ION is a light show for your desk, dorm room, or living room. It responds to music, can be controlled via your phone, and brightens your day. This is the Android remote control app for ION.
ION's magic comes from 40 multicolor LEDs. Each of which can display a color independent of the others. Around these LEDs is a durable acrylic tube, which contains light diffusing film. This smooths out the harshness of the light, while also allowing for the mixing of colors.
ION loves music as much as you do. With a built in microphone, ION syncs up with your favorite songs and puts on a show. In music mode, each song you play has a unique “color profile” generated on the fly.
Why do we require the permissions that we do?
• ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Allows us to check if there is an active Internet connection for requesting firmware and weather updates
• INTERNET - Used to download new firmware for your ION and provide weather data
• RECEIVE_SMS - Used to detect if a text message was received (message details are NEVER read)
• READ_PHONE_STATE - Used to detect an incoming or missed call (call details are NEVER read)
• RECEIVE_MMS - Used to detect if an MMS message was received (message details are NEVER read)
• ADD_VOICEMAIL - Used to detect if a new voicemail is available (voicemail details NEVER read)
• BLUETOOTH - Allows the app to connect to ION
• BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - Allows the app to check if Bluetooth is enabled
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - If enabled in settings, allows the app to autoconnect to ION when your phone or tablet is powered on
• WAKE_LOCK - Keeps the app awake long enough to discover nearby IONs or provide weather updates
• ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - Used to determine ION's location for accurate weather condition updates