Pocket Sampler is a low-latency application that lets you trigger and play audio samples with 20 different buttons. Buttons are organized inside of 6 pages and that gives you ability to load 120 different sounds at once. It’s mostly used by DJs live on stages to trigger the samples, but Pocket Sampler can be used in variety of different cases (for example triggering sounds in the film industry). It’s based on custom audio engine that provides the lag-free sample playback. This audio engine can be turned off in the settings if you have any problems with the playback. Every single button is customizable and has its own settings. For example, you can set the color, highlight color, title, and play mode for each button.
There are two different play modes:
- Click to Play (plays the sample when the button is clicked)
- Hold to Play (plays the sample while the button is being pressed)
Each button has its own gestures too, they can be customized and you can tweak the gesture sensibility.
Swiping the button up opens its settings, swiping down activates the loop, swiping left stops the playback and swiping right toggles the playback (play/pause).
To load a sample just hold the button for a second or two and it will open a list with all the available audio samples on your device. Note that you can use the folder explorer too.
Pocket Sampler supports MP3, WAV and AAC sound files.
You are also able to download free samples throughout the application using the download option.
Some of the features:
- Lag free playback using the custom audio engine
- Custom gestures for each button
- Custom settings for each sample player (volume, loop…)
- Six pages that give you ability to load 120 samples at once
- Different themes
- Sound recording using microphone
- Different play modes
- Full UI customizability
- Downloading samples from the online database
- Ability to switch between audio engines
- Unlimited projects
- Landscape mode supported
- Feedback option with the guaranteed response within 24 hours.