SOURCE - I graduated from The University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia. In 1987, I joined our University Buddhist Society (UNIBUDS). Each Friday night, the Society would invite a guest speaker to conduct a Dharma talk to students. Monks and Nuns from various Buddhist traditions form the basis of such guest speakers. Since 1987, I attended most of these talks, whilst at the same time sparingly written down brief notes of interest to me. It is from such written notes, where I interpret with my own understanding are where the Insights for Dharma Voices comes from.
Application - This Dharma Voices is in Beta stage. So far it consists of three Insights and more will be added gradually. On this app you will find photos taken by me during my trip to Burma (Myanmar) around 1996. There is also a short discourse on the Five Precepts for users to contemplate on. Finally, there are ads predominately books written by my wife and myself. This app was design for tablet and was tested on a Sony Tablet S. It was also tested on a HTC Desire HD. Further functions via available icons are :
(1) Chime Icon - Will ring a Buddhist chime.
(2) Triple Gem Icon - Will play a Theravada chant - Taking the Three Refuge.
(3) Namo Icon - Will play the Namo Amituofo chant.
(4) Scroll Icon - Display an enlightening Dhammavadaka poem.
(5) Dharma Explorer - Randomly takes you to other websites with Dharma related contents.
App Updates - The app had progressively been upgraded to include further Insights, additional functionalities such as a Bell Chime, Chanting and Dharma Explorer.
Contributions Welcome - If you would like to contribute, please feel free to contact me. 3 possible types of contributions are available:
(1) Dharma Insights if you have wisdoms you like to add along with your name displayed in the main right hand section of the app. OR
(1) Via the Dharma Explorer Icon mentioned above. OR
(2) New dedicated graphic banner. OR
Finally - I hope you will find this app of great use, intrigue and enjoyment to you, as much as I enjoyed building this app. May all sentient Beings be Well and Happy!
Questions - If you have any questions, please contact me on 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
However, I'm very proud of myself to develop this application for all buddhism. Thanks, my wife, Khin Lae Win Phyu to give me an idea to develop this application.
DhammaListen is thai application for publish dhamma via mobile. user can listen dhamma from many category.
"To promote Buddha's core teachings and practices in English, with fellowship based on high moral values."
To be the spiritual conduit in the community -- to bring people who are searching for Love and Happiness through the Dhamma.
To promote fellowship and friendship among Buddhists.
1. Salutation to the Triple Gem
2. Homage to the Buddha
3. Recollection of the Buddha the Dhamma and the Sangha
4. The Three Refuges
5. Taking the Five Precepts
6. Transference of Merits
7. Spreading Loving Kindness to all Beings
8. The Eight Victories and Blessing
9. An Invitation to Devas
10. The Victors Cage
Language: Thai & English
* Our latest Dhamma video and audio
* The latest news
* Buddhist wisdom quotes
The app has inbuilt socialisation features, such as sharing via Facebook, G+, e-mail etc. User can also can like /comment on on articles.
Navigation is extremely simple. To access the main menu swipe the screen from the bottom. Use the back button navigate backwards.
To refresh the feeds tap your phone's Menu button. (Bottom left on most models) This will reveal a Refresh option.
To play audio just use the player controls. Choosing the YouTube plugin is the recommended method of watching our videos.
How to install: Home -> Press Menu -> Select Wallpapers -> Select Live Wallpapers -> Select Buddha Live Wallpaper from the list
Gautama Biddha is the primary figure in Buddhism, and accounts of his life, discourses, and monastic rules are believed by Buddhists to have been summarized after his death and memorized by his followers. Various collections of teachings attributed to him were passed down by oral tradition, and first committed to writing about 400 years later. There are Four Noble Truths that were taught by the Buddha. The first pertains to Dukkha or suffering, and states in part that “there is suffering”. The Buddha said “what is the Noble Truth of Suffering? Birth is suffering, aging is suffering, sickness is suffering, dissociation from the loved is suffering, not to get what one wants is suffering: in short the five categories affected by clinging are suffering.”
For questions, comments and suggestions related to "Buddha Live Wallpaper" application please email me at email@example.com Please rate the app if you like it - thanks!
Bodhi Timer is an elegant, minimalist countdown timer. It is designed mainly for use as a meditation timer but can easily be used for any similar purpose.
Set the time via the clock icon in the top left. You may set presets by choosing a time then holding down on one of the three preset buttons.
You may alternatively use speech to set the time by long-pressing the clock button. These behaviours can be swapped via the preference screen.
Pause/resume via the buttons in the bottom left, and stop the timer via the button in the bottom right. The top right button is the preference button.
You may add a timer widget to your desktop via the App Drawer, or on your lockscreen (Android 4.2+).
Animation may be toggled between an image and one of four circle animations, chosen from the preferences screen.
Bodhi Timer is based on the free and open source TeaTimer by Ralph Gootee:
It uses Android's built-in notification system to trigger the alarm, which means it works even when your device is asleep.
- minimalist full screen UI, no clutter
- uses scroll and fling gestures to set the time
- set up to three presets on the time chooser
- add timer widgets to the home screen and lock screen
- option for timer auto-repeating
- displays two animation types: fade in static image (Bodhi leaf) and animated circle
- option to use custom image for fade in
- four themes for the animated circle: three colour themes and a draw in Zen Enso (brush circle)
- includes four meditation timer sounds (Burmese bell, Tibetan singing bowl, and Zen gong)
- option to use any ring tone as timer sound
- option to use custom sound file as timer sound
- vibration and LED blinking options
- free and open source: https://github.com/yuttadhammo/BodhiTimer
timer, countdown, meditation, zazen, sitting, buddhism, buddha, dhamma, dharma, enlightenment, peace, happiness
What is Suffering in Modern life? Work stress, Unhappy relationships, Diseases , Fear and Worries, Discontent
8 Noble path is (right view , right intention , right speech , right action , right livelihood, right effort , right concentration , right mindfulness)
We are so busy in our modern life that, we want somebody to keep helping us day to day to practice 8 noble path in a easy and practical and fun way. This app serves exactly that!
- Video explanation of "Buddhism for beginners" and "noble eight fold path"
- 8 Noble path Test and Test Reports Database
- Your Buddhism Practice status at any point in time in the form of Buddha Dharma Wheel
- Many Buddha Quotes and you can add more
- Dhamma Tips and you can add your own
- Ability to set reminders , so that you can remain focused.
- Share images/status/quotes/tips/test reports via email/facebook...
You can keep in touch @
Tags: 8fold path, Dhamma Test, buddhist wheel of dharma,the wheel of buddhism,buddha and his dhamma,lord buddha teachings,eightfold path explained,gautam buddha principles
More from developer
1) RSS Feed (One spot news reader. Over 250 News Feeds available)
2) xChange Rates (Over 22 currencies exchange rate available)
3) Currency Converter (Exchange Rates Calculation between MMK and Others currency)
4) Browser (Myanmar Font integration with Zirco open source browser engine.
Credit : https://github.com/darvin/zirco-browser)
5) Notes (Simple note creation with Myanmar font. Zawgyi keyboard is available.)
As additional cool features,
- You can able to change chat background from PSChat default image library. There are 30 background images are available to select.
- You can upload any images from your phone camera library.
- Built-in Myanmar Font & Keyboard