful please leave a comment to help others make up their minds! Tight Lines!
Update May, 2014: There is a known problem with Nexus devices which stop the videos playing. I am unable to adjust the app to accommodate a problem caused by Nexus. I have received several "one stars" from Nexus users. This is disappointing as it is a Nexus problem and not an app problem. If you have a Nexus and cannot watch the videos please take this matter up with Nexus rather than down-rating my app!
Four times a year you’ll receive intimate details on waters of all types—some remote, and some close to home. American Fly Fishing assembles stunning photography, rock-solid fishing information, and entertaining stories to deliver directly to your mobile devices, straight from the continent’s top outdoor writers and most knowledgeable local and regional experts. You’ll receive compelling insider’s looks at fly fishing from Alaska to Mexico, from the Pacific to the Atlantic, from the Great Lakes to the Caribbean.
Whether you’re a trout bum or a steelhead addict, a saltwater junkie or warm-water fanatic, American Fly Fishing will carry you to new fisheries and old favorites. Along with feature stories, each issue showcases innovative flies and tiers, brings fly-fishing history alive in our Pioneers & Legends column, dazzles the eye with unrivaled angling photos in our Exposure spread, and delivers the scoop on the America’s top fly-rod-friendly cities and towns in Urban Angler.
So wade in and enjoy as American Fly Fishing guides you to mobile angling adventures!
A leading, independently published magazine for thinking fly fishers and fly tyers, the content ranges from the English chalkstreams to freestone rivers; from reservoirs to Scottish lochs (and Ireland's loughs); from Norway's clear, cold salmon rivers to the USA's Blue Ribbon trout streams; and from Grand Slam sport in the Gulf of Mexico to Australia's red-hot coastline.
Edited by Mark Bowler, every monthly issue includes travel features, reviews, news, correspondence and comment from some of the best writers in fly fishing - Charles Jardine, Neil Patterson, Magnus Angus, Mick Huffer, Bruce Sandison, Alastair Gowans, Malcolm Greenhalgh, Peter Lapsley, Jeremy Lucas and many more experts at the cutting edge of their field.
The monthly downloaded issues contain extra photos, film-clips, podcasts, and connections to the internet. You can save money by subscribing; this also means you will never miss an issue, new editions will automatically download to your tablet, and your whole magazine library will be with you whether you are at work, travelling, on holiday, or at the waterside!
FishingKnots is optimized for both tablet and smartphone usage.
Fly fishing is a very popular fishing sport that can be both relaxing and challenging at the same time.
The following useful tips and tricks are ideal of beginners. This sport is not difficult. When you’re just starting out learning to fly fish you’ll want all the help and advice that you can get from the experts.
This application can help you to improve your fly fishing skill.
- 101 useful fly fishing tips.
- You can share all tips to others.
- Easy to use.
Finally enjoy our tips and tricks to ensure your fly fishing is truly productive from the team at www.theessentialfly.com
Published since 2005, Eastern Fly Fishing is often referred to as the “National Geographic of fly fishing,” and is the magazine of choice for fly anlers living in Eastern United States. Six times a year you will receive intimate details on waters of all types—some remote, and some close to home. Eastern Fly Fishing assembles stunning photography, rock-solid fishing information, and entertaining departments, straight from the continent’s top outdoor writers and most knowledgeable local and regional experts.
Whether you’re a trout bum or a striper addict, Eastern Fly Fishing will carry you to new fisheries and old favorites. Along with feature stories, each issue showcases innovative flies and tiers, brings fly-fishing history alive in our Pioneers & Legends column, dazzles the eye with unrivalled angling photos in our Exposure and Fish Eye departments, and much more.
So wade in and enjoy as Eastern Fly Fishing guides you to great fly-fishing adventures all around the region.
Trademarks and Copyrights of Third Parties. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Published since 1999, Northwest Fly Fishing is often referred to as the “National Geographic of fly fishing,” and is the magazine of choice for fly anlers living in Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and Western Canada. Six times a year you will receive intimate details on waters of all types—some remote, and some close to home. Northwest Fly Fishing assembles stunning photography, rock-solid fishing information, and entertaining departments, straight from the continent’s top outdoor writers and most knowledgeable local and regional experts.
Whether you’re a trout bum or a steelhead addict, Northwest Fly Fishing will carry you to new fisheries and old favorites. Along with feature stories, each issue showcases innovative flies and tiers, brings fly-fishing history alive in our Pioneers & Legends column, dazzles the eye with unrivalled angling photos in our Exposure and Fish Eye departments, and much more.
So wade in and enjoy as Northwest Fly Fishing guides you to great fly-fishing adventures all around the region.
Follow us on TWITTER: @ifindfishing
We have hit over 42,500+ downloads, 3000+ venue comments and 10,000+ friendly fisherman using our fishing apps per month. Thank you all for your support! Please share this app with your friends.
Find over 1490+ Coarse, Fly and Sea fishing venues shown on your Smartphone. The app also shows over 420 tackle shops in the UNITED KINGDOM & IRELAND.
LATEST VENUE COUNT - 1927 (highly accurate):
- 470 Fly fishing venues
- 856 Coarse fishing venues
- 179 Sea Charters
- 422 Tackle Shops
REMEMBER: This a DAY TICKET fishing venue search app. Private, syndicated or member only venues will NOT appear in our database.
- Find closest carp fishery, fly fishery, sea boat charter or tackle shop
- Find day ticket fisheries near a closest future or current postcode
- Get directions from your current location to the each venue with the maps app.
- Call or email each venue to arrange bookings or find out information for each venue (provided this information is available)
- Add new fisheries (with built in GPS locator)
- Review and add comments & photos to venues
- Leave comments about fisheries
- We have meticulously located each and every fishery in our database (includes a geolocated Longitude and Latitude of every fishery in our database.)
★ Easy-to-follow instructions★
★ Tablet support ★
★ Favorites support ★
★ Eagle eye mode ★
★ Removable Ads ★
Happened in summer of 2011. I was fishing and I had to tie a knot, which I used a very long time ago. Ok, no panic, “there is an app for that”, so I’ve checked the Android market, but I was quite disappointed, as I could not find such app, which would gave step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions with good photos.
So I’ve made this app. That’s it.
This application illustrates how to make the most popular fishing knots, categorized in 4 chapters: line, hook, misc and boating knots. Step-by-step instructions help anyone to master those.
• Tying loops: Simple loop, Bight, 3-turn loop
• Stop knots: Multi-wrap stop knot, Figure of eight stop knot, Uni stop knot
• Dropper loops and leaders: Butterfly loop, Dropper loop, Surgeon’s knot
• Joining leader to loop: Joining loops 1-2, Quick joining to loop
• Line to line: Albright, Blood and Fishermans knot
• Spade end hooks: Domhof, Needle knot, Snelling
• Knotless knot
• Eyed hooks: Crawford, Herkules, Trilene
• Fly or/and eyed hooks: Duncan, Mörrum, Orvis
• Drop shot knot
• Palomar knot
• WF knot
• Knots for swivels and snap locks: Clinch, Hangman’s knot, Sling knot
• Arbour knots
• Rapala knot
• Universal knots: Rebeck, Kentauri, Pitzen
• Bowline, Anchor knot, Sliding knot, Double hitch, Cleat knot and Clove hitch
This app is free, but Ad supported.
This application was made based on series of articles on haldorado.hu site with the permission of the site owners and the author of the content, Róbert Balogh. Translation was made by Róbert, also.
Windows phone version: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=e4c5e6dc-f751-4bfa-b72a-e003c08430f3
This app contains Fly Fishing Tips and Tricks that are ideal for beginners. When you are just starting out learning to fly fish you will want all the help and advice that you can get from the experts.
Holding your Rod Effectively
What do to with a Running Fish
The Best Bait Choices
Types of Reels
Tying Effective Knots
Keeping Track of Patterns
Fly Fishing for Salmon
Fly Fishing for Trout
Protecting your Fly Line
and much more
Zoals prachtige video's uit de gehele wereld, Nederlandse vliegviswinkeliers en Nederlandse vliegvisreservoirs.
Ook vind je praktische vliegvistips van Rudy van Duijnhoven en Edward van der Heul.
Iedere maand voegen we weer nieuwe vliegvistips toe.