The aims and objectives of the Plan is to minimize the loss of lives and loss of
private and community assets because of natural and manmade disasters –
1. To assess the risks and vulnerabilities associated with various disasters.
2. To develop appropriate disaster prevention and mitigation strategies.
3. To provide clarity on roles and
responsibilities for all
stakeholders concerned with
disaster management so that
disasters may be controlled more
4. To develop and maintain
arrangements for accessing
resources, equipment, supplies and funding in preparation for disasters that might
5. To ensure that arrangements are in place to mobilize the resources and capability
for relief, rehabilitation, reconstruction and recovery from disasters.
6. To create awareness and preparedness and provide advice and training to the
agencies involved in disaster management and to the community.
7. To strengthen the capacities of the community and to establish and maintain
effective systems for responding to disasters.
8. To carry out restoration and rehabilitation measures soon after the disaster strikes.