History of Jewish Construction and Architectural Activity in Thessaloniki
Jewish-owned commercial use buildings accommodating stores, offices and workshops (1922-1930)
The application presents 125 buildings, all of which were built by Jewish owners during the reconstruction of Thessaloniki in the aftermath of the Great Fire of 1917.
The buildings were intended strictly for commercial use and did not accommodate any residences and they were located at Thessaloniki’s commercial center.
The application was developed as deliverable of the “History of Jewish Construction and Architectural Activity in Thessaloniki” project, implemented by the Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki with the support of Rothschild Foundation (Hanadiv) Europe.