AIG XLNTdriver is a free to download app that AIG car insurance customers can use to measure their driving. AIG XLNTdriver uses smartphone technology to measure driving performance and provide feedback on safe driving.
As part of your car insurance AIG XLNTdriver is designed to score your individual driving behaviour and help you continue your safe driving habits. It’s particularly ideal for drivers under 35 who are being charged high premiums for their car insurance. In fact, by demonstrating safe driving behaviour, good drivers can make savings of up to 20% off the cost of their car insurance (terms and conditions apply).
How does AIG XLNTdriver work?
1. Download the AIG XLNTdriver app to your smartphone.
2. Enter some details about your AIG car insurance and create your own personal account.
3. Drive your car as you would normally drive.
4. The App will record your journeys and provide you with a score of how well you are driving.
5. Use the App to help improve your driving for each journey.
6. Your overall score is based upon your long term driving habits. This includes your speed, acceleration and braking, cornering, time of day and how long you spend driving on each journey.
Continued use of GPS will drain your battery quicker than normal.
What data is captured by the App?
Personal Information – The information you enter into the App in order to register including Your Email Address, password, Our policy number, Your car registration number.
Following activation of the App, Data* will be captured from Your Mobile Device regarding your driving style. This will include braking, accelerating, cornering, location, distance, route travelled and time of day.
We will encrypt (securely scramble) the Data when this is being transferred from Your Mobile Device.
An electronic Data feed will translate the GPS (location) co-ordinates from the App to a specific location which will provide detail regarding the road type and speed limit of the road You are driving on at any specific time. This information will be used to build up a profile of Your driving.
* Data – the information we collect from Your Mobile Device related to driving behaviour. This includes the time, date, phone status (i.e. in use or being moved) and identity, network state, your location as defined by GPS co-ordinates, the battery state and accelerometer information for each journey where the App has recorded such Data.
For more information please visit the AIG XLNTdriver website.