Aso is a platform for sharing your creations.
Create animations, share them, and interact with those made by others in Aso.
• Aso is free with no ads!
• Aso does not request any unnecessary permissions.
↪ The only permission needed for some users is the storage permission, which allows you to export animations. You do not have to grant it if you do not wish to export any animations.
• Aso has a dark mode! It will turn on automatically in the latest versions of Android, but you can also control it manually.
• Aso uses almost no data to load animations.
• Currently, Aso has the ability to show posts sorted by time, stars, what is currently hot, stars for the current week, different kinds of stars, and also by the time of their latest interaction.
• It allows you to view the remixes of a post or the one it is based on.
• You can view posts created by a specific user or posts created on a particular day.
• Aso has comments for each posts and you can view all of your own comments.
• You can connect your account using your phone number or email. This also backs up your drafts.
Notice about Aso Beta
Expect unfinished functionality in this very early phase of testing.
How to use Aso
• Tap a post to play it, double tap to give it a basic star & tap, and hold to create an editable copy of it.
• The zoom tool in the editor can be used by tapping it and then pinching out on the canvas. Another tap on the icon will reset the view.
• The editor shows the previous frame transparently. You can turn it off by toggling the button next to the grid button. The grid button allows you to show a grid to assist drawing.
• Tap the left chevron at the bottom of each post to expand the stars section if not expanded already, which allows you to give stars to that post.
• If you want to have some beta stars (there are alpha (black, empty stars), beta (blue, half filled), and gamma (purple, filled) stars), you can go to the stars page and tap the plus beta star button once a day for free.
• You can switch to grid view mode any time in the top left corner of every post page (scroll up if you do not see it). In this mode, you can hold or double tap any post to open it.