- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
★ Syncs with Feedly & Ridly
★ Simple, clean, clear and optimized user interface for both phones and tablets
★ Two reading layouts: Magazine and Classic
★ Two working modes: Online and Offline
★ Cache images for offline reading (optional)
★ 2-way synchronization
★ Auto update (default but optional)
★ Easy to view articles by feeds/tags
★ Mark all as read
★ Subscription management
★ Swipe left/right or using navigation buttons to view previous/next articles
★ Auto mobilize articles to view full content
★ Support both portrait and landscape mode
★ Multiple themes: Dark, Light, Gray, and Blue
★ Image gallery
★ Support listening Podcast feeds
★ Fully customizable: Appearance, Synchronization, Image, Notification...
NOTES: Please contact us by email for bugs report. If you have any idea/suggestion, please post it here: http://readerhd.uservoice.com
We will try all the best to give you a great experience when using our products. Thank you.
Keywords: Reader+, Reader Plus, Reader HD, rss, atom, feed, online, offline, reading, news, blogs, tablet, optimized
Sync your feeds once and read even when offline. Thoughtfully designed to deliver the best reading experience. Widgets let you get the latest news right on your homescreen. And it's optimized for tablet reading.
Supports Feedly, Feedbin, Bazqux, FeedHQ, and now InoReader and The Old Reader.
The press says
"What sets Amber apart from the pack is beauty and functionality."
"One of the most beautiful new apps of 2014."
fullscreen reading mode
light + dark themes
mark as read on scroll
three fully customizable widgets
offline reading and image caching
flawlessly smooth scrolling
font options, sizes, and settings
expandable news notifications in the status bar (4.2+)
save and share articles with one tap
search for new feeds
in-app image galleries
article navigation while reading
swipe to mark articles as read
Report a bug or tell us how much you love us. Reach out at email@example.com or on Twitter @reindeercrafts.
Choose from 50+ sources (BBC, CNN, Gizmodo, Google News, Engadget, Androinica, ...) or just pick any other feed.
Almost 0% battery usage. 3 widget sizes. Super simple config. Works offline. Share.
Open as an application too!
v4.1: Manual feeds are saved
Search & preview feeds; read offline with images, mobile view, customizable interface.
News reader for RSS/Atom feeds equipped with Feed Search and other great features. Simply search for keywords or site name (e.g. 'sports news' or 'cnn'), tap the result to preview, add and enjoy!
* Feedly Cloud sync ***NEW***
* Read by feed/category/All ***NEW***
* Tablet layout ***NEW***
* Feed Search with Preview will allow you to build your feed library quickly and easily
* Full-screen view with swipe and zoom that can be used as default reading mode
* Supports saving articles to Pocket
* Expandable list allows to read articles without leaving the list as well as read only articles that interest you
* Offline reading with images (configured per feed) ensures that you can read even when not connected
* One-click access to "mobilized" version of article for faster/easier web browsing
* Ability to view article comments and subscribe to comments feeds
* Widgets and shortcuts on home screen
* Resizable widget or pick from one of 3 sizes
* Each widget can be configured to rotate through selected feeds at set interval or manually
* Choose between dark or light theme
* Customizable storage, update frequency, notifications, etc.
* Backup/restore to SD
Note: To use widgets please install the app to internal memory, not SD.
*** If you have a force-close or another bug unique to your device or configuration, PLEASE EMAIL THE DEVELOPER instead of posting in comments. If we cannot reproduce the problem we cannot fix it without your help! Thank you! ***
- NO ads!
- Offline reading
- Periodic automatic updates (customizable)
- all images are resized and optimized before being downloaded
- 2 view styles: List View & Grid View
- In-app article translation from & to lots of languages (using Google Translate)
- Share via Facebook/Twitter/Google+/local apps
- Swipe To Move Prev/Next Articles.
- Thumbnails for each post in feed
- Podcast Support.
- Search for RSS feeds, enter feed url, use google reader, or import OPML!
- Mark posts as Read/Unread/Deleted/Favorite
- open in-app images in gallery
- Widget availble
- supports lots of languages including Unicode, Arabic/Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and lots others etc...
- compatible with tablets & phones
- يدعم اللغة العربية
- proxy support
- option to update on wifi only (or only stop update when roaming)
For help and more images please visit:
The app itself comes with a few pre-installed blogs, including Coolestech, Tech Apps, and It’s Technologic.
based on appyet.com apps layout.
- automated feed updates
- simplified URL entering
- widget (n/a on apps2sd by android restrictions)
- adjustable notifications
- NO ads
- NO search for feeds
- OPML support
- proxy support
- feed sort
- automated backups to sd card (unencrypted)
Non working feeds and bugreports via email please.
Be Smart & Organized with Smart Feed Reader!
• Full support of RSS, RDF and ATOM feeds, import Google Reader feeds;
• Offline reading of news;
• Full-context search;
• Widgets support;
• Easy to manage feeds, personalized icons;
• Customization of the feed update interval (global for all feeds and particular – for the selected feed);
• Filtering stories by Author, Title, Content, Category for the best customization;
• Automatic organizing feeds by categories;
• Improved content sorting by Newer, Older, Unread, Read or Hide properties;
• Highlighting of newly-added and updated news;
• Automatic sorting news by Date: Today, Yesterday, Older;
• Media Collection: easy to view pictures and play attached media;
• Full-screen display of News (optional);
• Easy sliding between news with a simple gesture;
• Displaying news with a preview in the NewsList screen;
• Star rating for the news;
• Sharing content via E-Mail;
• Support of landscape screen orientation.
Smart News Filtering:
Personalize your content with Smart News Filtering – powerful and innovative feature that helps you to filter and manage your news automatically by Author, Title, Content, Category, etc. Each filter is made up of search condition to match specific parameter and action to perform. With Smart News Filtering you can automate copying news into custom folders, marking news, rating or just deleting it. You can have as many smart filters as you need!
• Android 2.1 or later.
EasyRSS is an unofficial Google Reader app for Android, aiming at providing the best user experience for users to read and manage Google Reader items.
- Sync with Google Reader
- Image downloading for off-line reading
- Simple swipe between starred/all/unread items
- Manage starred items
- View items by tag or subscription
- State saving & syncing
- Slide up & down to move between items
- Font size adjustment
Note: Google Reader account required
Why permissions android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS and android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS are needed?
EasyRSS need to acquire the Google accounts on your phone, to make it easier for users to log in.
Special thanks to @teki207 and @soyofuki for Spanish and Japanese translation.
- Disable GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1 devises (for it may cause native crash).
- Enabling GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1/4.2 devices.
- UI updates for popup windows.
- Performance improvements when switching between items.
- Fix re-start of the app when orientation changes.
- Fix bug in syncing (unable to sync sometimes).
- GPU acceleration support.
- Spanish support.
- Be able to save image to SD Card.
- Faster scrolling in viewing items.
- Fix bug in syncing when sync failed.
- Be able to change syncing interval.
- Fix several bugs in syncing.
- Faster "mark all as read".
- Be able to copy item to clipboard.
- Syncing plan optimization.
- Auto-hide item menu.
- Be able to choose between built-in and external browsers.
- UI speed up.
- Built-in browser.
- UI speed up.
- Scrolling improvements.
- Reducing view switching waiting time.
- Setting to turn off mark all as read confirmation.
- UI updates.
- In-app image viewing.
- UI performance improvements.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash when syncing.
- Fix crash bug on some Android devises.
- UI improvements, more fluent scrolling and improved menu bar in item reading interface.
- Faster "Mark all as read".
- Showing "1000+" instead of "1000" when there're more than 1000 items.
- Fix a UI issue on ICS machines.
- Dark theme support.
- More sharing options (support sending item content to Google+, etc.)
- Larger font support.
- Turn back to home screen after "mark all as read".
- Fix a bug in "mark previous as read".
- (IMPORTANT) UI update.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash in syncing.
Keywords: RSS, Google Reader, NewsRob, gReader
Feed+ Reader is a news aggregator for RSS and Atom feeds. Support all kind of news and blog formats (including not limited to RSS, ATOM, Podcast)
Import feed subscription from Google Reader
Import feeds from OPML (local and online)
Offers advanced, cutting-edge capabilities, including the most comprehensive podcasting support available today.
Support downloads Podcast for offline playback
Support download full article for offline reading
Add your own news source and choose from predefined feeds and podcasts
Easy Search: You can search for a news source by simple keywords
Full application Backup / Restore (all settings, feeds and articles)
Highly customizable UI and support multiple theme colors with both dark and light background
Smart notification to alert user when new article become available
Share feed article and news on many sources. Sharing it via Facebook, Twitter and Email is easy (Requires Facebook and Twitter Android app installed)
Easy sorting: User can define Sort Article by Unread/Read First, Date ASC/DESC and Title
Hide unread: Don't like to see unread feed or article, this option make it easy to navigate
Offline reading: Download and cache article and image locally for easy offline reading.
Automatic download for new article: User can also choose to download article and podcast automatically by application for any new article/podcast
Additionally, individual items can be flagged or emailed easily from inside Offline Reader.
Feed+ Reader constantly checks your favorite news sites and blogs for new content.
Feed+ Reader keeps track of which things you've read so that you only see unread items when you come back.
Feed+ Reader can be configured to automatically download full article and podcast for offline reading
You can star items to save them for later. You can email articles or post links to Twitter to share with friends.
Going through your articles is easy: just swipe left/right
And if there are feeds you don’t want to read, you can hide or delete them
Feed+ Reader lets you search your feeds flexibly. you can search all your articles carrying a certain keyword.
Feed+ Reader offers a high level of organization. It can be, and thanks to amazing keyboard shortcuts coupled with speedy operation, going though this list is a very productive way to read your daily dose of news.
You can easily share items on a public web page that has an RSS feed itself, send them by email, or share it on Facebook or Twitter
Default Reader Feeds:
Google News - Headline News
Dilbert Daily Strip
TWiT - This WEEK in TECH
This American Life
Connect with us: Visit us at http://www.appyet.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us at @appyet on Twitter or follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/AppYet/223834137629445
- No AD.
- Offline Reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support one key save to Pocket (Read it later), Instapaper, Readability, Evernote.
- Support swipe left and right in article list page.
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer
- Themes: light, dark and night
- Unread count widget.
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Q:How to see one feed only, not whole category?
A:Click arrow icon, it will show all feeds.
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : email@example.com
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
- Import/export feeds (OPML)
- Cache images for offline reading
- Automatic synchronization (optional)
- Offline reading with pictures and full text
- Swipe left/right to view previous/next articles
- Scrolling news with volume keys (optional)
- Show notifications (sound, light, vibration)
- Share news (facebook, email, twitter, ...)
- Auto clear old news
If you like this app and want to help me with localization, please contact me.
Keywords: RSS, Google Reader, gReader, News, reader
This quote perfectly describes the aim of this news reader.
There are far more powerful readers available on the market. But who seriously needs all the provided features of current popular RSS-Readers?
When I read news I don't want to have 400 different functions blocking my screen and hiding the most important thing: News.
SimpleNews gives you access to your favorite news feeds. As the only additional feature it allows you to add/modify categories and feeds to fulfill your interests.
Simple News is simple. modern. intuitive. smart.
More from developer
Note: This widget is ONLY for large screen (HDPI)
If you are using Honeycomb or ICS, this will not works, use Clock Calendar Widget + instead.
The message shared is a link to googleMap with your coordinate.
No internet connection is required to get your position. This use ONLY a GPS data.
Selezionata una città e scaricandone la programmazione, si può scegliere il film, leggerne una descrizione, vedere in quale sale è in programmazione e in quali orari.
You can see, export to a file and send by email all information.
The information are:
- System ENV properties + Memory info
- Version Properties
- Build Properties
- Android ID
- SIM Data
- Telephony Data
- Secure Data
- System Status
- See /system/build.prop file
You can create groups of passwords and export/import password on XML or CSV file (you can also envrypt data)
In this new version a lot of improvement are made:
- changed the master password with the unlock patter
- changed layout interface (holo theme)
- ability to choose between light and dark theme
- added animation to password list (more like google now)
- improved import/export xml files
Security update on unlock pattern
**** WARNING ******
Starting from this version the security degree on saved password is changed. (donwgraded)
Until now the password was encrypted using a key formed by your unlock key and device signature.
But some user have noted that, in case of device upgrade, (changing of android version or upgrating a rom) the
unlock became invalid.
This is true because upgrating android the device signature changes. And, there isn't a backdoor, your password data is lost.
To avoid this, startng form now, the unlock key will only be formed from your unlock sequence.
This can create problems with your old backup that will be useless. So DO UN UPDATE.
To be sure of this, each time you start the app a silent backup will be done and saved (if available) on sdcard.
-- Why i have added the INTERNET permission ?
For two main reasons:
1) To be sure that you don't do an automatic backup (adding a permission the google market needs your authoization to update)
and, in this way, you read this message
2) To integrate the AppBugTracker services (www.appbugtracker.com) to track incidents that may occurs on app.
*** Please, if you have buyed this version, use the backup feature.
*** Don't ask to me if there is a way to recover your data if you lost or forget the unlock sequence. There isn't.
*** Use the automatic backup feature.
Don't upgrade the applicatin if you don't want the INTERNET permission. It is used ONLY for exception handling as explain before.
The time is displayed in HTC Sense style, and is reported also the current date. You can configure date format and colors for text.
Togheter the current date is possibile to show the battery status.
If you want to show weather info, you have to configure your location and the set of informations to display
For next events in calendars, you can filter which calendars to use and how many days to show in the widget.
The list of next events is scrollable (Honeycomb / ICS feature)
At bottom of widget is possibile to add up to six shorcuts, to launch your preferred application or call your friends.
If you have problems with this widget please, instead of rate it down, send me an email.
NOTE: This is a widget, not an application. Read your manual to how add widget on home screen. You will not see an icon on you launcher !!
The purpose of this version is to evaluate the application before buy a full version.
This version is fully functional but same function is disabled or have same limitation.
There is not support for this version.
If you like this application, please consider to buy a full version.
This is a feature list of FULL version
- Import feeds from google Reader
- Add/Modify/Remove single feed
- Organize feeds in categories
- Special Folders : Starred, Unread, Latest, Last24h
- Navigate news through categories or special folders
- Automatic update
- Search (search text in title or news body)
- Import/Export (backup/restore your data and configuration)
- View news on line or off line
- Widget (to use widgets please install the app to internal memory)
- Open news in Google mobilizer
- Share news (email, twitter, ... )
- Choose default viewer (on line, off line, google mobilizer)
- Text size and color
- Screen Orientation
- Show/Hide special folders
- Start and Stop update service
- Start update service on boot
- Show notification (sound, light)
- Reload interval for update service
- Enable/Disable automatic backup
- Enable/Disable nightly update
- Auto clean up old news
SEO: RSS, Feed, Google Reader
For more info, view on line tutorial.
For every question (bug, suggestion, ...) send me email (you can do that through about panel in preferences).
The notes are saved directly on your SD card (choose folder from preferences).
- Add, remove and rename notes
- Share notes (twitter, email, ..)
- Encrypt / Decrypt notes with a password
- Search text among more notes
- search and replace text in note
- add shortcut to home