With AMOLED power-saving screens in mind, this is a fully blacked-out Chess game which doesn't eat up your battery, device memory or require any permissions! It only weighs in at around 500 kilobytes compressed, the size of one selfie taken on most Android phones.
• 400KB on download on Android 4; 635KB on Android 5; around 1MB total once installed
• Ad-free, tracking/statistic free, and distraction free (that means no 'rate us now!' or 'download this!' barriers)
• Zero permissions required
• All-black background reduces strain on eyes at night and saves battery by completely turning off about 80% of display pixels on all Galaxy devices & newer flagship phones
• Easy, medium, and hard AI levels
• User can switch sides on the chess board when desired
• Notification/status bar is not hidden during gameplay
Should work on all devices of any screen size, layout is dynamic and supports landscape mode. If that's not the case for you, just uninstall it within 15 minutes and Play Store refunds you fully. Then shoot me an e-mail and we'll get it fixed!
Actually tested devices:
• Galaxy S4, S5, Note 2, Note 4, S4 Mini
• Galaxy Reverb
• LG G3
• HTC One M7
• Moto G
• Dell Venue 8 Tablet (Android x86 / Intel Processor)
• Sometimes game doesn't realize a checkmate has occurred and will allow further moves. As of right now, an option is to either keep moving your pieces around to trigger the checkmate or just go ahead and start the new game manually.
All icons are designed by Freepik from www.flaticon.com and is licensed by Creative Commons BY 3.0