Navigate yourself with your Garmin watch on a whole new level! Connect it with Locus Map, one of the best outdoor navigation apps for Android. Enjoy route planning on a big screen of a smartphone and show maps (even on most non-map devices), navigate, track your activities or even play geocaching with Garmin.
With Locus Map for Garmin you can
1) use it as main activity application which enables you:
-- display real-time data from Locus Map running on your smartphone in your Garmin:
---- MAPS incl. any overlays (no need for native map support of Garmin device!)
---- TRACK RECORDING
---- DEVICE STATUS (battery, GPS.. )
-- record activities, provide their statistics and store them on Garmin Connect
-- see map stored on your Garmin device (on supported devices)
2) EXPORT ROUTES from your smartphone to your Garmin to navigate them with other activity apps (on devices supporting navigation features)
DEVICES COMPATIBILITY & QUICK SETUP & USER GUIDE & FAQ & TROUBLESHOOTING
After installation, the app runs in a “Preview mode”. Full-featured Premium version can be purchased in Locus Store (within Locus Map app) for about 4 EUR. You can test all main features compatible with your Garmin before purchase to see whether the app behaves correctly with your Android phone and Garmin combination.
By unlocking Premium mode, you will get:
- removed Preview Mode overlays
- no Preview mode splash screen
- vibration alerts before navigation events
- dynamic screen manager (hides unused screens etc.)
- and more
To use the app, you must install:
- this Android communication app, through which you can install all rest. After the initial setup, you don’t need to open this application again as it runs in the background when required.
- Locus Map outdoor navigation app (either Free or Pro - doesn't matter for usage with Garmin)
- Locus Map for Garmin Connect IQ app ( https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/f15dd655-e734-456e-b8f5-314d287df4a4 )
Get help, write your ideas or please let us just know what you think!