UTA tracker also includes the ability to download route schedules.
UTA tracker allows you to define alerts for UTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
UTA's buses and trains report their locations every 15 seconds (Flex routes are not included).
TRAX and FrontRunner route numbers:
Blue line - 701
Red line - 703
Green line - 704
FrontRunner - 750
- Put in a route number and see all vehicles on that route, put in a stop number to see all buses serving that stop, or put in an individual vehicle number (printed inside and on the back of UTA buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any UTA route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus/train is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for UTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a UTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by UTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by UTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using UTA's buses and trains.
- On the share vehicle screen, enter your vehicle's number and tap the share button. This will let you send to a friend a message with a URL that will show them the progress of your vehicle in real time. The URL will open in UTA tracker if they have the app installed; it will open in any browser if they don't.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of UTA vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for UTA alerts.
Read more about UTA's monitoring API here:
This is not an official UTA app; I am not affiliated with UTA in any way.
★Google Play Picks★
★NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner★
★Awarded Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO★
★Editor's Choice - PCMag★
Transit works in most large North American cities and select cities in Europe (see list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions!)*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease (includes all transit modes – bus, subway, metro, uber, car2go, train, streetcar, light rail, and ferry).
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite your most important routes.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map.
- Find and reserve nearby car2go's
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
*Wherever real-time info is available.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
See below for a PARTIAL list of supported agencies and cities (full list: http://transitapp.com/regions)
Ann Arbor: The Ride, UM Transit, ArborBike
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*, B-cycle
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Denver: RTD, B-cycle
Grand Rapids: The Rapid*
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit
Kansas City: KCATA
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, OCTA, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*
Madison: Metro*, B-cycle
Miami: MDT, BCT, Citi Bike
Milwaukee: MCTS*, Bublr Bikes
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
Nashville: MTA & RTA
New Orleans: NORTA*
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, Citi Bike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
Sacramento: SRT, Roseville
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Antonio: VIA
San Diego: MTS, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SF MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Area Bike Share
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
Montréal: STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, Hamilton Street Railway(HSR)*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto Bike Share
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain*
Victoria: BC Transit
*Uses real-time for some or all routes (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, Next Bus in Boston, etc)
A great replacement for the discontinued HopStop app!
Users can easily see individual bus routes or view the entire system at once. Bus location can be tracked so that passengers can make informed transit decisions. The days of getting to a bus stop only to find out that the bus has just left are over. Know where your bus is and don’t waste time worrying where the bus is and when it will arrive again.
- Real-time bus tracking via AVL systems
- Specific bus routes and stop locations
- Alerts or announcements regarding transit system
- Bus schedule links (if provided)
- Feedback loops via BusBuzz or other correspondences
- Traffic status of the streets
- Standard or satellite map views
Download this App to see StreetEagle Live GPS Tracking in action!
For StreetEagle customers,
download this app and login with your existing StreetEagle username and password.
- View real-time location and status of your vehicle(s)
- View history map of complete vehicle activity, including starts, parks, stops, and in transit events
- Vehicle history replay control
- Map entire fleet using standard, satellite or hybrid mapping
- Vehicle Control: ping, lock/unlock door, enable/disable ignition, and start vehicle
- Follow any vehicle in your fleet with real-time updates
- Preferences for map refresh rates from 30, 60 or 120 seconds
- Color coded vehicle icons to indicated current status
StreetEagle Customer Support
StreetEagle Utility allows workers to scan asset barcodes to quickly pull up their information. It also allows them to tag a scan with a specific action (ie. Serviced, Inspected, Cleaned, etc.). The way StreetEagle Utility works, we read the device's current location and time which later gets associated with the asset scanned. Supervisors can later see asset information from our desktop solution. They can also run a report showing all history for a specific asset/set of assets.
This product works with our StreetEagle desktop solution. Please make sure you have an account set-up before using the application.
The application uses the Barcode Scanner for the scanning portion of this app. We may not be able to address Issues/requests related to the scanning.