- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
You don't have to look at the screen anymore.
Open the app for Preferences or add the home widget to enable/disable reading.
The preference dialog has a basic view to quickly change reading options. It also has an advanced view for more personalization.
With the home widget you can quickly switch through the most frequent reading options. Just tap on the widget and it cycles through silent setting, announcing names only and reading out the full text.
By default only the sender/caller name is enabled (for privacy reasons).
Note: this app is distributed as is, I don't have the time anymore to add new features. It's pretty stable though, so it does what you need.
- dimming the screen 15-100% (below minimum system brightness)
- screen color and a contrast adjustment
- system brightness 0-100% adjustment
- functional widget (on/off, system brightness, settings)
- autorun option
Some phones have a color tint screen. This app have a possibility to try to improve colors on this kind of the screen by setting an additional factor RGB.*
The range of the dimmer is from 15% to 100% (it allows to dim the screen below a min system brightness value). Make a relief for your eyes during a nightly reading.
Furthermore, you can change fast the system brightness too.
The additional contrast factor can try to make the reading or a picture viewing more comfortable on some screens.*
The widget provides fast on/off service with a shortcuts to the Adjuster settings and the system brightness settings.
The application has the autorun option which works with the dimmer set above 22% (for the safety).
A gamma adjustment is not possible to do.
*The colors and the contrast are done the best as can be, there is no possibility to access to the screen programmatically.
Even so, the app can be useful for some devices and very helpful in the reading or making images more natural on the overcolored screens.
1) Open App you like (e.g Google Reader)
2) Drag down status bar menu, select Google Reader in the menu list
That's it !
Your Google Reader will keep screen on without timeout until you exit the App or intentionally switch to other screen, then service will treated as you are finish reading and smartly revert back to default sleep mode timeout in order to save power consumption.
That's a second layer monitoring feature to smartly prevent power consumption when screen keeping on if user was leaving after finish reading and forgotten to exit the App :
1) Service will auto dim screen after 20 minutes
2) If user has action within 10 minutes then screen revert bright and never timeout till explicitly exit the App, otherwise service will treated as user was leaving and revert to default sleep mode.
It's free and enjoy.
Give us a great comment and rating if it improved your phone experience.
Also visit our social fans page, 'LIKE' it or '+1' for latest updates.
Thanks for support !
Makes the screen of your phone white with adjustable intensity and brightness.
New Ad-Free Version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pickle.ReadingLightPro
Also has a sleep timer functionality so you can use it and fall asleep while reading, without worrying about your phone's battery running out. Just select one of the options from the menu!
Very useful to read, find objects in the dark, when you can't turn on the lights, or don't have one handy.
To adjust brightness and intensity, just tap the screen and it rotates through different levels!
To lock the brightness from unintentional taps, use the menu button Lock Brigtness to lock or unlock it.
After you reached the maximum brightness it will rotate back to the lowest level. Just tap until you find a setting that works for you.
Uses include reading in situations where you don't want to bother other people, or looking for things in a dark environment, signaling to other people in the dark, etc!
Have fun with it!
New Ad Free Version Here:
New! Increased brightness in the last levels to the max available in your phone.
This app turns automatically your screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table and turn the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go. It's also helpful if you have a broken power button or it's just hard to press.
HOW TO UNINSTALL?
Use the UNINSTALL button in the app.
HOW IT WORKS
It monitors the orientation of the device through the gravity sensor. When your phone is pointing downward by its top, below a certain angle, it's likely to be out of use. In this situation the proximity sensor is activated to determine if it is covered. If yes, it turns the screen off because probably you placed the phone into your pocket or onto a table. To keep the battery usage low the program turns on the proximity sensor only when it's really necessary. Moreover, when it turns your screen off and the proximity sensor is covered it puts your phone into deep sleep state to save as much energy as possible.
- Pocket Sensor: Recognizes if your phone is in your pocket.
- Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table.
- Turn Screen Off by Proximity: activates the proximity sensor before turning the screen off.
- Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by any movements, for example by lifting up by hand.
- Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on by relying on the small movements you are doing by your hand while holding the phone. If motions are detected while the screen is facing up, it keeps the screen on because it can be suspected that the phone is held and probably you are reading something. If the phone is steady it will turn the screen off normally no matter the position you leave your device.
- Exclude Apps option: The app pauses itself anytime if selected app is running, it'll resume when you close the app. Useful when playing games etc.
- Tasker, Llama, Locale supported by plug-in.
- Widgets, PowerToggle plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version, there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion and the Table sensor can be set more precisely. Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has an Exclude App list, a more advanced Delayed lock option and Widgets.
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
On some devices (e.g. HTC One) the alarm clock is switched off by the app after it had gone off! Please check if it's the case for you. If, yes, use a third party app, for example: http://goo.gl/Y55zBZ
Q: Does not turn the screen always off when I put my phone into my pocket, why?
A:The proximity sensor not always accurate. It can fail recognizing some materials specially if they are very close to it. If it happens to you often, you can activate the False Turn-On Protection feature which effectively reduces the number of accidental wake-ups by keeping the screen off even if the proximity sensor fails.
Q: I'm experiencing high battery usage, why?
A: The app should use about 6 percent extra energy per day if you are not using too much the Turn Screen On by Motion feature, for example keeping your phone face down when it's on a table. Moreover, the android en-built battery consumption measurement can show much higher results if it's based on a short period of time.
More FAQ : http://goo.gl/D4BgQ5
• Set individual rules for Apps (e.g. screen always on, app specific timeout ...) similiar to "Screen On" and "KeepScreen"
• Set a position in that the screen will always stay on (via Accelerometer)
• If its dark screen goes out (e.g. if you put your phone into your pocket) (via light sensor)
• Wake up device (the screen automatically turns on when you put your device out of your pocket)
• Screen lock widget (click on it and your screen gets locked) like "screen Off and Lock"
• Set an app specific display brightness
• No Ads!
• Set an individual global screen timout time (e.g. 42 seconds)
• Dock functions: choose if the screen should stay on when you are using a dock (e.g. desk dock)
• Display filter: saves battery life for AMOLED displays and great for eBook reading
• Info HUD: shows always the state of the accelerometer, CPU, light sensor and active app rules
• Backup/Restore your settings
• Set app specific brightness of the display
• Light Sensor
• Extended Notifications and display filter
• Widget designs
• Wake up device
• and much more...
So please support us and the further development of this app by buying the pro version (In-App purchase), Thanks!
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Is used for the backup functionality.
It's easy to handle the screen timeout via app specific rules, the accelerometer position, the light sensor or individual dock settings. You will be always informed about the screen timeout via the system HUD. Lock your screen easily with the screen lock widget.
"... making the app the only place you need to go for adjusting screen timeout." - addictivetips.com
"Manage your screen light, smartly" - androidzoom.com
We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions.
Hardware video magnifier devices cost a great deal of money, so to widen the availability of this highly useful technology we have released it as an app, for free.
In this case free means totally free, no advertising, and it will always be totally free.
Performance is highly dependent on your device – if you have a higher quality camera and processor you have then the images will be sharper and it will run more smoothly.
This the initial public release, a key feature of this app is its simplicity so we aren’t planning on adding extra features. Further development will be bug fixing, performance improvements and enhancing the existing functionality, by for example adding screen-reader support.
If you find this useful then please let us know!
232 Studios & Ian Hamilton
KNOWN ISSUES WITH:
We will be releasing an update that will resolve these issues shortly.
Works great while reading articles in web browsers, email, or any app you specify. You'll no longer need to worry about touching the screen to prevent the screen from sleeping, dimming or timing out.
If you have any issues or have a feature suggestion please email:
androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com
You can show your patriotism and pride of your country.
Let the national flag of Canada adorn as your phone Screen flashlight.
This is your national flag screen flashlight, which is bright enough for daily use. You can use it as your primary flashlight option in case your device doesn’t have a camera flashlight or you want to save the battery.
It will be useful when you are walking or reading something at night, so your national flag will give you the brightness.
This application has another function.
Simply press the center of blue line on the flag to hear "The national anthem of the Russian Federation".
You can use it in sport competitions such as Olympic games, World Cup or International Competitions.
Thank you. ^^
Keyword : screen, flashlight, national flag, Russia, Russian, Olympic, Game, World cup, Football, Soccer, international competition, The national anthem of the Russian Federation, national anthem
To open a file you can entry the url or select one from your SD Card.
GPX files supported:
- GPX 1.0
- GPX 1.1
When you open the file a summary screen is shown with the following information:
- Version gpx file
- Date added
- Program that created the route
- Routes and track
- TrackSegments and TrackPoints of each route
For each route or route segment display will show the points that form. You can also display the points on a map and see the route navigation.
You can generate some statistics for each track, showing the elevation graph of the route, distance, max.elevation ...
Prevents screen from turning off when preselected applications are active. Will be useful when browsing, reading mail, etc...
Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
Debug your apps. Find error stacktraces. See what your phone is saying about you behind your back. It's all there in the system log, aka logcat!
What makes CatLog stand out over similar apps?
* Color-coded tag names
* Easy-to-read column display
* Real-time search
* Recording mode (with widget)
* Save & open from SD card
* Send logs as email or attachment
* Auto-scrolls when at the bottom of the screen (just like tail -f)
* Search autosuggestions & saved filters
* Select parts of logs
* Open-source and ad-free