With over 3,000 parks mapped across the US, the State Park Locator not only shows you how to get to your destination, but provides background info on what makes it so special. Either input your current location or choose a new one to view up to 500 nearby nature preserves to pick from. Still pining for more details? Fear not, brave trekker, because we've included the contact info and website for every state park on the map, making it easy for you to call up a local ranger to request further info on safety, access, and amenities.
The State Parks Locator database continues to improve thanks to you. While the app comes pre-programmed with enough listings to satisfy the most hardcore of naturalists, users are encouraged to submit new parks, reviews, photos, and additional background info (including closures) directly from their mobile device. Just select the “Update or correct information” or “Submit a photo”; your submission will be reviewed for accuracy and added within 48 hours. You can also modify listings by going to www.mapmuse.com/stateparksmap.
This is the official mobile app for Summit Metro Parks. Features include:
• GPS-enabled directions, downloadable maps, restroom locations and more for all 14 of the district’s parks and the multipurpose Bike & Hike Trail, Freedom Trail and its sections of the Towpath Trail
• Brief descriptions of 40 trails, with filters based on difficulty and distance
• A comprehensive calendar of programs and events
• Click-to-call phone numbers for rangers, the administrative offices, the visitors center at F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm and seasonal information
• Locations of birding “hot spots,” landmarks, fishing areas, sled hills and more
• Information about reservable pavilions and shelters
• Alerts, news, and rules and regulations
• Social media links for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
What makes this app unique is its off-line availability. The crisp information which it covers is indicative of what you can achieve on a typical outing to these National Parks. You would find the quick information on the following in this app:
a) State/Union Territory, where it is located
b) Year of Establishment
c) Total Area
d) Known For - Avian fauna, Mammals, Reptiles and Amphibians you can date with :)
You may find this app useful in planning your trip. I hope you will enjoy your tryst with Nature in exploring some of the most exquisite scenic and historic treasures in India.
FOLLOW US and stay in touch to get all the latest information about "Indian National Parks" and other exciting Apps and future updates:
The application has been developed independently by the author without any relationship with the Ministero dell'Ambiente.
This application has the following features:
* Shows the map of SAC areas / parks of Italy.
* Shows the map of SPA areas / parks of Italy.
* Overlay with Google Maps™ Road or Satellite tiles.
* Zoom, Pan.
* Selection of shapes representing different parks by rectangle and point (just press the selection tool button and select one or more municipalities).
* Grid visualization of alphanumerical data for each park.
* Labels indicating names of areas / parks.
"Natural Parks of Italy" is built with the "ItacaMap for Android", a programming framework that enables Java developers to build rich and high performance GIS applications for Android smartphones and tablets.
ItacaMap is basically composed of a custom WMS/WFS server (OGC WMS 1.1.1 compliant) and a number of client libraries and application for different platforms (e.g.: Android, Silverlight, HTML5, Windows 8, etc.).
More information at the developer web site.
• expert-written details on more than 260 unique points of interest (POIs)
• auto touring guide
• GPS-enabled maps that work without a cell/wifi connection and can be custom edited and annotated
• calendar of Ranger-led events
• sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
• photo gallery stocked with high-quality park images
• descriptions of more than 30 hiking trails
• information on museums, restrooms, picnicking, in-park transportation, bicycling, and other in-park activities
• "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (does not work on non-GPS enabled devices such as the iPod Touch)
Other features include:
• Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols.
• Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events.
• Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information.
• Tag your favorite park sights.
• Collect points and earn badges for checking in at parks and points of interest, tagging your favorites, and recording parks you’ve already visited.
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/chimani and Facebook at www.facebook.com/chimani
Android Permissions Request Explanation
*** This app requires an initial Internet connection to download photos (either Wifi or cellular). ****
The two nature parks of the Our and of the Upper Sûre are located in the Ardennes, in the north of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. They are surrounded by two neighboring countries, Germany and Belgium. The aim of the national parks and their member municipalities is to combine environmental protection and nature conservation with sustainable and successful regional economic development.
The region is an excellent holiday destination for lovers of nature and culture as well as for sports enthusiasts. The varied landscape is characterized by vast plateaus and narrow, wild and romantic ravines, carved in the shale by rivers and streams. Both the plateaus and the valleys are home to a variety of valuable biotopes providing habitat for many endangered animal and plant species.
Visit the nature parks while profiting of this user-friendly, lively and multilingual app. It lets you discover this lovely region by foot, mountainbike, Nordic Walking and bicycle. At the same time you may chat with the nature parks, take and submit photos, book your seats on the solar boat, find out about events and enrol at them and more. Enjoy multiple leisure time activities around the water reservoir of the Upper Sûre.
Take a deeper look at the app and discover the hidden gadgets!
This application has specifically been designed to be used in all circumstances, whether you opt for a roaming configuration or not.
English, French, German, Dutch
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.0
- Integrating new Nature Park (Naturpark Öewersauer) with ...
- Additional trips
- Additional news and events
- Multiple new activities around a water reservoir
- Additional exhibitions and museums
- Additional map format (topographic) for all trips
- New, multimedia and theme based trips
- New trip search engine
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.2
- Minor bug fixing
- Performance improvement
- Support Android 2.3 scrolling