WNYC is the flagship public radio station of New York City. We produce a range of original and innovative programs and podcasts, including The Brian Lehrer Show, The Leonard Lopate Show, The Takeaway (a co-production with Public Radio International) and, from our newsroom, award-winning local and national reporting. Soundcheck, New Sounds and Spinning on Air feature exclusive performances from the new music scene, while Jonathan Schwartz is the voice of American standards.
We're also home to Radiolab, the Peabody Award-winning show that blurs the boundaries among science, philosophy and the human experience, and Freakonomics Radio, the popular podcast that explores "the hidden side of everything."
Other shows you'll find here include All Things Considered, Ask Me Another, Car Talk, Fishko Files, Food Fridays, Fresh Air, Here's the Thing With Alex Baldwin, Last Chance Foods, Morning Edition, Marketplace, Money Talking, Movie Date, New Tech City, On Being, On Point, Radio Rookies, Radiolab, Selected Shorts, Studio 360 , This American Life and The World.
WNYC is a listener-supported public radio station. Your financial support helps make possible our programming, broadcasting and digital innovation. You can find our donation form on the app menu.
The WNYC app was built by the digital media group of New York Public Radio.
The free, *official* Voice of America (VOA) mobile / tablet application serves news to your Android smartphone or tablet in 44 languages. VOA operates one of the world's largest international news media networks on TV, radio and digital properties with a total weekly audience of more than 200 million people in countries including Africa, The Middle East, Asia and beyond. To do this, VOA employs more than 3,500 journalists around the world, focused on countries without a free or established press or free and open internet access.
The news application features:
* Customization for more than 40 international languages and dialects from Farsi to Vietnamese
* Enjoy photos, video, audio and text content, including background streaming of audio content
* Integrated proxy available in the settings to get around Internet blocking
* Breaking news push notifications
* Hear radio podcasts on demand
* Save download time and data costs with the Low-Bandwidth Mode in the settings
* Download stories, videos, and photos for offline reading, watching, and listening
* Customizable navigation items and order
* Stream multimedia over Chromecast on your TV
* Offline-downloading and saving of news content for later enjoyment
* Share your favorite stories, videos, and photos via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+
* Social media sharing of content on Facebook, Twitter, email and other platforms
* Customizable Android Home Screen Widget
* Directly send your photo, video, audio and text news reports to VOA
= Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting Issues =
Having problems with using the App proxy?
1- Make sure you installed the latest version of the Psiphon Proxy application from here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/q1zc-evc7-flev/en/download.html#direct
2- Start the Psiphon Proxy app on your device
3- Then enable Psiphon proxy usage in the application settings for Android app
Having problems with the App loading slowly?
1- Check to make sure you are on a fast, stable connection (WiFi, ideally).
2- If that doesn't work, open the application settings and check the box for "Low Bandwidth Support."
What languages and VOA services does the app support?
All of these:
VOA News (English)
VOA Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
صدای آمريکا (Persian)
Voz de América (Spanish)
VOA Somali (Somali)
ဗီြအိုေအ ျမန္မာဌာန (Burmese)
VOA Tigrigna (Tigrigna)
VOA - Голос Америки (на русском) (Russian)
VOA 뉴스 (Korean)
VOA Indonesia (Indonesian)
ཨ་རིའི་རླུང་འཕྲིན། བོད་སྐད། (Tibetan)
وائس آف امریکہ اردو (Urdu)
صدای امریکا (Dari)
د امریکا غږ اشنا (Pashto)
VOA Hausa (Hausa)
VOA Afaan Oromoo (Afaan Oromoo)
Amerika'nın Sesi (Turkish)
VOA - Голос Америки (українською) (Ukrainian)
VOA Português (Portuguese)
La Voix de l'Amérique (French)
دهنگی ئهمهریکا (Kurdish)
Amerika Ovozi ( Uzbek)
Studio 7 (English)
Dengê Amerîka (Kurdi)
Гласот на Америка (Macedonian)
Radiyoyacu VOA (Kirundi/Kinyarwanda)
Amerikanın Səsi (Azerbaijani/Azeri)
وي اوای ډیوه (Pashto to Pakistan)
Glas Amerike (Serbian)
VOA Swahili (Swahili)
ভয়েস অফ আমেরিকা বাংলা (Bangla)
Glas Amerike (BiH) (Bosnian)
ამერიკის ხმა (Georgian)
Ամերիկայի Ձայն (Armenian)
Studio 7 Shona (Shona)
Zëri i Amerikës (Albanian)
Studio 7 Ndebele (Ndebele)
Still having problems?
We are here to help. Please contact us at email@example.com. Be sure to include the device description (example: Samsung S3) and operating system (example: 4.3) as well as a brief description of the issue.
- News in order of technical and enforcement laws;
- Competent and timely update for employers and operators of the sector on a weekly basis;
- Interpretation of the rules by judges and lawyers of proven experience;
- Temporary construction;
- Practical answers to questions encountered in any work environment;
- Conferences and seminars;
- Training courses;
- Schedule annual safety;
- Periodic updates on products and services for prevention;
- Courses in the field of safety at work (dates, official programs and methods of implementation);
- Conferences and technical seminars on local and national territories.
- "Photos of the Week" section with reviews and rankings.
G2 Studio "News & Safety" is proposed as a proper tool to deal with and regulate the management of the security service company.