Frustrated by the lack of mass usb storage mounting in your android device? Well look no further. Now you can. You'll now recieve standard android notifications when you connect your device via usb. Mount and unmount with ease.
And as an added feature now you can automatically mount your sd card. Just plug your device in and up comes the file window on your computer. (this feature can come in handy for any rooted device)
---- ATTENTION ----
This will only work on rooted devices and requires a kernel that has the ums enabled. For Xoom users this means a kernel like Tiamat <= 1.40) For other rooted devices enjoy automount.
IF IT DOES NOT WORK ON YOUR DEVICE, PLEASE DO NOT RATE
It is not supposed to work on every device. If it does not work, please report (with log) here -> http://goo.gl/h6JTN
☆ See list of confirmed working devices: http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/confirmed-devices/
▌ IMPORTANT - ROOTED devices ONLY!!
What is rooting? Read here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting
▌ "USB On-The-Go, often abbreviated USB OTG, is a specification that allows USB devices such as digital audio players or mobile phones to act as a host, allowing other USB devices like a USB flash drive, mouse, or keyboard to be attached to them." - Wikipedia
▌Features [ Open Menu -> Settings to enable or disable. ]:
• Automatically start app on device connect [ See FAQ below ]
• Automatic mount [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ ]
• Mount and Unmount drive with a single click
• Full NTFS support! (FAT, Ext2/3/4 also if kernel supports)
• exFAT support! [ See FAQ to enable ]
• Notification when drives mounted!
• Load modules required automatically (from /system/lib/modules)
• Option to enable utf-8 mode (if kernel support)
• Automatically open the mounted drive [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ ]
• Media scanner triggered on mount [Active media scan in Donate version]
• One click debugging [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ below ]
• No Ads!
▌What phones are supported?
☆ Confirmed: http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/confirmed-devices/
Any phone in which kernel supports USB Mass storage (stock OR custom kernels OR with appropriate kernel modules)
If it works on your device, or you know of kernels or modules please give the details here -> http://goo.gl/h4xGl
☆ List of modules and kernels can be found here -> http://goo.gl/NXVEL
Please note that this app is an "Helper" app.. it will not magically make your kernel support USB Mass storage!
▌What are the requirements?
• root (su binary)
• supporting kernel / kernel modules
• USB OTG cable ( or direct card reader, see this kickstarter project and support them -> http://goo.gl/LPPrB )
☆ I will not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Do not use for a long time, u may risk burning the device chip/motherboard due to the voltage supply in host mode.
See -> http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/faq/
If still not working, send me debugging data (one-click for donate version)
If still something does not work, mail me. I cannot reply to feedback!
[ Translate to your language -> http://tinyurl.com/otg-translate ]
Greek - Nianios Romanos
Russian - Igor Nedoboy
Ukranian - Alexandr Tobolin (Toz1k)
Hungarian (Magyar) - Varga Zsigmond (Sigismund)
Italian - walpis
German - Patrick Oberdorf
SEO: usbotg, usb , otg, mass storage, mount, drive, NTFS, ntfs-3g, usb host, stickmount, shardul,
If you have a long-term or frequent data cable with plug SD card troubles, then please use the USB Sharp, USB Sharp can
Allow you to eliminate more trouble!
* Mobile phones and computers sharing a wireless router must be the same
* Only in Share UI through a browser interface to shared files
Has the following features:
**** Convenient and efficient file sharing
* Support WIFI file sharing (can achieve upload, download, delete, create folder manipulation)
* Support for file and folder sharing (via email, Bluetooth)
**** Convenient, efficient management documents
* Support for file and folder sorting (by name, time, size, file type)
* Support for editing files and folders (available to copy, cut, delete, rename, compress (zip), unzip (zip) operation)
* Support Select All and Deselect All operations;
* Support for audio and video, built-in player
**** Convenient and efficient text editing
* Support for text copy, cut, paste, replace
* Support for external files to copy and paste text
* Automatically select encoding text documents
*** New Text File (default encoding is UTF-8), pictures (by the camera) and folders
*** Support for Simplified Chinese, English
**** Off device for the root
* Support to obtain root privileges (to modify file and folder permissions to read and write)
USB Sharp Supported file formats:
Plain text:. Txt
Image:. Png. Jpg. Jpeg. Gif
Video:. Mp4. Mov. M4v .3gp
Audio:. Mp3. M4a. Aac
Web:. Htm. Html. Xhtml
For Wiki or Q/A, please reference this page:
If you have any issue for the app, please leave a message on this page:
USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and tablets, but on many firmwares (both stock and custom) the feature is somewhat broken.
For example, at launch the Galaxy Nexus told all the apps and the Market that it supported USB host, but USB host did not actually work (this was fixed in the Android 4.0.2 update). This broke several apps.
That is just one example of many. There are even cases where OEMs advertise USB host support, but the device does not support it at all. It appears as if USB host support isn't tested by Google or the OEMs when they push out new firmwares and devices at all.
As we cannot depend on Google or the OEMs to correctly provide information regarding USB host support, and the Android framework will regularly lie about it to both the Market as well as Android apps, this application was created so you can test your device's USB host capabilities for yourself.
If you allow it, the app will also submit your results to my website, so together we can create a complete database of devices and firmwares and their USB host support.
This tool may also come in handy for those porting firmwares.
- Android 2.3.1 or newer
- (Optional) Root
- USB OTG cable (unless your device has a fullsize USB port)
- USB memory stick, or another USB device to test the connection with
The result database is available here:
The discussion thread on XDA-Developers can be found here:
I made this tool for practice purpose and my own use.
※This tool is not usb driver.Please install usb driver if you can't connect device and pc.Usually you can download it from device vendor's site.
I got inquiry,so add notes.
At first, I try to make this tool as widget which can toggle USB Debug settings directly if you touch it.But I don't adapt it because it's not recommended way from Android 1.5. So I choose normal Activity which just finishes after calling Settings UI.
This application allows you to enable USB Mass Storage mode on select Samsung and Sony devices.
This will export your microSD card over USB as a mass storage device, this will NOT work with your internal memory due to hardware and software limitations.
You can also create shortcuts to easily toggle between UMS on and off.
Tested or reported working on:
* Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500, GT-I9505, SGH-I337, SGH-M919)
* Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300, GT-I9305, SPH-L710)
* Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
* Samsung Grand Duos (GT-I9082)
Thanks to d4fseeker and Sakaschi for the methods used to enable UMS.
Internet permissions required for ads.
As of version 2.2, there's a new pro version that has auto-switching. If you have donated before, please contact me and I'll arrange a workaround for you as it's unfair for you to pay twice, thank you :)
* New layout and improved UI.
* Better code handling.
* Basis for new Xposed-powered version that hooks deep into Android.
* Fixed overlapping items when the device is flipped into landscape.
* Now uses RootTools to check BusyBox and root, the app should be more reliable.
* Do some checks to see if the mount point doesn't have an actual block mounted to it (is SD card available?)
* Fallback to first detected block device
* Added untested support for Verizon's Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) (Not working)
* Added ads. Don't like ads? They can be disabled :)
* Handle a few more exceptions in code.
* Attempt to detect if a user does not have BusyBox installed, if so, redirect them to Play Store listing.
* Add non-tested support for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505), might work on other S4s.
* Initial release.
Keywords: Sony, Samsung, Galaxy, USB, Mass, Storage, Enabler
FREE trial version.
The trial version is full functional, but it has a time limit until April 30th, 2014.
This is a Plugin for Total Commander for Android! It works not standalone! DO NOT install if you do not use Total Commander!
This Plugin is for tablets (like the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10) or phones (like Nexus 5) which have an USB OTG connector, but do not mount attached USB Sticks.
Reading from and writing to an attached USB-Stick is possible.
ROOT rights are NOT needed.
FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT formatted sticks can be read and written.
NTFS formatted Sticks can be read.
If you have tested the plugin you can buy the full version or update to the next trial release.
The filemanager Total Commander can be installed from the Play-Store:
Usage is at your own risk.
Do not use it with sticks containing important data.
For more details look at the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de
About the permission "full network access": This is needed to open a local network socket for streaming. The plugin does not connect to the internet.
1. Disconnect your OTG cable when prompted.
2. Connect your OTG cable when prompted.
3. If everything is OK, you will get 4 green check marks. If nothing happens or you get less than 4 green checks, tap More Info (Web) for a description of the problem.
Software can not overcome a hardware limitation. If your device does not support OTG, nothing will happen when you connect the cable. Please do not write a bad review because your hardware does not support OTG! If your device does support OTG and it is not detected by this software, please contact me via the "Email Developer" link.
1. An OTG cable
2. A flash/pen drive, card reader or camera.
USB OTG Checker is tool that can quickly and effectively to fully check and verify your Android device system USB OTG capabilities without Rooted your Android Phone or Tablet.
If your device can support USB OTG, then mean that your device can be use to connect to standard USB input device such as keyboard, external storage, and etc.
USB OTG Checker let you to check,
- Check Device OS on USB OTG: Your device operating system or custom ROM has the USB OTG API?
- Check USB OTG Signal: Your device has load with USB OTG driver or kernel to communicate to the USB OTG Connected device?
- Browse USB OTG Storage: Can you access ( View ) the USB OTG connected External Storage Folder?
** For Advanced Features and Test on USB OTG compatibility, you can refer to USB OTG Checker Pro Version.
*** Feel free to email me any questions and give me suggestion about this tools. I will try to improve the USB OTG Checker tool and fix any bug! Thanks!!
Starting from Android 3.1, applications can use functions of USB host, but many devices have this functionality disabled.
This application checks whether USB Host support is enabled. On rooted devices, an attempt to enable USB support can be performed.
The sole purpose of this app is to determine if your phone/tablet DOES fully support Host USB (REQUIRED to run my aMCA/ExtCam apps).
-OTG support may not be detected correctly on ALL 3952 models of phones/tablets that can run this app; if you find a problem, please send feedback (including snapshot - touch app logo at top-left of screen) to my email address so I can improve this app.
-OTG support cannot be detected reliably on phones running a custom ROM.
-If your phone/tablet CANNOT support Host USB, don't kill (bad rating) the messenger (this app) of bad news.
This is a very simple app to answer the following questions about your Android Phone/Tablet:
1-USB OTG supported?
2-Host USB supported?
3-Host USB authorization file exist?
4-Host USB authorization set correctly?
5-USB Mass Storage supported?
6-USB Memory Stick working?
7-Other USB Mass Storage devices working?
-Make sure you fully charge your Phone/Tablet battery BEFORE running this app for the first time.
-To get ACCURATE results, make sure to completely shut down and power off your Phone/Tablet, wait for 30 seconds, and then power up to reboot; a simple restart does NOT reset ALL error flags correctly.
-Run app to see answers;
-Connect USB memory stick (or any other USB Mass Storage device) then run app to see if it is detected correctly.
If you want to copy or open files, please get the full version.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager allows you to open and copy files from any USB mass storage device with a FAT32 or NTFS filesystem using the USB OTB port of your device, tablet or phone.
With a FAT32 filesystem, you can copy files to any USB mass storage device and manage your files on it (edit filenames, add directories, delete files) too.
You can also manage your files in the internal memory of your device.
This application has been designed for Nexus products which have an USB "OnTheGo" port, as the Nexus 7 2013 and the brand new Nexus 5. But it could work on any device with an USB OTG port Under Androïd 4.0 or later, including the last Androïd 4.4 KitKat.
Root privileges are NOT necessary!
For now, FAT32 filesystem is supported for data read and write, and NTFS filesystem is only supported for data read. You can use USB sticks or SD card readers with any compatible USB OTG cable.
*** FEATURES ***
Nexus USB OTG File Manager allows you to open your files directly from your USB device! You just need to have an app that can handle it. For audio and video, I advise you to use VLC.
The new Network Access authorization is only here for local use to be able to open the files. The app NEVER send or receive data to/from Internet.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager supports devices with multiple logical units (like a GPS with an internal memory and an additionnal SD card) and allows you to choose which logical unit you want to read.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager now includes an "Advanced Mode" which allows you to access to all the files of your device. You can now create files and directories outside of the official Androïd public directories. This is for advanced users only!
This is not an official Google application. Nexus brand is the property of Google.
The CSV export writes to the folder: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/de.dinardo.android.device.manager/files/devices_n.csv
The export format changed slightly, so files exported prior Version 1.1.0 cannot be imported.
The app was made for CM9 users on the Samsung Galaxy S. It is reported to work on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note as well.
It does NOT work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and most likely it will not work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 also.
More from developer
- Change operation mode between Tablet (120 dpi) and Phone (160 or 240 dpi) mode
- Change build description between Allwinner, SGS, SGS II and XOOM for games and applications that think your tablet is not compatible with them
- Change what the physical buttons do, for example you can change the BACK button to VOLUME DOWN, start APP SWITCHER or to start the CAMERA application
This app will let you control some aspects of your Canon V-DSLRs with your Android device. If it has Magic Lantern installed on, then you will also have access controlling some Magic Lantern features.
Currently supported features are:
On bare Canon Firmware
* LiveView support during Movie mode, including LiveView while recording
With ML installed
* Changing any ML menu item
* Canon 60D
* Samsung Galaxy S i9000 phone, running CM9 with USB host kernel
* Teclast P76Ti tablet running ICS
* Android-x86 running ICS in VMWare Player
Check this post for more information: