A highly customizable Android app for Tabata/HIIT practitioners, fitness and sports fans to workout and do their exercises in a guided, automated and timed manner.
Currently, it relies in the concept of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) which allows looping around multiple exercises with fixed rest and workout/training times, like Tabata.
Tabata is a form of HIIT. It initially consisted of one exercise carried out intensively during 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest after it. This exercise was looped 8 times, giving a total of 4 minutes.
It provides the ability for users to define/plan their own (multiple) workouts/trainings by defining lists of exercises and custom timings.
Summary of features:
- HIIT timer;
- Start/pause/stop controls;
- Definition of rest and exercise time;
- Definition of the number of rounds;
- Definition of any number of exercises, with textual descriptions, that form a custom workout/training;
- Text-to-speech engine to read exercises' names to guide users throughout their workouts/trainings;
- Sound alerts: resting; exercising; breath stimulator; workout completed;
- Languages supported: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian;
- No ads;
- Sound, speech and display sleeping mode configurable;
- Ability to export current workout;
- Horizontal layout and Tablet support;
- Customizable sounds;
- Ability to disable the background gradient;
- No special permissions;
- Definition of multiple workouts/trainings for quick selection;
- Free reordering of exercises in each workout/training;
- Definition of warm-up time and round rest time;
- Ability to import previous workouts [WARNING: workouts cannot be imported from Google Drive on some versions of Android];
- Ability to export full list of workouts to several places (to the cloud too) [WARNING: workouts cannot be imported from Google Drive on some versions of Android];
- Setting a loop count for individual exercises (to repeat them individually);
- Ability to individually set exercise and rest times per exercise;
- Countdown sounds (3, 2, 1)!