- latest Hubble news
- more than 1,000 images in gallery
- Astronomy picture of the Day
- Share through Facebook, send email
- easy navigation
- set wallpaper feature
- slideshow gallery
- tablet supported (tested on Xoom)
If you have any suggestions or inquiries regarding the application please do not hesitate to contact us.
- UI improvements
- tablet support
- new UI graphics
Disclaimer: This application does not own any image, it only provides the easy way to access Hubble images from hubblesite.org.
You will not find ads in our games, as we think ads only take away attention from what's going on inside the game and they do not provide much value to the player.
The game has a few levels. First two are free and the rest you can unlock by an in-app purchase.
* DISTANCE FROM SUN - Drag the planet above to the correct place between the planets below (according to the distance from Sun)
* TIMELINE OF SOLAR SYSTEM EXPLORATION - Place the event in the correct chronological spot on the timeline of Solar system exploration
* FAMOUS ASTRONOMERS - Do you know who was first – Galileo or Copernicus?
* PLANETS SIZE - Place the planet according to its size – smallest on the left
* SEND SPACECRAFT TO THE PLANET - Pick the right planet the spacecraft was sent to
* PLANET’S NATURAL SATELLITES - Do you know which moon belogs to which planet?
Photos and pictures by NASA / JPL / GSFC / ESO
Sound effects by Freesfx.co.uk
NEW! Play this game online right in your Chrome browser:
Join us on Twitter where we always listening:
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your device at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place for your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every star, planet, constellation, or deep space object, such as nebulae and galaxies, has an (i) next to its name. Tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• StarWalk has data on over 9000 man-made satellites. Track their flight across the sky, be it day or night, catch iridium flares.
• Meteor showers are spectacular yearly events. Star Walk can help you plan ahead and locate the meteor shower on the night sky.
Share your experience
• Post pictures from your virtual planetarium and let your friends learn about the night sky. Astronomy has never been so engaging!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your device up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
- The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with the gyroscope and compass.
- For Android 4.4 KitKat users: the application doesn't support ART, please switch to Dalvik.
SkySafari 4 Pro includes NASA's latest Moon and Mars maps, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version. It's an astronomical encyclopedia, with over 1500 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professionals. And it includes 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers - now in breathtaking high definition on your Android tablet!
All this is built into SkySafari 4 Pro - you don't need an internet connection to use it. SkySafari 4 Pro will revolutionize your astronomical viewing experience, and replace desktop astronomy software costing ten times more. If you're serious about astronomy, it's a deal you can't afford to miss.
If you've used SkySafari Pro before, here's what's new in version 4:
* New look-and-feel, app icons, and artwork.
* Complete rewrite of compass code for much smoother and more accurate motion tracking.
* Google Maps integration: choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
* Animated meteor showers, with complete viewing information and spectacular graphics.
* New horizon panoramas: Yerba Buena Gardens in downtown San Francisco, Uluru (Ayers Rock) Australia, and the top of Mauna Kea on Hawaii's Big Island. Or add your own!
* New and updated descriptions for hundreds of objects.
* Completely reinvented scope control panel. Up/Down/Left/Right controls only appear when the scope is connected, and big enough to be useable.
* Objects lists under Search are now sortable by name, number, magnitude, RA, Dec, and many other properties.
* New Advanced Search options let you find objects using properties other than their name. For example, you can find all objects of a certain type, within a certain constellation, brighter than a certain magnitude, etc.
* New Advanced Time settings let you enter a date & time thousands of years in the past or future, to the nearest second, or using Julian dates
* New Telescope Equipment settings let you enter a list of all your telescope equipment. Select different combinations of eyepieces and telescopes to display field-of-view automatically. Set up a separate camera and auto-guider FOV. All FOV indicators can be labelled in the sky chart.
* Now log observations of objects directly from the Object Info view, or show all your observations of any object at once.
* New Variable Stars list, containing the brightest and best-known variables in the sky.
* Added descriptions for hundreds of small moons, asteroids, comets, satellites; and many images.
* All full screen images in Object Info now include hi-res versions for the iPad.
* Database now contains Guide Star Catalog 2.x stars to magnitude 15 - total 25 million (up from 15 million in SkySafari 3 Pro).
* Database now includes the complete General Catalog of Variable Stars and Washington Double Star catalogs.
* Dozens more tweaks, bug fixes, and additions we don't have room to list here!
Combining simplicity and beauty with unrivalled features and power, let Vortex provide you with a stunning view of the night sky.
Augmented Reality (with camera support)
Hold your device to the sky and see an accurate representation of the stars and planets. If your device has a rear facing camera, experience true augmented reality with our sky map overlayed onto the real world! A unique experience not found in any other Android planetarium.
View the sky from any location - Use GPS, Network Provider or our powerful search feature to show you the night sky at your current location, or even the other side of the world.
Using our inovative time slider, you can see how the skies looked at any point in time, with fine control over the abilty to rewind, or fast-forward time. Select an object and watch it's motion as it rises and falls.
Huge object database
With over 20,000 objects to discover, you wont run out of things to search for! Included are
* All major and minor planets in our Solar System including all major moons.
* 88 constellations
* 110 Messier objects
* 109 Caldwell objects
* Full Revised NGC-IC catalog (Over 14,000 objects)
* More than 9000 stars
* Meteor showers
Combined with our powerful search, you will never be far away from any one of these objects!
Facts and figures
To compliment the staggering number of objects available, we have made available concise facts and information about the majority of them, with detailed ephemeris and figures for all. You will learn something new with each and every object in the sky!
Discover, at the touch of a button, upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, conjunctions, moon phases, season changes and much more. With the ability to add these events to your device calendar you'll never miss these sometimes once in a lifetime events again!
With just one button press, see what objects of interest are in the night sky right now!
Unique to Vortex Planetarium, we provide a 3 day forecast for anywhere in the world, focusing on astronomical data, like transparency and seeing. With the ability to mark those clear nights in your devices calendar, you will have no excuse to get outside and marvel at the beauty the Universe beholds.
With a bewildering number of configuration options, packaged in a simple to understand design, you can tailor Vortex to your exact needs. Maybe the constellation art is too bright, no problem, adjust it's transparency, need to adjust the number of stars you see to match the real night sky? No problem! We have pretty much every option covered, and if we don't, let us know why we should!
Beauty, speed & simplicity
Our aim is to make sure Vortex Planetarium is easy to use, extremely powerful and look stunning.
Vortex Planetarium has been optimised to run as fast and as smoothly as possible, no jerky movements when you zoom in on Jupiter. We have not ported Vortex from iPhone, it's purely an Android product. This means we can focus on optimising for the platform exclusively. This philosophy guarantees fast and regular updates.
And much more to come
We are always improving Vortex, and you will never have to "upgrade" or make additional purchases for these features and improvements.
Need help picking your first telescope? Not sure what it's capable of? Why not try before you buy?!
After a series of precise mathmatical calculations, Telescope Simulator will show exactly what any planet will look like through ANY telescope!!
You can even simulate different barlow lenses or eyepieces on your currect telescope to see what it's capable of!
Select from over 50 popular telescopes from Orion, Celestron and Meade to see what they are capable of!
If your telescope is not on the list, simply tap the 'Custom' button and enter its aperture and focal length and the Telescope Simulator will do the rest!
Telescope Simulator will also simulate all the negative effects of real telescopes so you know exactly what you are buying!
Just like with a real telescope, if you magnify a scope beyond its capabilities your image will get blurry and dim.
For added effect, there is an optional 'Seeing' toggle button that factors in bad atmospheric conditions.
You can even select the Hubble as your telescope just to compare!
Like this app on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TelescopeSimulator
Keywords: jwst, saturn, astronomy, astronomer, star, star gazer, sky map, stellarium, jupiter, mars, uranus, pluto, centauri, ISS, international space station, mercury, venus, eyepiece, barlow, deep sky
***An AppsZoom Best Android App 2014***
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ No ads & full main menu.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
Often the brightest stars are visible in the evening, but it is difficult to guess to what constellation they belong - Lyra, Cygnus, or Eagle. Or maybe it's Venus, Mars or Jupiter?
This question can answer this application.
* Indicates Zenith Nadir, the compass, the constellations, stars and horizontal grid coordinates.
* planetarium. Moon
* model of the Solar System.
* visualization of eclipses
3D StarMap and Solar System model in one.
Сomets are expected.
Solar System 3D is an educational application for anyone interested in our amazing space.
Take a journey to our solar system with this app now.
- 3D space navigation
- Entire solar system with the Sun, 8 major planets and the Moon.
- Wikipedia information about each astro
- Timer setting with speed up options to learn the spinning and orbiting basics of the solar system
- Fantastic simulation of the Earth's seasonal tilt degree and day-night simulation based on your device global location.
- Fair clouds, ambient night view and atmosphere simulation for our planet Earth.
- Real scale factor on the planet size, spin/orbit speed and distance to sun.
COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY, airing this spring on FOX and National Geographic Channel, is a thrilling, 13-part adventure across the universe of space and time. Pilot your own tour of the universe, inspired by the series, with Celestron’s new planetarium app. Explore the Solar System, 120,000 stars, over 200 star clusters, nebulae, galaxies, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites—including the ISS. Navigator includes everything you need to experience the night sky in an exciting new way.
Simulate the night sky and plan your observing session with a custom list of tonight’s best objects based on your exact time and location. Want to know if Jupiter’s Great Red Spot will be visible tonight? Look ahead and see, or animate transits, eclipses, and other celestial events. View hundreds of photos or listen to more than four hours of audio narration to enhance your stargazing experience.
Navigator also includes a Night Vision mode, so you can use it under the stars when your eyes are dark-adapted.
Control the First-Ever WiFi Telescope
COSMOS™ Celestron® Navigator integrates seamlessly with the Celestron COSMOS 90GT WiFi Telescope. Pair your device, align with Celestron’s patented SkyAlign™ technology, and you’re ready to explore! Connecting to the telescope enables Compass Mode, so you can hold your device up to the sky and identify objects instantly. Tap any object and your telescope automatically centers it in the eyepiece.
* Indicates Zenith Nadir, the compass, the constellations, stars and horizontal grid coordinates.
* planetarium. Moon
* model of the Solar System.
* visualization of eclipses
* planet's phases
* planet/star switcher of camera speed
* return to the Earth
* apparent magnitude
If you like space or astronomy, you will like this ISS locator app.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station or Iridium flares. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss a pass of the International Space Station and you will never miss the bright flashes of the iridium communication satellites. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add comets and planets, amateur radio satellites and famous objects, like the Hubble space telescope or the Chinese space station Tiangong.
• Overview of the coming passes
• Weather conditions for perfect sightings
• Radar screen with path indication
• Current location on a map
• Detection of Iridium flares
• Notifications and Alarms
• Share sightings with whatsapp, twitter, gmail, email etc.
• Automatic location and timezone detection
• Dedicated tablet layout
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites
Track dozens of ham and weather satellites
Track Hubble, X-37B, Fitsat, Tiangong and more
Comets and Planets
Track comets as they come closer to earth. Perfect for C/2011 L4 Panstarrs in March 2013 or C/2012 S1 ISON in November 2013.
Enable ISS Detector to display the positions of the planets on the radar view.
ISS Detector combines data from Nasa, Heavens-above.com, minorplanetcenter.net and weather from yr.no.
The application has a night mode so that you can use on your observations.
Also available pro version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.messiercatalogpro
- Az alkalmazások elérése függ a mobil szolgáltatódtól, illetve, hogy azt az alkalmazást milyen területi beállításokkal töltötték fel! Továbbá, hogy milyen verziójú Androiddal futtatható!
- Több mint 890 alkalmazással. (Több mint 790 ingyenes alkalmazás)
- Az alkalmazás listák frissítése folyamatosan történik.
Hungarian android software collection. These applications were made in Hungary or they have Hungarian user interface with Hungarian language support.
Multi language support: English, German, Hungarian
Keywords: Magyar, taxi, utazás, viteldíj