The 2018 Tire Check app enables the user to test a tires tread depth of any car, truck , van or any auto for free. No need for the penny test anymore. With this easy to use test you can have piece of mind when it comes to your tyres and driver safety. This app may save your life or one of your family's life. At the very least it will get you into a good routine to check your tire's at regular intervals. The king of tire safety.
2 reasons to download the Tire Check App:
1. Easily Test your tires using our unique app
2. See tire reports of previous test
How it works
This app uses opencv this is a graphics library , we take a picture of your tyre and take a cross section of it, what we do is measure the amount of dark ridges on your tyre, the darker the color the more tread depth you have on your tyre, the closer the color matches the surface part of the tyre , the less thread you have. This is our pass/fail break point. So yes we do not measure thread depth per say as in mm , but we can get pretty good results. However you can get false positives if you test non tires.
We have noted that some phones fail out right especially lg phones , however , this is not something we can fix as opencv is not supported on all makes and models under the android ecosystem thus far.
Tire Check Test Setup
1. Aim phone over tire using Red Target square as guidance. Wipe ( cross section ) of tire with cloth to remove any unwanted debris or tire shine if tire is wet.
2. Select which tire you wish to Test.
3. Hold camera steady and select the blue icon, remember there is a sweet spot between tire and phone , this differs for every so test a few times to get calibration.
4. Timer is used when phone is harder to aim at the tire. Just select green icon and you have 10 seconds to adjust your phone over the tire.
5. For best results , tires should be checked under dry conditions.
6. * For wet conditions , please ensure that the wet shine is wiped from the cross section of the tire.
WheelCheck results are only guidelines.
The makers of this app will not be held responsible in any way for any decision you make regarding the result of each test.You should always check with your local tire dealer to validate a tire if you are not sure. Also check tire walls and tire pressure at regular intervals to ALWAYS STAY SAFE.
English, French, Korean, Portuguese ,Russian,Spanish
Please contact us if you wish your language supported
So, let’s get started. Go ahead and download the Tire Check App now. Get your family and friends to use it.
And, if you’re having any issues with our app, please let us know so we can make things right. You can find us at: firstname.lastname@example.org