In our print edition we share our love of paper by using different types of paper stock, with tabs that you can fold out and use as dividers. And in each issue, we add extra paper goodies such as garlands, stickers, posters and lovely wrapping paper.
Who are we? We are Astrid and Irene, two Dutch magazine makers. A few years ago we were given the chance to create a whole new magazine. We thought it was time for something different. Soon we had so many positive responses from all over the world that we decided to take it international.
You can order our print edition on www.flowmagazine.com/order
★ Syncs with Feedly & Ridly
★ Simple, clean, clear and optimized user interface for both phones and tablets
★ Two reading layouts: Magazine and Classic
★ Two working modes: Online and Offline
★ Cache images for offline reading (optional)
★ 2-way synchronization
★ Auto update (default but optional)
★ Easy to view articles by feeds/tags
★ Mark all as read
★ Subscription management
★ Swipe left/right or using navigation buttons to view previous/next articles
★ Auto mobilize articles to view full content
★ Support both portrait and landscape mode
★ Multiple themes: Dark, Light, Gray, and Blue
★ Image gallery
★ Support listening Podcast feeds
★ Fully customizable: Appearance, Synchronization, Image, Notification...
NOTES: Please contact us by email for bugs report. If you have any idea/suggestion, please post it here: http://readerhd.uservoice.com
We will try all the best to give you a great experience when using our products. Thank you.
Keywords: Reader+, Reader Plus, Reader HD, rss, atom, feed, online, offline, reading, news, blogs, tablet, optimized
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
***2013 Webby Award Nominee***
"Top 25 Best Free Android Apps" - Mashable
“This is the absolute best looking Reddit app around.” –Android Police
“BaconReader Is A Great New Reddit App For Android” –Addictive Tips
BaconReader is tailored to the most experienced redditors and the newest redditors alike, making reddit so simple to use with instant access to news and post links, pics, comments, and everything else reddit.
With features like subreddit grouping, keyword and domain filtering, and immediate picture uploading, you’ve got all things reddit in one easy and delicious place: BaconReader.
Follow us at r/BaconReader for the latest and upcoming BaconReader updates and features.
* Jelly Bean compatibility with expandable notifications and other Jelly Bean features
* Complete tutorial guide to reddit, for new and experienced redditors
* FULL Screen mode
* Tablet optimized design
* Sharp, ICS inspired design, with easier reddit navigation and more sorting options
* Full user profile support
* Color coded comment threads
* Full featured reddit inbox
* Rageface and look of disapproval support
* Easy access to subreddits using the subreddit sidebar with long-press
* Search for new subreddits based on name or keyword and subscribe to them
* Please let us help you with BaconReader or reddit bugs or problems by contacting our support team at email@example.com.
You tailor feedly to your tastes by creating a collection of the sites you love to read - blogs, magazines, journals, and more.
Feedly is an RSS news reader re-imagined for android phones and tablets. It makes browsing faster and more fun: the content of your rss feeds, news sites and blogs are transformed into pocket-sized cards which load very fast and are easy to browse.
The feedly UI is custom tailored for a 4" phone, a 7" tablet and a 10" tablet. If you run feedly on a tablet, you will get an experience which is very close to a personalized magazine: a really fun way to track and read your favorite blogs.
When you run feedly on a phone and on a tablet, the configuration will automatically syncs between both devices.
Feedly makes sharing content on twitter, facebook and google+ very simple, either directly or using Buffer. Feedly also integrates with Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
Search & preview feeds; read offline with images, mobile view, customizable interface.
News reader for RSS/Atom feeds equipped with Feed Search and other great features. Simply search for keywords or site name (e.g. 'sports news' or 'cnn'), tap the result to preview, add and enjoy!
* Feedly Cloud sync ***NEW***
* Read by feed/category/All ***NEW***
* Tablet layout ***NEW***
* Feed Search with Preview will allow you to build your feed library quickly and easily
* Full-screen view with swipe and zoom that can be used as default reading mode
* Supports saving articles to Pocket
* Expandable list allows to read articles without leaving the list as well as read only articles that interest you
* Offline reading with images (configured per feed) ensures that you can read even when not connected
* One-click access to "mobilized" version of article for faster/easier web browsing
* Ability to view article comments and subscribe to comments feeds
* Widgets and shortcuts on home screen
* Resizable widget or pick from one of 3 sizes
* Each widget can be configured to rotate through selected feeds at set interval or manually
* Choose between dark or light theme
* Customizable storage, update frequency, notifications, etc.
* Backup/restore to SD
Note: To use widgets please install the app to internal memory, not SD.
*** If you have a force-close or another bug unique to your device or configuration, PLEASE EMAIL THE DEVELOPER instead of posting in comments. If we cannot reproduce the problem we cannot fix it without your help! Thank you! ***
EasyRSS is an unofficial Google Reader app for Android, aiming at providing the best user experience for users to read and manage Google Reader items.
- Sync with Google Reader
- Image downloading for off-line reading
- Simple swipe between starred/all/unread items
- Manage starred items
- View items by tag or subscription
- State saving & syncing
- Slide up & down to move between items
- Font size adjustment
Note: Google Reader account required
Why permissions android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS and android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS are needed?
EasyRSS need to acquire the Google accounts on your phone, to make it easier for users to log in.
Special thanks to @teki207 and @soyofuki for Spanish and Japanese translation.
- Disable GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1 devises (for it may cause native crash).
- Enabling GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1/4.2 devices.
- UI updates for popup windows.
- Performance improvements when switching between items.
- Fix re-start of the app when orientation changes.
- Fix bug in syncing (unable to sync sometimes).
- GPU acceleration support.
- Spanish support.
- Be able to save image to SD Card.
- Faster scrolling in viewing items.
- Fix bug in syncing when sync failed.
- Be able to change syncing interval.
- Fix several bugs in syncing.
- Faster "mark all as read".
- Be able to copy item to clipboard.
- Syncing plan optimization.
- Auto-hide item menu.
- Be able to choose between built-in and external browsers.
- UI speed up.
- Built-in browser.
- UI speed up.
- Scrolling improvements.
- Reducing view switching waiting time.
- Setting to turn off mark all as read confirmation.
- UI updates.
- In-app image viewing.
- UI performance improvements.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash when syncing.
- Fix crash bug on some Android devises.
- UI improvements, more fluent scrolling and improved menu bar in item reading interface.
- Faster "Mark all as read".
- Showing "1000+" instead of "1000" when there're more than 1000 items.
- Fix a UI issue on ICS machines.
- Dark theme support.
- More sharing options (support sending item content to Google+, etc.)
- Larger font support.
- Turn back to home screen after "mark all as read".
- Fix a bug in "mark previous as read".
- (IMPORTANT) UI update.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash in syncing.
Keywords: RSS, Google Reader, NewsRob, gReader
- Read the latest news
- Articles are formatted for small screens
- Share articles by email, Facebook, Twitter and more...
- Sync with Google Reader
- 1000+ built-in RSS feeds
NOTE: 9th Nov - Feedly service is down. http://blog.feedly.com/2013/11/09/service-not-available-working-on-fix/
You need to register with the services to use this app.
*** D7 Reader Pro (ad-free paid version: faster & less memory footage) is available in the market ***
rss | atom | news | podcast | feedly | the old reader
A simple, fast and powerful RSS client for Android, lets you to access your reading list and manage your subscriptions with ease from a native application, which is always in sync with the chosen reader service. It can also support listening to podcasts or downloading them for later use. Embedded videos cab be watched in-app if the device supports plugins (enable in preferences).
Note: App features are limited to the chosen reader service.
*** This is an online reader; no offline reading is supported except the saved articles and podcasts.
keywords: rss atom podcast feedly google reader news feed subscription share newspaper search podcast facebook twitter google+ old reader
* Simple, functional and fast
* No Lags what so ever
* Supports Feedly cloud, The Old Reader
* Utilizes low network traffic
* Podcast support (download/play)
* Mobilized articles
* Add new subscription directly from the browser
* Search for articles (depends on reader service support)
* Feed discovery and subscription
* Recommended articles (depends on reader service support)
* Theme support (dark/light)
* (Social) Sharing support (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Pocket (RIL), Readability, SMS and more)
* Home (dashboard)
- Quick access links to different sections of the app
- Reading list/Subscriptions/Starred/Read items
- Recommended items
- Feed search
- Saved items
- Account switch
- Clean and friendly subscriptions and labels/tags management
- Add new subscription (Using search or direct add)
- Remove subscription
- Add/Remove labels to/from subscriptions
- Rename label/tag
- Delete a label/tag
- Search for articles in labels/tags and subscriptions
* Articles list
- Articles in a list format
- Filter articles: show all or new items (configure in preferences)
- Add/remove star (use swipe actions, if enabled)
- Mark as read or keep unread
- Mark multiple as read (all, visible or above items)
- Search for articles
- Swipe actions (set in preferences)
- Pocket/Readability support
* Recommended items
- From chosen reader service
- Subscribe to interesting feeds from here
* Article (full) view
- Better mobile readability and user experience (horizontal scrolling is not necessary for most articles)
- Navigate between articles using Nav bar, Swipe or Volume key: set in preferences
- One click add/remove star
- One click Keep-unread/Mark as read
- Share in Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Email or SMS
- Add to Pocket/Readability
- Mobilize original article (powered by Google/Instapaper/Readibility)
- View original article in browser
- Open any internal links within the in-app mobilizer (no need to leave the app)
- Save article (rss or mobilized) for offline reading
- listen to podcasts or download for later use
- Open Youtube videos in Youtube app
- Support for video playback (enable plugins in preferences)
- Full screen mode (PRO only)
* Saved items
- a list of saved (in sd card) articles
- listen to downloaded podcasts
* Home screen Widget
- Shows unread count
- Refresh interval can be configured
- Does not update when the phone is in stand by (save battery power when screen is off)
* Set clear cache on exit (preferences) to save SD card space
* And many more
✔ Double-Tap for instant word meaning
✔ Offline News
✔ Offline Dictionary
✔ Ad-free, faster & smoother
✔ Light and dark themes
✔ Get news from your favourite sites in your favourite language
✔ A Full fledged news reader app like Google Currents, Feedly and Pulse
✔ Double-Tap on a word and lookup in wikipedia
✔ Double-Tap and select multiple lines to translate into another language
✔ RSS feed reader with import and export options
✔ Offline Dictionary support for many popular languages
--> Double-Tap with one finger for Instant word meaning
--> Everything available offline: News + word meaning
--> Beautiful design
--> Get news from your favourite sites in your favourite language
--> Double-Tap on a word and lookup in wikipedia
--> Double-Tap and select multiple lines to translate into another language
--> Light and dark themes
--> Settings to set news update interval
--> A Full fledged news reader app like Google Currents, Feedly and Pulse
--> Offline news
--> Tap the "+" button to add your favourite news feeds
--> RSS feed reader with import and export options
Offline Dictionary support for many popular languages
Get latest news from your favourite feeds. Get offline news in any language. Its a proper news reader app like Google Currents , Feedly and Pulse. The live home screen provides a beautiful experience on the popular android devices. Offline news available with instant word meaning with offline dictionary, subscribe to news in different languages, your favourite articles list etc. With this RSS reader, you can subscribe to any RSS feed to get offline news.
Offline dictionary and instant word definition feature is not available in other popular news readers, RSS readers like Google Currents, Feedly and Pulse.
Once you install the app, the first time you try to double tap on a word in a news article, the application will prompt you to download the english dictionary. Download it and you are set to see instant word meaning even when you don't have internet. Offline dictionary is great. You no longer need internet to read the news articles and to look up dictionary meaning of words you like to know. Best android RSS reader.
Compare this offline news reader app with Google Currents, Feedly, Pulse, Other RSS readers and please provide your valuable feedback. Send any features you would expect to see in the future like instant word meaning feature.
Holo Reader includes FeedPusher (beta), which enables you to add new feeds remotely from any browser. Just log in to your Google Account on https://holoreader.appspot.com and send feeds to your device (has to be enabled in the App first).
To make Holo Reader look great on all kinds of devices it comes with specific layouts for several screen sizes and orientations, including the Nexus 7.
And the best part: Holo Reader is Open Source! If you want to contribute, search for "holoreader" on GitHub or go to https://github.com/hdodenhof/holoreader directly.
* FeedPusher (beta): Easily add feeds to Holo Reader from your desktop computer
* Adding RSS/Atom feeds manually or by browsing to their URL (if compatible)
* Feed discovery (just provide the website's URL instead of the full feed URL to add a feed)
* Browsing feeds
* Reading articles
* Swiping between articles
* Automatic marking of articles as read
* Automatic syncing every four hours
* Manual syncing on demand
* Offline reading (excl. images)
Should you encounter any issues, please consider dropping an eMail instead of giving a bad review right away. Thanks.
Currently News Waver (newswaver.com) is providing service officially for several countries including Australia, Canada, France, India, Korea, New Zealand, Pakistan, Portugal, U.K., U.S., etc.
- Top news items are emphasized by red background color.
You will easy to distinguish what news articles are worth reading.
- You can read and leave comments at each article groups.
You can also connect your Facebook, Twitter account to share your comments directly.
- Provides many news publisher links.
=== U.S. ===
Dallas Morning News
Detroit Free Press
Los Angeles Times
New York Daily News
=== Canada ===
=== U.K. ===
=== Australia ===
=== New Zealand ===
National Business Review
New Zealand Herald
=== India ===
=== Pakistan ===
Supported countries, newspaper publishers, and broadcasting companies are going to be expanded.
It DOES NOT synchronize with any online feed reader yet, if you need synchronization this app is not for you.
- easily add new feeds thanks to the Google News or search feature (you can also subscribe to a new one from the browser via the share feature)
- offline reading including images
- import/export the feed list from OPML
- retrieve the full text of the feed when the content is truncated
- star your favorite entries
- search into your articles
- filter your feed by keywords or regular expressions
- custom widgets
More to come with the next version.
Feedly users: you can export your feeds to OPML at this address (http://cloud.feedly.com/#opml) and then import them into FeedEx News Reader.
GitHub project: https://github.com/HoloAddict/FeedEx