- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
IMPORTANT: You need Text-To-Speech engine and voices installed on your device to use this app. You may use more than one if you want.
* Click "Share" or "Send by Email" button/menu item in any app to send text to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading over speakers or a headset.
* If "Share" is not available, copy text in another app and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
* Option to instantly read aloud text copied to clipboard.
* Open text, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documents or HTML files from Android file system for reading aloud.
* Experimental EPUB format support. It's only for reading aloud, no fancy full featured EPUB reader, e.g. does not show pictures, many more features of a full reader are missing. To try, use "Open" button at the top or on the menu, navigate to a folder with ePub files and open one of them.
* Easily add saved Pocket articles to @Voice reading list - in Read List screen, press Menu - Add articles from Pocket
* Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
* Record spoken articles to sound files - WAV (uncompressed) or OGG (compressed) formats supported.
* Long-press word and/or select a longer phrase to view dictionaries, translations, Wikipedia, Web search and more.
* Dropbox sync! Enable, then build your list on one device, e.g. a tablet, then listen on your phone. Or from your computer, use File/Save As - "HTML only" function in the browser, save to @Voice Dropbox folder, then listen on your phone.
* Easily control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
* Pause/resume speech as needed with wired or Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next/Previous buttons to jump by sentence, long-click the same buttons to switch to the next/previous article on a list.
* Can automatically recognize the language of an article and use appropriate TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with "Select language" menu item.
* Options for additional pause between paragraph, start talking as soon as a new article is loaded or wait for a button press, start/stop talking when wired headset plug is inserted/removed.
* Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
The full Internet access is needed because the “Share” function from web browsers and any news reading apps I tried, sends us only the URL address (http://something...). They do not send the full text of articles, so @Voice has to download the article from the Internet to be able to read it aloud or save for later reading. Only by using Copy text function in one app, and pasting it in @Voice, or by saving the full text in one app to storage and opening a file in @Voice, you could avoid Internet connection, but this is not very convenient. Also - the new Dropbox sync function needs Internet access, of course. There is no way to avoid it.
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
Mobile Accessibility is a screen-access application which allows people who are blind or have low vision to use an Android phone in an intuitive, easy and simple way.
Mobile Accessibility is two products in one:
- It is a suite of 10 accessible applications (Phone, Contacts, SMS, Alarm, Calendar, Email, Web, Where am I, Apps and Settings) which have been especially designed for the blind and visually impaired. They all have a simplified interface whose textual information is spoken using Nuance Vocalizer® voice synthesis or you can connect your Braille display for Braille output.
- It is also a screen reader which allows you to get out of the suite and navigate the standard interface of your phone.
Please note that if you want to use the screen reader functionality of Mobile Accessibility you will need a phone with physical navigational controls such as a trackball or trackpad.
Inside the Mobile Accessibility suite of accessible applications you can do the following:
- Phone: Make calls, answer calls, hear the caller ID and manage your call log.
- Contacts: Manage your contacts, even those from social networks such as Facebook.
- SMS: Compose and read short messages. Manage conversations.
- Alarms: Set your alarms.
- Web: Full web browser experience, similar to what you can find on your PC. Jump by the control of your choice (links, paragraphs, headings, forms, etc.) to navigate faster to the information of your interest. Bookmark your favourite webpages.
- Calendar: Create, edit and delete a calendar entry. View all events per day, week or month.
- Email: Full access to your Gmail account.
- Where am I? : GPS application that gives you updates on your current location.
- Apps: Access the list of apps installed on your Android phone.
- Settings: Change ringtone. Configure feedback and notifications (vibration or audio). Configure keyboard echo, punctuation verbosity, speech pitch and rate, etc.
- Quick access to date and time, phone status information such as battery level and network coverage, number of missed calls and unread messages, etc.
- Touch navigation: You can use Mobile Accessibility not only with the trackball or the physical keyboard of your phone, but also with its touchscreen! Simply move your finger around the screen and the voice synthesis will read the text located under your finger. Or if you prefer, you can also swipe up/down/right/left and tap on the screen to navigate through the interface. And if you wish you can enable sound and vibration feedback.
- Easy to input text: In or outside the Mobile Accessibility suite you can use the touch qwerty keyboard as well as the speech recognition to write text quickly and easily. Imagine writing an SMS or an Email using your voice only... just great!
- Voice synthesis: Code Factory has been making mobile phones accessible to the blind and visually impaired for many years now, and we know that the voice matters... and a lot! For Mobile Accessibility Code Factory has partnered with Nuance® and Vocalizer® is therefore the voice of Mobile Accessibility.
- Mobile Accessibility features advanced Braille support. Logically assigned Braille commands provide uniform functionality across supported Braille devices.
All Android phones from version 2.1 and above are supported. Please note that speech recognition is only supported with version 2.2 and above.
Note that if you want to use the screen reader functionality of Mobile Accessibility you will need a phone with physical navigational controls such as a trackball or trackpad.
To celebrate our latest update, Scan is on sale for a limited time for $1.99 down from $4.99! (over 50% off!)
Scan is the fastest and most user-friendly QR reader and barcode scanner available. If your Android came with a built-in scanner, this would be it. Here is what our reviewers are saying:
“Quick and very reliable. I’d give it six stars if it were possible.”
“No ads, beautiful design, and even caught blurry QR codes I didn’t expect it to scan”
“I’ve saved over $80 by scanning products in the store and finding them cheaper online”
HOW THE APP WORKS
To scan a QR code or barcode simply open the app, point the camera at the code, and you’re done! There is no need to take a photo or press a button. Scan will automatically recognize any code your camera is pointing at.
When scanning a QR code, if the code contains a website URL, you will automatically be taken to the site. If the code just contains text, you'll immediately see it. For other formats such as phone numbers, email addresses, or contact info, you will be prompted to take the appropriate action.
Scan recognizes all of the popular barcode types (UPC, EAN, and ISBN) and shows you pricing, reviews, and more about any products you scan. Barcode scanning requires a newer device in order to work reliably. Cameras on older devices do not provide the resolution or focus required for barcode scanning.
• View a history list and map of all of your past scans
• Sync your scan history across the web and all of your devices
• Toggle your front or rear camera for scanning
• Set a default browser to open websites in
• Scan pictures of QR codes and barcodes from your camera roll
• A switch to turn on your device’s light (if it has one) for scanning in low-light circumstances
DEDICATED TO PERFECTION
Our goal is to make our app the best scanning app in the store. We can’t do this without you. We are dedicated to your satisfaction and need to hear feedback from you. If you have an issue with Scan, please do not write a review of the app saying "it didn't work." This does not help us make things better for you. Instead, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @scan and we'll do our best to help.
In order to use Scan, your device must have a built-in camera. When scanning codes that redirect to online content, such as websites, you will need Internet connectivity.
MAKE YOUR OWN QR CODES ON SCAN.ME
Want to make your own QR codes for others to scan? Visit our site at http://scan.me to create and manage your own QR codes for free.
Update: We recently released a new Wi-Fi QR code type on our site. These new Wi-Fi QR codes allow visitors to your home or business scan a QR code to get easy access to your wireless network.
Debug your apps. Find error stacktraces. See what your phone is saying about you behind your back. It's all there in the system log, aka logcat!
What makes CatLog stand out over similar apps?
* Color-coded tag names
* Easy-to-read column display
* Real-time search
* Recording mode (with widget)
* Save & open from SD card
* Send logs as email or attachment
* Auto-scrolls when at the bottom of the screen (just like tail -f)
* Search autosuggestions & saved filters
* Select parts of logs
* Open-source and ad-free
EBookDroid supports the following ebook and document formats: DjVU, PDF, XPS (OpenXPS), FictionBook (fb2 and fb2.zip), Comics Book formats (cbr and cbz), plus - starting with version 2.0 - EPUB and RTF.
EBookDroid provides flexible font mapping for PDF documents:
- If an external font is found in the same folder with document, this font will be applied.
- Also, user can define a list of directories (/sdcard/fonts by default) where external fonts can be found.
- If an external font in a PDF document has the same family name as one of the font found in these directories, the found font will be applied.
- Otherwise, the appropriate NimbusL font will be used.
EBookDroid 2.0 provides the following extra tools:
- Text selection and external dictionary support.
- Text highlighting
- Free-hand annotations.
- Text notes and page notebooks.
Collaboration with electronic publication sites and access to online ebook catalogs is allowed by the supported OPDS ( [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPDS Open Publication Distribution System) protocol. This is the reason the app is requiring permissions for network access.
EBookDroid allows you to customize the way you read on a per book basis: each document's layout can be tailored to give you the best reading experience and all settings will be remembered the next time you will open it.
Whatever your document, be it a two-faced xerox, a book with wide asymmetric margins or a multi-column article, EBookDroid provides you with features to split pages, automatically or manually crop margins and instantly zoom to a column's content. Please refer to the Wiki section of the developers' website for further instructions on how to use such features (don't forget to read the FAQ).
Should you experience any problems, please report them in the Issues section on the developer's website, at the following address: http://code.google.com/p/ebookdroid/.
If you are having issues with a specific document, don't forget to attach it to your question to the developers.
EbookDroid uses MIME types to handle different file types. Unfortunately, Android's and many other file managers might not support all MIME types. When this happens, you will not be able to open said files directly from the file manager. Some file managers allow you to add new MIME types and associate them with the corresponding file extensions. Refer to your file manager manual to get further instructions on how to do that. All MIME types supported by EBookDroid can be found in the Wiki section of the developer's website.
This application is the best that you need to download.
When application start, it will hide all the menu. So it is really like a mirror.
Easy to use:
1. Press mirror region to show/hide all menu.
2. drag the red seek bar to change screen brightness.
3. drag the pink seek bar to change camera exposure.
You also can take a picture if you wish.
Do not let auto turn off screen when you use Camera.
With a simple button press you select normal mode or night light and sunlight mode!
✓ Night light mode (use this when it is dark)
✓ Sunlight mode (use when it is very bright)
✓ Normal mode
✓ Pause button
Night light mode creates light which is directed towards you so that the mirror (front camera) can see you.
Sunlight mode increases the screen brightness so that when the screen is barely visible, it will be made visible.
- Translated into more than 50 languages!
If you experience any problems with the mirror, please email us!
Find us at:
One of the best document (Pdf, fb2, DJVU, etc.) viewer for Android.
EBook Reader allows you to customize the way you read on a per book basis: each document's layout can be tailored to give you the best reading experience and all settings will be remembered the next time you will open it.
EBook Reader supports the following ebook and document formats:
DjVU, PDF, XPS (OpenXPS), FictionBook (fb2 and fb2.zip), Comics Book formats (cbr and cbz), plus - starting with version 2.0 - EPUB and RTF.
- Bookshelf view
- Recent Books
- Book search results
- File Browser,File navigation
- Search text in book
- Night Mode
- Auto fit your page view
- Links History, back to page
- Search all books (PDF, DjVu) on device
- Scroll pages by finger tap on screen
- Full screen mode
- Light theme and black theme
- Set screen orientation: Portrait, Landscape, Automatic
- Bookmarks on page
- Cut white document borders
- Fixate pages by width, page will not move from right to left
- Book and Page Thumbnails
- Configurable search directories
- Epub3 format support
- User-created collections for sorting your books
- Turn pages with a tap or swipe
- Landscape or portrait orientation is lockable
- Easy navigation inside the book
- Search for text inside books
- Night-reading mode is easy on the eyes
- Adjust font size with a tap
- 3rd-party (imported) book support
- Free classics at your fingertips immediately
- Shop for ebooks within the app
This app is base on EbookDroid code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
If you wanna reuse TTS Engine, 'application' - 'Google TTS Engine' OR 'application' - 'Samsung TTS'
Enabled change of use is possible.
This app not only the connection to the user is responsible.
Only use Samsung smartphones using TouchWiz
- dimming the screen 15-100% (below minimum system brightness)
- screen color and a contrast adjustment
- system brightness 0-100% adjustment
- functional widget (on/off, system brightness, settings)
- autorun option
Some phones have a color tint screen. This app have a possibility to try to improve colors on this kind of the screen by setting an additional factor RGB.*
The range of the dimmer is from 15% to 100% (it allows to dim the screen below a min system brightness value). Make a relief for your eyes during a nightly reading.
Furthermore, you can change fast the system brightness too.
The additional contrast factor can try to make the reading or a picture viewing more comfortable on some screens.*
The widget provides fast on/off service with a shortcuts to the Adjuster settings and the system brightness settings.
The application has the autorun option which works with the dimmer set above 22% (for the safety).
A gamma adjustment is not possible to do.
*The colors and the contrast are done the best as can be, there is no possibility to access to the screen programmatically.
Even so, the app can be useful for some devices and very helpful in the reading or making images more natural on the overcolored screens.
1. You can take a screenshot by touching the shot icon (only support on rooted phones and OS 2.3) or pressing power button and volume down button at the same time, or pressing power button and home button at the same time(on most Samsung phones).
2. You can specify the folders which the screenshots will be saved as images.
3. You can preview the screenshot and decide saving it or discarding it.
4. Croping any part of the screenshot.
5. Drawing on the screenshot.
6. Making mosaics on the screenshot.
7. Inputing custom text on the screenshot.
8. Sharing the screenshot after it’s taken.
By default application is configured to use free Traccar service (address - demo.traccar.org, port - 5005). To see your device on map visit http://demo.traccar.org/ and add IMEI number via web interface.
Traccar (Server) is a free open source server that supports a lot of different protocols and devices. You can use this application with your own hosted instance of Traccar. For more information visit http://www.traccar.org/.
Currently supported models:
1700TL, 2100TL, 3000TL, 3000TLHF, 4000TL, 5000TL, 10000TL
The use of this App has technical limitations because of the conditions while using Bluetooth. These limitations are inherent to the App and have nothing to do with the SMA
Switch on your bluetooth.
Hit the menu button and select 'Settings', then 'Inverters' to list your current inverters.
To add new ones select 'Scan for devices'.
If new ones have been found you can select one of them, enter its password, select the model and click on 'Save'.
Go back to the settings screen to select this new inverter as the current one.
Next hit the menu button and select 'Connect inverter' to begin reading the production data of the current day.
You can use a sideways swipe gesture to access the daily production, total production and lastly a screen with detailed info about the inverter.
Swipe up or down to change the day, week or month.
If your inverter doesn't broadcast itself you can manually enter the inverter info with 'Manual setup'.
Select 'Date' to select the current day. If no values are found the screen will be black and you ought to connect to your inverter.
To switch to another inverter select 'Settings' and choose the one you want.
To be able to export to pvoutput.org go to settings and select 'PVOutput'. Click the 'Add' button to add your pvoutput specific data. Be careful with that api key, it is error prone. Next click save and when going back to the settings screen you must select a current pvoutput system.
I noticed that exporting to pvoutput is unfortunately not allowed beyond 2 weeks in the past. :-/
You can also export the current day to a csv file. I took over the format used by SMA. The files are stored in /Android/data/be.geek.smandroid/files/.
This has been tested with a HTC Desire running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and a SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF-30 inverter.
If you have one of those select '3000TLHF' as model.
Be aware that after a few weeks of daily intake your application's data size can grow considerably. Use the 'Delete' button in the inverter detail screen (or use the 'Clear data' button from app management).
Or use the Delete menu option from the main menu.
You can switch to an alternate view from Settings. Select 'Current view' to choose between a dayly (default), weekly or monthly view.
If you choose a weekly or a monthly view you can now retrieve data from the displayed date range. Be aware that reading an entire month can take a considerable time.
The 'Live' option allows you to read inverter data continuously. Select the current day first (I'll sort it out automatically in a next update). The update interval is specified in Settings by selecting 'Current live delay'.
If you have a pvoutput system it will then export to this.
All the code that communicates with the inverter is originally from:
My java port is here:
Important note for those with problems: this is essentially a java port of sma-bluetooth.
Consider joining the sma-bluetooth mailing list if you're having problems with your type of inverter. If you get helpful answers you can relay them back to me and I'll see what I can do.
Your android device and inverter must first be paired before being allowed to connect. Usually a notification will pop up the first time you try to connect allowing you to enter the pairing password.
Some users have been unable to connect with their HTC Desire HD devices with v2.3.5. I will try to trace the source of this problem.
Apparenly the inverter code for 5000TL-21 is still wrong. Could somebody confirm this?