Since the first Venues Day event in December 2014, awareness of the precarious position in which the UK’s small independent venues find themselves has grown enormously. Music Venue Trust, the charity created to champion and protect the nation’s grassroots music continues to lead this work and is putting together this year’s networking day for highlighting and discussing key issues.
Venues Day is a national networking event for grassroots music venues and related professions. Music Venue Trust is hosting Venues Day 2016 on Tuesday 18 October at The Roundhouse, London from 10:30am – 6:00pm.
The event provides a full programme of panels, sessions, workshops, one-to-one advice and opportunities to talk to people who understand the sector and are offering ways to help you and your venue.
The Venues Day 2016 mobile application will enrich the delegate interactive experience at Venues Day. The application provides details of the extensive programme for the day together with speaker profiles and other rich content in an easy to use format.
The application also provides a platform for delegates to actively participate in Venues Day 2016 through the use of the feedback and comment features and by joining the votes that will be managed through the application to canvas delegate opinion on the day.
Delegates will be invited to download the application and then register their details using Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts or registering as a new user.
Once registered a user will be presented with a welcome video from Mark Davyd, CEO of the Music Venue Trust introducing Venues Day and how the application will be used during the day to collate delegate feedback and opinion and to canvas opinion using the vote feature on certain issues.
Features within the application:
• Each speaker at Venues Day will have a biography and photo.
• Push notifications will be used to alert delegates when programme events are starting. Push notifications will be provided on two levels within the App’. The push notifications can be sent to all delegates or a subset of delegates which can be defined within the App. As well as General Notifications, the App also has the ability to notify the delegates (or sub-segment) when each event is starting.
• Social media connectivity for delegates to connect Twitter or Facebook accounts within the App’ and to promote the hashtags #venues day #grassrootsmatter #livemusichere )’
• The App’ will include a delegate voting feature where a choice list can be provided with delegates provided with a time window to vote on the particular issue/comment with results collated and provided shortly afterwards.
• Vouchers for offers will be provided through the App’ to be redeemed by delegates within a certain time window at the event. This facility will be offered to sponsors and exhibitors to provide an offer/incentive.
• A delegate feedback channel will be implemented through the App’ comments feature with feedback collated and made available to speakers, Music Venues Trust and delegates.
• Details of venues in the Music Venue Alliance will be included within the application.