You can modify the aquarium so that it fits perfectly to your background by adjusting a bunch of settings like:
- boids count, color, size
- predator color, size, appetite
- background colors
A Boid is a individual within a flock. It adheres to three basic rules:
1. Separation: try to keep a distance from other boids
2. Alignment: try to align speed and direction with other boids
3. Cohesion: try to move towards the center
By applying these simple rules to individuals, the group shows a complex flocking behavior, quite similar to a flock of animals in nature.
This app was developed and tested on a "Samsung Galaxy S" (Android 2.3) and a "Google Nexus 7" (Android 4.1). The default settings work fine for this devices.
If you face performance problems on your device, try to reduce the number of boids in the settings.
- touch events (boids move towards touch position, which is displayed by a rhombus)
- gravity (reacts on tilting the device)
- OpenGL based implementation
- various settings to customize the simulation
- quantity of boids
- intensity of boid rules
- touch and accelerometer
- several presets
- no ads
- no unnecessary permissions
Description of presets:
- Colorful Boids: Balanced default settings showing all major features
- Strong Flocking: High settings for the boid rules
- Gravity rules: Very strong influence of gravity (when tilting the device)
- Chaotic Red: Chaotic behavior (almost no boid rules active)
- Low hardware requirements (few but bigger boids for wasting less cpu power)
- Ultra High Settings (maximum amount of boids for stress testing the cpu)
Tags: live wallpaper, flocking, swarm, simulation, OpenGL
Unfortunately, we don’t have an opportunity to test animated wallpapers on all available smartphones and tablets. So please, inform us in case installation failed on your device.
For those, who don’t know what to do next after installation:
Press and hold on any empty area (free from icons) on your desktop until wallpapers selection menu appears. There you should choose “Live wallpapers” and then “Derpy Wallpaper” on the bottom of the list. And don’t forget to hit “Set Wallpaper”.