The magazine is a comprehensive handbook to numerous Managing heads, Directors, CEOs, Technical Heads, Marketing/Purchase/Sales Managers, Analysts and other key decision makers at various business groups in the metal, mining, research, financial services, infrastructure and other related sectors.
Our February 2013 issue ’13 Things to Watch’ had talked about Stemcor (as a new player to watch), Hot Billet Charging Technology, Depreciating Rupee, Shah Commission’s Report on illegal mining, NMDC (as a company) among other events/things as highlights for the gone-by year. Most of these remained in headlines in 2013. On similar lines, the current issue talks of 10 events/activities to watch for in the New Year. From Pellet industry to HBI imports to Raghuram Rajan, we have tried to collate a list of watchful events/ personalities of 2014. Both Iron ore & Pellet are hot & eventful areas of discussion and are likely to play instrumental role in growth of India’s Steel industry. Sultans of South (SoS) in its second edition has covered another visionary, Mr. Basant Poddar, Managing Director of Mineral Enterprises Limited (MEL). MEL’s operations began in 1920; is a pioneer in the industry focused on mining, trading & exports of Iron ore & Manganese ore and logistics & infrastructure development. Read about Mr. Poddar and his feats in the mining sector over the last couple of decades on page 10. 2014 seems quite an active year especially excitement building towards the Lok Sabha elections which experts think will be a life changing event for many. The increasing indulgence of common man in scripting the rules of governance is changing the face of the game altogether.
With this New Year issue, we have launched an interview series namely ‘Sultans of South’ with an aim to feature leaders of large size secondary manufacturers/miners/traders in the Iron & Steel sector of South India. The series which may run over the next 6 to 8 issues focuseson flashback of the featured personality; his/her journey of achievements & missteps. In this issue, we have featured Mr. GL Kothari, Chairman, Kamachi Group from Tamil Nadu. The Kothari family hails from Rajasthan and they started with Scrap trading in 1978 in Chennai. In a span of over 30 years, the conglomerate has become an INR 20 billion group focused on Iron & Steel manufacturing and trading. They are big, humble and prepared for the race. Enjoy the read on page 22. There are quite a few other engaging articles namely EC for mining 15 MnT to Serajuddin Mines of Odisha (Pg 04), Uncertainty in Pig iron Exports (Pg 12), Opportunities in Flat Steel Industry (Pg 20) and many others.
The Melting Indian Sponge Iron Industry - Our December cover story looks at the Indian Sponge iron industry with an aim to understand its current condition and sustainability in short to medium term. The Indian Sponge iron industry is passing through turbulent times owing to a variety of factors right from poor raw material availability to weak off-take in the finish market. Our team headed by G....
So that no need to work on any type of spreadsheets, tables or charts to determine weight and dimensions of your tube / pipe / bar requirements.
Tools inside HMTL Metal Calc:
• Tube Weight
• Nominal Pipe Weight
• Tube / Pipe Calculator
• BAR Calculator
• FINISH Size Planning
• RM Size Planning
• Chemical Composition with Search Facility
While the developers of this application make every effort to deliver high quality products, we do not guarantee that our products are free from defects or errors. Our software is provided “as is," and you use the software at your own risk. We recommend that you seek the advice of a certified professional before drawing any conclusions from any calculations generated from the software.
Heavy Metal & Tubes, Tubes, Pipes, Metal, Steel, Seamless, Welded, Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Hot Finish Seamless Carbon & Alloy Steel Tubes/Pipes, Cold Finish Seamless Carbon & Alloy Steel Tubes/Pipes, Cold Drawn Stainless Steel Seamless & Welded Tubes/Pipes, U Tubes, Bright Annealed Tubes, Rifle Tubes, Boilers, Structural Tubes, OCTG, API, Bearing, Casing, Upsetting, Threaded Tubes, Drill Pipes, Drill Tubes, Calculator, Well Known Tube/Pipe Maker under the Indian Boiler Regulations' 1950, ISO, 9001:2008, 14000:2004, OHSAS, 18001: 2007, ADW, AD 200 WO, PED, Fuel Injection Tubes, Instrumentation Tubes, Hydraulic Tubes, Heat Exchanger, Heat Exchanger Tubes, Handbook, Bars
Find out the services and news about the event thanks to the Made in Steel app, through which you can easily and quickly organize your visit at the event and which will give you the opportunity to:
• Obtain all the necessary “housekeeping” information to organize your day at Made in Steel: prices, exhibition opening hours and maps of the halls;
• Check the list of exhibitors;
• Search for the locations of exhibitors and about their activity;
• Fix on the map of the halls your “favourite” exhibitors and organize your visit at the exhibition;
• Be informed on the agenda of conferences and events that will be held during Made in Steel, also by means of specific alerts.
Download Made in Steel and organize your visit! We are looking forward to seeing you!
The most up to date steel news is now only a tap away with the new Steel News app from Steel Reality.
Global news is provided as it happens for the steel market. This app also includes access to the latest global iron ore news as well as coal news.
New additions include a stock quote viewer, simply input your favorite stock quote for the latest price. Also, the latest update now has access to the headlines from top industry media.
This is news you typically see tweeted and reported on tommorrow!
Some of the new features of the “Metal Reference Book” include easy conversion from Imperial to Metric in the Beam section, a pipe versus tube explanation in the convenient Pipe section, a new Special Fabricated Products chapter including our Bollards, Boss Ballet Barres, Boss Safety Railing and Boss Corner Guards, as well as the full range of EuroKlemp Modular pipe/tube connectors.
When further assistance is needed, our professional sales and services staff is readily available to handle any inquiries you may have. Also, be sure to visit our website at www.bossteel.com to get a visual on all our products and services as well as the full story on what Boss Steel can do for you and/or your company. When other statistical information is required to aid in your calculations or conversions between imperial and metric products, please refer to the Statistical Information section of this book/app for other helpful data.
It is our hope that this Metal Reference Book and the new app versions will be helpful to you and your customers!
This Metal Reference Book and the related apps have been created with the purpose of providing information to you the customer. However, there are sizes and items listed in this book that may not be available. This is a reference book only, not a stock list. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained herein is accurate and factual and that all numerical values are correct at the time of publishing, Boss Steel Ltd. makes no guarantees to that effect and assumes no liability whatsoever.
The World Steel Bridge Symposium (WSBS) brings together bridge design engineers, construction professionals, academicians, transportation officials, fabricators, erectors and constructors to discuss and learn state-of the-art practices for enhancing steel bridge design, fabrication and construction techniques.
Keywords: Steel, Bridge, Fabricators, Erectors, detailers, structural steel, structural, networking, AISC
‘The quality of entries received is higher than ever,’ said Melker Jernberg, chairman of the jury and head of SSAB EMEA. ‘The prize makes a tangible contribution to an increasing number of companies around the world developing new, innovative products that can do more, function better, weigh less and possess better environmental properties.
• The Steel and Concrete Estimator estimates and provides the quantities of structural steel by weight category, quantities of structural concrete and reinforcement for slabs, columns, beams and footings for the construction of a wide range of industrial structures (heavy industrial, medium industrial and light industrial).
• Users can perform complex estimations in a matter of minutes and cut time and cost by 90% when compared to the conventional estimating methods .
• Estimated results are in metric and imperial (US) units.
• Users have the ability to email the results including a complete breakdown of material quantities.
Notes from the Developer:
1. The Steel and Concrete Estimator is for heavy, medium and light industrial structures and can be used to estimate steel, concrete and reinforcement quantities for slabs, columns, beams and footings. For a description of structure types, please see our User Manual that is included in the download or visit our website at www.pemi2.com.
2. The Steel and Concrete Estimator provides total quantity of steel and a breakdown by steel weight type, the quantities of concrete and reinforcement needed for the construction of heavy industrial, medium and light industrial structures. The estimated results including the breakdown of quantities can be emailed for future reference.
3. Please visit our website at www.pemi2.com for complete descriptions and features of all of our estimator applications.
4. If you like the Steel and Concrete Estimator, please let us know by posting a comment in the marketplace. Otherwise, please email us at email@example.com with your issues/concerns and recommendations so we can make our application better.
m = Pi * ro * S * (D - S) * L
Mass of rectangular and square pipes is calculated according to the interpolational formula. Node points are masses of pipes according to the State Standard 8645-68 /Steel rectangular pipes/ and State Standard 8639-82 /Steel square pipes/. Mass of pipes with standard proportions corresponds to State Standard. If the proportions of a pipe are not standard the following formula is used (according to the Rosov N. Reference-book. Massofonemetreofapipe. M. Metallurgy, 1966):
HEARTLAND is more than just a name - it's a mindset. Our offices have been located in America's heartland since we opened our doors in January, 1999. We have mid-American values.
We custom-order every building we sell. You don't conform to our needs; we conform to yours. We recognize you are the expert regarding your 'space' needs. Our job is to help you understand how your needs affect design and overall project pricing. Our combined industry experience of 25+ years will help you get the most building for your money.
- Read testimonials from our customers
- Get a free quote
- Receive exclusive mobile coupons
- Gain instant access to our blog and helpful information
- View our building types & services
We firmly believe a well-educated consumer makes for the best customer. Whether you are an engineer or a parent trying to help a child with homework, let MLP provide you with useful information at the click of a button. In addition to our capabilities, here you will find useful formulas, conversion factors and definitions to enhance your knowledge base. Let us be your trusted partner.