300 of the most important and influential multi-wing aircraft rom the dawn of aviation in one app.
Biplanes, Triplanes and Seaplanes contains 300 of the most important and influential multi-wing aircraft from the dawn of aviation until their gradual replacement by monoplanes, and includes the development of seaplanes until their eclipse by carrier-borne aircraft at the end of World War II. Types used in both major wars of the 20th century are listed inside, such as the Sopwith Camel, the Red Baron’s Fokker Triplane, the Fairey Swordfish and the Consolidated Catalina. Popular and famous examples of civil aircraft of the inter-war period like the Tiger Moth and Supermarine S.5 are also included.
Each aircraft featured is illustrated by a full-colour side-profile artwork, and accompanied by a detailed specifications table giving country of origin, type, powerplant, performance, weights, dimensions, and armament where appropriate. All measurements are given in imperial and metric measures. In addition there is accompanying text for each aircraft that summarizes their development and service history.
• 300 biplanes, triplanes and seaplanes featured, each one illustrated by a full-colour artwork
• Full dimensions, weights, performance and armaments provided for each aircraft, all measurements in imperial and metric
• Each aircraft’s development history and career described in full
• Quick search functions by country of origin and manufacturer
• Favorites section
• All data stored offline on your device.
Michael Sharpe is a freelance aviation writer who has written for numerous publications, including The Military Yearbook. He is also the author of Great Air Disasters.