GVK EMRI in association with Government of Gujarat has launched 181 – Abhayam Women Helpline in Gujarat. The helpline has been launched in collaboration with the Women and Child Development and Home Departments.
The 24×7 helpline -181- is a toll-free three digit number to support woman in distress and is directly accessible through any mobile or landline. Any woman can access 181 “Abhayam” helpline for the purpose of information, counseling, guidance, and also for the rescue in various highly threatening situations including domestic violence through dedicated fleet of outreach rescue vans with trained team including police. All the cases reported are tracked for successful closure through a back-office run by Gender Resource Centre of Govt. of Gujarat.
This is a free application highly recommended for women in Gujarat launched by Women and Child Welfare and Home Department, Government of Gujarat.
How to use:
1) Install 181 Abhayam Women Application
2) Follow the registration process and user will get the unique registration id
3) Make sure your device is GPS & GPRS enabled while calling 181 Abhayam women helpline
4) On clicking the 181 logo, the application will fetching user’s current position and
it will call on 181 Abhayam women helpline
6) On calling, user’s current position along with registration id will be transmitted at 181 Abhayam women helpline center where the counsellors will be able to see user’s current position in google maps and on requirement can send nearest Women rescue van