Introduction to Business is designed to meet the scope and sequence requirements of foundational business courses. The app presents business principles and emerging trends in fields including management, leadership, production, marketing, and finance.
Through this content, students will acquire the knowledge, skills, and competencies to prepare for the competitive workplace.
Coverage and scope
Introduction to Business covers the scope and sequence of most introductory business courses.
The app provides detailed explanations in the context of core themes such as ethics, entrepreneurship, customer satisfaction, global business, and managing change. Introduction to Business includes hundreds of current business examples from a range of industries, geographic locations, and featuring a variety of individuals.
The outcome is a balanced approach to the theory and application of business concepts, with attention to the knowledge and skills necessary for student success in this course and beyond.
- Study progress
- 17 Study units
- 152 Lessons
- 128 Flashcards
- 577 Glossaries
1. Understanding Economic Systems and Business
2. Making Ethical Decisions and Managing a Socially Responsible Business
3. Competing in the Global Marketplace4
4. Forms of Business Ownership
5. Entrepreneurship: Starting and Managing Your Own Business
6. Management and Leadership in Today's Organizations
7. Designing Organizational Structures
8. Managing Human Resources and Labor Relations
9. Motivating Employees
10. Achieving World-Class Operations Management
11. Creating Products and Pricing Strategies to Meet Customers' Needs
12. Distributing and Promoting Products and Services
13. Using Technology to Manage Information
14. Using Financial Information and Accounting
15. Understanding Money and Financial Institutions
16. Understanding Financial Management and Securities Markets
17. Your Career in Business