With the release of the WinGPS Marine series, Stentec offers mobile navigation to every one in water sports with an Android tablet or smartphone. Not only for sailing or power boats, but also for sloops, canoes, renters, charterers, divers, sport fishers and crew.
The Plus version is the most complete navigation app of the WinGPS marine series. Designed for maximumum safety, usability and reliability on board. Ideal as back-up or as independent navigation system. Meant to be WIFI connected to your board system, plotter or navigation laptop with Stentec's WinGPS 5 Pro or Voyager.
• Accurate navigation on high quality charts with almost exact buoy positions.
• Very user-friendly way to create and edit routes and waypoints (on screen).
• Worldwide beautiful weather images animated from GRIB-files.
• Stream and wind predictions from Grib.us, NOAA, Norwegian Weather service, BSH.
• Optimal safety connected to a WIFI AIS transponder.
• Preventing collision is easy thanks to the relative speed vectors of all the AIS ships around you.
Free NLTides 2015 for the Dutch tidal waters. Free Stentec World chart (download)
• North-up tracking mode. Re-position the GPS-cursor for an optimal chart view.
• Reads accurate DKW2-charts from Stentec, UKHO, BSH, Imray, Delius Klasing and OpenStreetMap.
• Through PC also (NOAA) BSB and scanned charts using DKW Builder.
• Meteo & Tidals options to display GRIB-files and NLTides.
• Timeline to display the past (tracks) and future (routes, GRIB-files and tides).
• Advanced data plotter to display GRIB-files, NLTides and NMEA data.
• Reads NMEA messages from your GPS, AIS, wind, depth, log and compass through WIFI or Bluetooth.
• Easily manage tracks, charts, routes and waypoints.
• AIS target list with quick search option for AIS ships and target information.
OpenStreetMap only works online, but you can download a free world chart for offline use.
Navigation charts for WinGPS Marine apps can be purchased as app in the Google Play™ store or in our online shop on www.stentec.com. A license code allows activation on 3 differents sytems (2 official and one spare). This means you can install the same chart set on your tablet, smartphone and laptop/PC.
Charts purchased at Google Play™ need to be registrated in app to a Stentec user account. Charts purchased at www.stentec.com are registrated already. For downloading charts in WinGPS Marine Plus first login with your uw user account and password. Starting up the Plus app, updates all purchased charts automatically (if online updates are available).
We are very interested in your experiences with this app and your suggestions so that we can use it to improve this app. We prefer that you send an e-mail to email@example.com.
"It is a great app to discover new ports, now I know exactly where there are visitor berths, good facilities or interrestings things to do and see - I enjoy my boating trips so much more"
Daniel, casual skipper
• 200 Ports
• Lake Geneva and the 3 lakes region, Lake Constance (Swiss side), Lake Zurich
• 500+ professional photos, description, facilities and detailed search
• Air temperature
• Wind information
• UV index
• Check out the lakes live!
• Water rescue, storm signal and weather alert information.
Note: all Navionics Boating apps have the same features. The difference between Navionics Boating free version and the other titles is that the free version allows you to experience the app’s functionality before you make the decision to purchase charts.
IMPORTANT: This app is optimized to run on tablets and will not run on phones.
Navionics charts are available In-App from Menu> Charts & Upgrades (see below). Once purchased, they are downloaded to the device and stored for easy access whether or not your device is connected to internet!
TRACKS, ROUTES & DISTANCE
Record and view your tracks: Create and edit routes based on cruising speed and fuel consumption. Measure distance.
Add markers to selected locations.
Check wind predictions anytime and sun/moon cycles.
Overlay: Google Maps, Bing or Terrain. Select Safety Depth and switch to Easy View. Not available on Govt. Charts.
SYNC MY DATA
Automatically sync your Tracks, Routes & Markers and Photos among all your mobile devices.
Geotagged photos appear on the map.
Email, Tweet or FB your routes, tracks, photos or markers!
MAGAZINES & GUIDES
Download free articles from the world’s leading marine publications.
Marine & Lakes charts for US provide “ready to navigate” maps.
CHARTS & UPGRADES
√ Tap Menu> Charts & Upgrades to select charts from our global catalog. Charts are offered in the fully-comprehensive, all-in-one Navionics+ package, including Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™, Community Edits, plus 1 year of Chart Updates. SonarCharts™ is an HD bathymetry map featuring extraordinary bottom contour detail great for increasing awareness of shallow waters and locating fishing areas at any depth level. Community Edits are inputs made by users and shared for all to benefit: rocks, wrecks, obstructions, buoys, etc. Also use the Search feature to access the largest database of marine POIs or lat/long for Marina, Marine Repair, etc. View dynamic Tides & Currents where ebb/flow and height are shown for tides and direction and speed for currents, then tap for access to forecasts and graphs. Free Trial before purchase! Check coverage at navionics.com.
√ Nav Module offers more advanced route planning with ETA, distance to arrival, heading to WP, fuel consumption and more!
√Advanced Map Options allows you to Highlight Shallow Areas, select Depth Shading, filter Depth Contours, adjust shorelines to selected Water Level, view Seabed composition (available for select US HD lakes, Portugal, France and North of Corsica) and toggle Fishing Mode to locate key fishing areas. Enjoy a FREE trial after you purchase a chart.
√ SonarPhone enables a fishfinder split-screen you can see on your Nautical Charts and SonarCharts™. The SonarPhone T-BOX equipment necessary can be purchased from within the app.
IMPORTANT: Navionics has certified the following Android tablets with an OS of 4.0 or higher: ACER: Iconia Tab A501; Asus: eeePad Transformer TF101, Transformer Pad Infinity-TF700T; Nexus 7 (Gen 1&2); HTC: Nexus 9. MOTOROLA: Xoom MZ604; NAVIOTAB. SAMSUNG: Galaxy Tab 10.1' GT-P7500, Note 10.1. ALL SALES ARE FINAL on Google Play. Navionics apps are designed to load and operate correctly with all tablets with an Operating System of 4.0 or higher. We cannot guarantee flawless operation on non-certified Android devices. Navionics does not support any non-certified Android devices. Please check our App Description or go to Navionics.com for an up to date list of certified devices.
Are you ready to map?
Our exclusive free app includes outstanding worldwide background charts, so you can start planning your journey right away! Plan your next cruise, set routes, look for marinas along your voyage or even share the tracks of your last adventure…these are just some of the things you can do with Plan2Nav.
Advanced navigation features
Like a “handheld chartplotter,” Plan 2Nav lets you:
- View charts in “birds eye” Perspective View
- Enable GPS to track Speed Over Ground (SOG), Course Over Ground (COG) and Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA).*
- Create and edit routes
- View GPS tracks
- Download free weather for a five-day forecast overlaid onto the chart
- Select North Up or Course Up orientation for a fully rotating vector visualization
- View Clock, Compass and set Distance Units
- Support for ActiveCaptain, user generated content for marine services
Complete the Journey - Upgrade to full C-MAP by Jeppesen cartography
Purchase affordable, expansive map coverage to unlock the full potential of Plan2Nav. Benefit from the features and award-winning technology that have made C-MAP by Jeppesen the choice of more than 1 million boaters worldwide:
-Detailed Harbor Charts
-Exclusive Aerial Photos and Diagrams
-C-Marina Ports Database
-Dynamic Tides and Current Predictions
-Depth Contours and Land Elevations
Once downloaded, these feature-packed maps stay recorded on the device and are always accessible – even when no wireless connection is available
* Continued use of GPS running in background can reduce battery life
It works only if in the boat is installed our best hardware in GPS technology.
You can view the location of the boat in a Marine Map.
What customers say:
"This is the best app on the market for boat owners."
"This app is great! I’m so glad we found it."
"I could watch my flottilla in real time. Very good app.”