- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
You don't have to look at the screen anymore.
Open the app for Preferences or add the home widget to enable/disable reading.
The preference dialog has a basic view to quickly change reading options. It also has an advanced view for more personalization.
With the home widget you can quickly switch through the most frequent reading options. Just tap on the widget and it cycles through silent setting, announcing names only and reading out the full text.
By default only the sender/caller name is enabled (for privacy reasons).
Note: this app is distributed as is, I don't have the time anymore to add new features. It's pretty stable though, so it does what you need.
- dimming the screen 15-100% (below minimum system brightness)
- screen color and a contrast adjustment
- system brightness 0-100% adjustment
- functional widget (on/off, system brightness, settings)
- autorun option
Some phones have a color tint screen. This app have a possibility to try to improve colors on this kind of the screen by setting an additional factor RGB.*
The range of the dimmer is from 15% to 100% (it allows to dim the screen below a min system brightness value). Make a relief for your eyes during a nightly reading.
Furthermore, you can change fast the system brightness too.
The additional contrast factor can try to make the reading or a picture viewing more comfortable on some screens.*
The widget provides fast on/off service with a shortcuts to the Adjuster settings and the system brightness settings.
The application has the autorun option which works with the dimmer set above 22% (for the safety).
A gamma adjustment is not possible to do.
*The colors and the contrast are done the best as can be, there is no possibility to access to the screen programmatically.
Even so, the app can be useful for some devices and very helpful in the reading or making images more natural on the overcolored screens.
It's hard to believe but this app can solve these issues by liberating you from the usage of the power button.
It turns automatically your screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table and turn the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go.
HOW TO UNINSTALL?
Use the UNINSTALL button in the app.
HOW IT WORKS
It monitors the orientation of the device through the gravity sensor. When your phone is pointing downward by its top, below a certain angle, it's likely to be out of use. In this situation the proximity sensor is activated to determine if it is covered. If yes, it turns the screen off because probably you placed the phone into your pocket or onto a table. To keep the battery usage low the program turns on the proximity sensor only when it's really necessary. Moreover, when it turns your screen off and the proximity sensor is covered it puts your phone into deep sleep state to save as much energy as possible.
- Pocket Sensor: Recognizes if your phone is in your pocket.
- Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table.
- Turn Screen Off by Proximity: activates the proximity sensor before turning the screen off.
- Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by any movements, for example by lifting up by hand. Usage of the power button can interferes with this option.
- Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on by relying on the small movements you are doing by your hand while holding the phone. If motions are detected while the screen is facing up, it keeps the screen on because it can be suspected that the phone is held and probably you are reading something. If the phone is steady it will turn the screen off normally no matter the position you leave your device. It's especially helpful if your lock key is hard to reach or if the power button is broken.
- Tasker, Llama, Locale supported by plug-in.
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
- Wider range in Table Sensor
- Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
- Exclude Apps option: The app pauses itself anytime if selected app is running, it'll resume when you close the app. Useful when playing games etc.
- Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version, there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion and the Table sensor can be set more precisely. Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has an Exclude App list, a more advanced Delayed lock option and Widgets.
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
On some devices (e.g. HTC One) the alarm clock is switched off by the app after it had gone off! Please check if it's the case for you. If, yes, use a third party app, for example: http://goo.gl/Y55zBZ
Q: I'm experiencing high battery usage, why?
A: The app should use about 6 percent extra energy per day if you are not using too much the Turn Screen On by Motion feature, for example keeping your phone face down when it's on a table. Moreover, the android en-built battery consumption measurement can show much higher results if it's based on a short period of time.
More FAQ : http://goo.gl/D4BgQ5
Another purpose is to check DUAL-IMSI behavior since the app can detect IMSI change automatically.
When the SIM is inserted the IMSI is saved to the phone's memory automatically and then if the first IMSI is switched with the second IMSI or the new SIM is inserted the app will display the pop-up screen to notify that the IMSI is changed.
IDEAL Accessibility Installer is an application designed to make it easy to install IDEAL Group applications that are accessible, useful, educational, and entertaining for everyone... including individuals with print disabilities.
IDEAL Accessibility Installer was conceived of, developed, and is supported by IDEAL Group, Inc. and Apps4Android, Inc.
Please read the following completely before proceeding. Thank you!
Welcome! This application, an IDEAL “Accessible Application Installer,” is designed to make it easy to install IDEAL Group applications that are accessible, useful, educational, and entertaining for everyone... including individuals with print disabilities.
Once you start this application you will see a list of popular IDEAL Group apps. Beneath the description of each app you will either see “Installed” or “Not Installed.” If a listed app is already installed on your device, the word “Installed” will appear. If the app is not currently installed on your device, “Not Installed” will appear. To install any of the “Not Installed” applications, please tap the icon for that app. You will then:
1. See a message indicating that the app you have selected is not installed on your device. You will then be prompted to select “OK” to install the app, or “Cancel” to abort the process.
2. Click “OK.” You will be taken to the Google Play store.
3. Install the app.
4. After the installation has completed, an “Open” and “Cancel” button will appear.
5. PRESS THE BACK BUTTON. This will return you to the list of applications. Please note that the application you just installed will display the words “Installed.”
6. Go back to step 1 and repeat for each, additional, application you'd like to install.
1. If you press the “Open” button (referenced in step 3) after installing an app, it will open. To get back to the list of apps, please press the back button several times.
2. Depending upon the version of Android your device is running, some of the apps may not be compatible with your device. As a result, you may see an error message from Google Play Store. These errors can be safely ignored. If you receive an error message, press the back button to get back to the list of apps.
Makes the screen of your phone white with adjustable intensity and brightness.
New Ad-Free Version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pickle.ReadingLightPro
Also has a sleep timer functionality so you can use it and fall asleep while reading, without worrying about your phone's battery running out. Just select one of the options from the menu!
Very useful to read, find objects in the dark, when you can't turn on the lights, or don't have one handy.
To adjust brightness and intensity, just tap the screen and it rotates through different levels!
To lock the brightness from unintentional taps, use the menu button Lock Brigtness to lock or unlock it.
After you reached the maximum brightness it will rotate back to the lowest level. Just tap until you find a setting that works for you.
Uses include reading in situations where you don't want to bother other people, or looking for things in a dark environment, signaling to other people in the dark, etc!
Have fun with it!
New Ad Free Version Here:
New! Increased brightness in the last levels to the max available in your phone.
This application has been designed for people who are blind.
AT&T Mobile Accessibility is a screen-access application which allows people who are blind or have low vision to use an Android phone in an intuitive, easy and simple way.
AT&T Mobile Accessibility is two products in one:
-It is a suite of 11 accessible applications (Phone, Contacts, SMS, Alarm, Calendar, Email, Web, Where am I, Apps, Music Player and Settings) which have been especially designed for the blind and visually impaired. They all have a simplified interface whose textual information is spoken using Nuance Vocalizer® voice synthesis or or you can connect your Braille display for Braille output.
-It is also a screen reader which allows you to get out of the suite and navigate the standard interface of your phone.
Please note that if you want to use the screen reader functionality of AT&T Mobile Accessibility you will need a phone with physical navigational controls such as a trackball or trackpad.
Inside the AT&T Mobile Accessibility suite of accessible applications you can do the following:
- Phone: Make calls, answer calls, hear the caller ID and manage your call log.
- Contacts: Manage your contacts
- SMS: Compose and read short messages. Manage conversations.
- Alarms: Set your alarms.
- Web: Full web browser experience, similar to what you can find on your PC. Jump by the control of your choice (links, paragraphs, headings, forms, etc.) to navigate faster to the information of your interest. Bookmark your favourite webpages.
- Calendar: Create, edit and delete a calendar entry. View all events per day, week or month.
- Email: Full access to your Gmail account.
- Where am I? : GPS application that gives you updates on your current location.
- Apps: Access the list of apps installed on your Android phone.
- Music Player: plays audio files and lists all music audio content automatically on the phone and storage card.
- Settings: Change ringtone. Configure feedback and notifications (vibration or audio). Configure keyboard echo, punctuation verbosity, speech pitch and rate, etc.
- Quick access to date and time, phone status information such as battery level and network coverage, number of missed calls and unread messages, etc.
- Touch navigation: You can use AT&T Mobile Accessibility not only with the trackball or the physical keyboard of your phone, but also with its touchscreen! Simply move your finger around the screen and the voice synthesis will read the text located under your finger. Or if you prefer, you can also swipe up/down/right/left and tap on the screen to navigate through the interface. And if you wish you can enable sound and vibration feedback.
- Easy to input text: With AT&T Mobile Accessibility suite you can use the touch qwerty keyboard as well as the speech recognition to write text quickly and easily. Imagine writing an SMS or an Email using your voice only... just great!
- Voice synthesis: Code Factory has been making mobile phones accessible to the blind and visually impaired for many years now, and we know that the voice matters... and a lot! For AT&T Mobile Accessibility Code Factory has partnered with Nuance® and Vocalizer® is therefore the voice of AT&T Mobile Accessibility.
- AT&T Mobile Accessibility features advanced Braille support. Logically assigned Braille commands provide uniform functionality across supported Braille devices.
All Android phones from version 2.1 and above are supported. Please note that speech recognition is only supported with version 2.2 and above.
Hardware video magnifier devices cost a great deal of money, so to widen the availability of this highly useful technology we have released it as an app, for free.
In this case free means totally free, no advertising, and it will always be totally free.
Performance is highly dependent on your device – if you have a higher quality camera and processor you have then the images will be sharper and it will run more smoothly.
This the initial public release, a key feature of this app is its simplicity so we aren’t planning on adding extra features. Further development will be bug fixing, performance improvements and enhancing the existing functionality, by for example adding screen-reader support.
If you find this useful then please let us know!
232 Studios & Ian Hamilton
KNOWN ISSUES WITH:
We will be releasing an update that will resolve these issues shortly.
Remember that you have to press the search button or tap the screen to focus the camera. Otherwise you might find the view blurry.
Search button - Focus
Menu button - Torch
Volume buttons - Zoom
Single tap on screen - Focus
Double tap on screen - Torch
Screen scroll (up and down) - Zoom
Debug your apps. Find error stacktraces. See what your phone is saying about you behind your back. It's all there in the system log, aka logcat!
What makes CatLog stand out over similar apps?
* Color-coded tag names
* Easy-to-read column display
* Real-time search
* Recording mode (with widget)
* Save & open from SD card
* Send logs as email or attachment
* Auto-scrolls when at the bottom of the screen (just like tail -f)
* Search autosuggestions & saved filters
* Select parts of logs
* Open-source and ad-free
YES. It supports ENGLISH and ARABIC Language, Images, and other media.
YES. For ARABIC users, it provides RTL Orientation and Arabic UI.
PDF Reader uses user-friendly PDF viewer that renders Adobe PDF documents with high fidelity, and supports document outlines, user bookmarks. It supports text search and highlights search results on screen.
PDF Reader provides facility of bookmarks which:
Remembers your last page
Add personal bookmarks
Navigate with document outline
It provides following advanced User Interface features:
Double tap to fit to screen width (great on tablets!)
Continuous page view for easy scrolling
Support for encrypted/password protected files
Our PDF reader / PDF viewer works on all Android devices 2.1 or higher by which you can:
1. Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF file
2. Quickly navigate through large files using thumbnails
3. Easily pinch zooms in on text or images for a closer view
4. Navigate through pages just by tapping and by using document outline.
In order to keep the app 100% free, its ad supported and may contain ads . The required permissions are just for ads. Thanks for your support.
Go to settings menu to select different options.
Portrait and landscape orientations supported.
Tags: text, speech, engine , pico , svox , ivona, voice, pronunciation, language, speak, voice engine , dictate , dictation.
If you wanna reuse TTS Engine, 'application' - 'Google TTS Engine' OR 'application' - 'Samsung TTS'
Enabled change of use is possible.
This app not only the connection to the user is responsible.
Only use Samsung smartphones using TouchWiz
Instructions: To Add Widget Do: Menu->Add->Widgets->Kindle Shortcut from the home screen.
Notice that your phone needs to have Kindle app installed and a SD card to make it works.
And feel free to send me feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org