The SOUL m-OPAC is a companion mobile application for Library automation software SOUL 3.0 which displays consolidated bibliographic data of library. This application will work after configuration of web OPAC URL of respective institution who has already procured SOUL 3.0 .
It provides the search functionalities (simple and advanced) to get the list of items. It allows users with their mobile device to:
- filter the result using facets given for subject, author, publisher, publication year, type of material
- export the records in MARC, MARCXML format, BibText
- bookmark the list and get the print of selected bibliographic records
- add items in favorite list after logging into the application
- search books by different tags like: Title, Author, Publisher, Subject and Keywords
- redirect to web page where ebook is available
- see basic information about the item such as Author, Publishers, publish year, Accession numbers with Series code, ISBN, Call No (Classification Number + Book Number)
- SOUL m-OPAC allows access to registered users as well as unregistered (new users).
This application includes an option for self-registration (if enabled ). Unregistered users can register him/her self through the application which will be approved/rejected by the administrator once details are verified.
NOTE: Institutions must have SOUL Web OPAC configured on internet server to access from outside the campus.