Compact, easy to use application which allows users find next bus departures at stops quickly and easily. Live predictions are given when available and buses can be tracked in real time. Recently viewed stops are automatically saved for easy reuse and favorite stops can be bookmarked with a single tap. Transit provider schedules can also be browsed.
At the time of writing supported regions include:
• United States: MTA Maryland in Baltimore and MBTA in Boston.
• Canada: York Region Transport (YRT/Viva) in Greater Toronto and the City of Thunder Bay.
• United Kingdom: NWM in the West Midlands which covers Birmingam, Coventry, Stoke, Wolverhampton and Derby. Almost 90 agencies are supported including National Express, Diamond bus, Travel de Courcy and igo.
• Ireland: All major transport providers are supported. This includes Irish Rail, Bus Eireann, Dublin Bus, Go Ahead and Luas.
In YourStop, users can find stops using three distinct methods. There is a detailed stop search facility and a capability to browse all of a transit providers stops on a map. Perhaps most useful though, is the "Locate the Nearest Stops" button which a user sees when they first launch the app. This marks all stop within half a mile of the user on a map. If there are less than 20, the next closest are shown.
A useful feature is a destination drop down box which appears when viewing departures for a stop. This lists all stops in alphabetical order that can be reached from this stop without changing bus or train. When a destination in the drop down list is selected, departures which do not stop at this destination are filtered out. All remaining departures will stop at the destination and the time at the destination shown.
Destination drop down combines well with live ride where you can follow your bus or train on the google trip map after it leaves your stop. The destination stop is clearly marked in a different color and you can easily see where you are in relation to it.
• Quickly find stops near you and display them alongside your location on a google map
• When available, real time predictions are displayed and automatically updated
• When available, your bus or train location is updated in real time on both a trip diagram and trip google map
• Powerful text based stop search facility
• All stops in a transit providers network can be browsed on a map
• Listings for a stop can be filtered by destination and the destination arrival time displayed
• Recently viewed stops are automatically saved and favorite stops can be bookmarked
• Live ride facility allows you to see exactly where you are when on a bus or train
• Service alerts shown when available
• More than 15 cities, hundreds of towns and 50,000 stops supported worldwide. Growing all the time