Calculate cable sizes by selecting from the pre set options, fast and easy.
Cable Size Calculator Domestic calculates circuit cable sizes for PVC/PVC Flat twin and earth cables for all common domestic installation methods.
Great for designing new circuits or for checking existing circuits for compliances.
+ PVC/PVC Flat twin & earth cable sizes
+ Calculates Maximum Permitted Zs
+ Checks the Maximum Permitted Zs value with the calculated Zs value.
+ Calculates r1 + r2
+ Calculates Volt Drop
+ Checks the calculated Volt Drop against the Maximum permitted Volt Drop
+ Calculates the tabulated current (It)
Also Applies any relevant correction factors depending on your selections i.e. Thermal Insulation (Ci), BS 3036 Fuses (Cc), Grouping (Cg), Ambient Temperature (Ci) automatically.
A perfect electrical calculator app for the domestic installer or professional electrician, Chief, Foreman, electrical engineer, estimater, designer...
Compliant with NEC 2014, 2011, 2008, 2005 and 2002, and future updates are FREE!
Visit our website for more details: http://www.ElectricianCalculator.com/
Forget about complicated key combinations normally required for NEC calculators! With this app you'll be able to perform the following calculations in a straightforward way:
• Voltage Drop
All voltage drop calculations use NEC chapter 9 table 8 values (either stranded or unstranded), and ambient temperature is taken into consideration as per NEC chapter 9 table 8 FPN 2.
• Find voltage drop (in volts and percentage).
• Find the maximum cable length given a required voltage drop and wire gauge (for single and three phase circuits).
• Find the minimum wire gauge given a required voltage drop and distance (for single and three phase circuits).
Ampacity calculations use NEC tables 310.16 and 310.17 to find maximum ampacity or minimum wire gauge. The correction factor for temperature is used in these calculations.
• Find the minimum wire gauge given an amps value and ambient temperature (can specify if it will be in a raceway or free air).
• Find the maximum ampacity of a cable given its gauge, the ambient temperature, and if it is in a raceway or free air.
• Conduit sizing and conduit fill
Conduit and cable diameters are obtained from the tables in NEC chapter 9. Maximum fill percentages are obtained from NEC chapter 9 table 1.
• Find the minimum size conduit given the gauge and number of cables.
- Can specify the following conduit types: EMT, ENT, FMC, IMC, LFNB, LFNA, RMC, PVC-80, PVC-40 / HDPE, PVC-A, PVC-EB.
- Can specify the following insulation types: THHN, THWN, THWN-2, THW, THHW, THW-2, TW, XHH, XHHW, XHHW-2, RHH, RHW, RHW-2.
• Find the maximum amount of cables that can be used, given conduit size and type, and cable gauge and insulation.
• Motor full load current
Motor full load current values are obtained from NEC tables 430-247, 430-248, 430-250 in chapter 9.
• Find the motor full current load for DC motors, single phase, squirrel cage, wound rotor, and synchronous electrical motors from 1/4HP to 200 HP.
• Grounding conductor
Find the grounding conductor for service entrances and equipment, as per NEC tables 250-66 and 250-122.
• Capacitor KVARs
Find the capacitor KVARs that must be connected to the system in order to correct low power factors caused by inductive loads.
• Power cost
Estimate the financial cost of running a specific load. You enter your KWH rate, the load in KW, and the hours spent with the load connected, and the calculator will return the cost. You can select your own currency from the Preferences section.
The app preferences will allow you to choose to enter Values can be entered in Feet or Meters, Celsius or Fahrenheit. You can also select to use copper or aluminum cables by default, and select to use stranded or unstranded cables. You can select to use this app in English, Spanish, Italian, French, or German!
If you are not 100% satisfied with this calculator please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can answer your question or comment before posting any negative reviews. We are constantly providing updates and adding new functionality. Planned updates include bend radius calculations, circuit breaker selection, SI units and more.
Note: This product is not associated with Electrician Talk, Calculated Industries, ElectriCalc, ElectriCalc Pro, nor with Electrical Calc Elite. NEC is a registered trademark of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Electrical apps, electric apps.
- Basic construction calculator allows you to easily divide rooms for lighting in imperial or metric measurements.
- Calculate any single motor and get maximum overcurrent, maximum overload, minimum wire, minimum pipe, and minimum bond wire size.
- Calculate any transformer size and get KVA, FLA, pipe size, fuse and breaker size, bond size and ground size, on both primary and secondary. Easily choke down the transformer and get appropriate results for the modified demand load.
- Calculate the allowable ampacity of any wire type and deration situation.
- Calculate maximum number of similar sized wires in a given pipe size.
- Calculate box fill of any box and any situation.
- Calculate pipe size required for a list of any number, size, and type of wire.
- Calculate required ground and bonding sizes.
- Easily calculate complicated voltage drop calculations. Get results for percentage voltage drop as well as maximum lengths of runs. Derating is also supported. Support for wire sizes from #24awg to 2000mcm.
- Calculate minimum burial depths for any situation including special situations including mechanical protection, under slab, and rock encased.
- Calculate recommeneded torque settings for all varieties of lugs and terminations.
- Convert many common units.
- Find NEMA codes and specs of receptacles.
- Easily access in app support with quick links to your phone's email.
Compliant with 2011, 2008, 2005, 2002, and 1999 NEC®
Updateable Electrical Code Calculator. An in-app purchase will be made available for future NEC code updates.
Great for Electrical Contractors, Designers, Engineers, Electricians, Maintenance Inspectors, Planners, Builders, and Lighting Specialists. The Electrical Calc Elite™ allows you to solve code-related problems quickly and accurately...the most common National Electric Code tables are now at your fingertips!
• Wires Sizes
• Voltage Drop on Wires
• Conduit Sizing
• Ohm's Law
• Kirchhoff's Law
• Motor Full-Load Amps
• Power Factor and Motor Efficiency
• Fuse and Breaker Sizes
• Service and Equipment Grounding Sizes
• Electrical Unit conversion
• Parallel Resistance
• Circular MILs Wire
• NEMA starter size
• NEC® references for calculations
Description of Calculations
• Convert between Amps, Watts, Volts, VA, kVA, kW, PF%, Efficiency%, and DC Resistance.
• Ohm's Law Calculations: enter any two values (ohms, volts, or amps) to solve for the third.
• Calculate required wire size per NEC® tables 310-16 and 310-17; Copper or Aluminum, 3ø or 1ø, 60°C, 75°C, 90°C insulation ratings and 100% or 125% of ampacity. Adjust wire sizes for ambient temperatures other than 30°C and for more than three wires in a raceway.
• Calculate Voltage drop: Find minimum VD wire size, maximum length for any given wire size to stay within specificed VD, drop percentage, actual number and percentage of Volts dropped.
• Conduit sizing for 12 types of conduit per NEC®: Find recommended size of conduit for combinations of #THW, #XHHW, and #THHN wires. Also calculates fill percentages, conduit cross-sectional areas, remaining areas and more.
• Find Motor Full-Load current per current NEC®: Works in 1ø or 3ø, synchronous and DC motors per NEC® 430-247, 430-248, and 430-250.
• Calculate Fuse and Breaker Sizes per NEC® 430-52.
• Parallel and derated wire sizing
• Calculate parallel resistance
• NEC Table number displays when performing wire size calculations
• Sizes overload protection per NEC® 430-32.
• Finds NEMA starter sizes per ICS 2-1988 (Tables 2-327-1 and 2-327-2).
• Calculates service and equipment grounding conductor sizes per NEC® 250-122 and 250-66.
• Convert between BTU and Kilowatts per Hour
• Circular MILs calculated for wire sizes
• Works as a standard math or electric calculator
• Quick and easy updates to future NEC® code revisions
Visit our website: http://www.cyberprodigy.com/electricalcalcelite/ for more information including our detailed user's manual.
If you are not 100% satisfied with this calculator please email us at email@example.com so we can make things right before posting any negative reviews. We are also open to any suggestions you may have for future enhancements to this electric calculator. Please note that any download and Google Checkout issues are directly involved with Google Play and should contact them for assistance.
Electrical Calc Elite™ is not associated with ElectriCalc® Pro and Cyberprodigy LLC is not affiliated with Calculated Industries, Inc.
Estimate voltage drop by inputting the wire material and gauge, voltage and phase and the ampere load. The resulting information provides the voltage drop as well as the load at the end of the circuit . Additionally, the percentage of voltage drop and the CMA of the conductor are also represented.
You can calculate conduit fill using varying sizes and types of conductors, including bare wire and compact conductors. Adjust the sizes of your conduit or tubing on the fly and add or remove conductors to see real-time calculated updates. Find where you are impacted most with detailed area consumption for each group of conductors.
As you add and remove conductors, the app automatically calculates the permitted fill rates from the 2011 NEC, keeping you within code. Allowable fill rates adjust automatically for differences in conductor count and for conduit or tubing lengths of 24” or less.
• Quickly adjust your conduit or tubing type or size
• Add conductors of varying types and sizes to calculate fill rates
• See real-time updates to allowable fill as you make selections
• Adjusts allowable fill rates for conduit or tubing lengths 24" or less
• Includes compact and bare wire conductors
• Improved controls with tablet layout
How to Use:
1. Move the selection wheels to choose the quantity, type, and size of conductor
2. Tap the "Add to Conduit / Tubing" button for each conductor you want to track
3. Select the type and size of conduit or tubing
4. Check the graph for fill rates to determine any remaining space or overfill
5. Change the size or type of your conduit or tubing, or update conductor sizes, types, or quantities, if needed
• Use the minus icon to remove 1 conductor at a time from a group
• Tap and hold minus icon to remove any group of conductors
• Choose the “Clear All” button to empty the entire conduit or tubing
• Select conduit or tubing and conductors first to view available sizes; wheels and menus update automatically
The app provides quick and easy navigation. Enter the Conduit Type and Size and specify your conductors. The App will calculate the Conduit Fill % as per NEC Guidelines.
Southwire Company is North America’s leading manufacturer of wire and cable used in the distribution transmission of electricity. Throughout its history, our company has sought to deliver power through our products, our service and by helping empower our customers, employees and communities.
The App Answers the question, “What size conduit do I use” includes fill percentages and jam probability per the NEC®. With one click, you can email your results.
It could be supported with any operation system.(Windows, Mac OS, Linux . etc)
You may choose any folder that you want to access.
There is no limitation for the size of the file that you wanted to upload or download
Multiple user supported.
Password protection supported.
tags: wifi file transfer, wifi file manager, file transfer, file copy
More from developer
+ Wire Gauge sizing
+ Parallel Conductors wire sizing
+ Conduit Fill sizes your conduit for any combination of wires
+ Transformer sizing (kVA)
+ Motor horsepower and amps
+ RJ45 Ethernet plug wiring
+ Std. wire colors, wire insulation types, thermocouples
+ NEMA Plugs, locking and non-locking
+ Ohm's Law
+ Voltage Drop in wires over a distance
Please share your ideas for additional functions at our website.