BlueUp is a IoT company providing devices and solutions based on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons technology.
BlueBeacon Manager App is the configuration and management app for BlueBeacon-series BLE beacons running second-generation firmware (version 5.0 or higher). BlueUp firmware version 5.0 is the first BLE-beacon firmware worldwide to offer support, at the same time, of the following technologies: iBeacon (released by Apple), Eddystone (released by Google, with full support of new Eddystone specifications, including configuration GATT and Eddystone-EID), Quuppa (released by Quuppa, a location technology with sub-meter accuracy).
BlueBeacon Manager App allows to configure up to 8 slots for the different packet frames, with the following features:
- up to 4 slots for Eddystone frame packets: URL, UID, TLM, EID;
- up to 4 slots for additional packets, including iBeacon, Quuppa and Sensors, a proprietary frame-packet for sensor data advertising;
Each slot is independently configurable with its own transmission power and advertsing interval.
Multiple frames of the same type are allowed (e.g., up to 4 different iBeacon frames or Eddystone-URL frames).
Additional functionalities are:
- selection of connectable/non-connectable mode;
- selection of anonymouos mode;
- setting of a time interval for advertising (with start/stop hour);
- setting operating mode depending on beacon position (only for BlueBeacon Tag);
- resetting to factory configuration;
- change of password.
BlueBeacon-series beacons offers state-of-art security features, including:
- support for Eddystone-EID encrypted and time-rotating packet frame;
- encrypted transmission of lock/unlock password.
For beacons configured with Eddystone-EID frame, it is required to register the beacon with Google Proximity Beacon API.
Notes for RELEASE version (ver. 1.0.0 and above)
1. App has been succesfully tested on: Samsung S5 (Android 5.0), Samsung S6 (Android 6.0), Huawey P9 lite (Android 6.0), Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Android 6.0), Motorola Moto E (Android 6.0), Nexus 6P (Android 7.1).
2. Issues (beacons not detected) has been encountered on some devices with Android 7.0.