The “LEMOn GPS” (Location Enhancement for Mobile GPS) app by GeneGIS GI improves both the accuracy and the reliability of the point geolocation, thanks to a statistical algorithm that uses the GPS/GNSS positions received by the smartphone or by an external Bluetooth device.
Are you looking for an app that allows you to geolocalize the point where you are?
Would you like to know in real time the reliability of your position?
Would you record this information and export them quickly in a GIS or CAD software?
Then “LEMOn GPS” is the app you are looking for!
Download it, try it and contact us by writing to email@example.com!
Using “LEMOn GPS” you can:
- improve the static positioning, using the GPS/GNSS sensor of your smartphone, thanks to the new statistical algorithm;
- check in real time the reliability of the improved positioning;
- view GPS, GLONASS and SBAS satellites in use (depending on the connected device);
- display additional data concerning positioning, like the signal-to-noise ratio for each tracked satellite;
- save measured points in different horizontal position representations (both UTM projection and geographic coordinate system), and display them on a map (restricted feature in the free version);
- export the saved points in Comma Separated Values (CSV) text format, and share them via email, Bluetooth or using apps on your smartphone.
Buying the “LEMOn GPS Pro” version, you can unlock the following additional features:
- use external GPS/GNSS Bluetooth devices (NMEA 0183 standard protocol, GPGGA and GPGSV messages required) to achieve higher accuracies;
- record an infinite number of jobs and points;
- export points in the Keyhole Markup Language (KML) format, for quick use in other software such as Google Maps or Google Earth.
HOW TO USE:
1) Create a new job to save your points, or activate an existing job;
2) Get closer to the point that you want to measure, and wait to have a good number of satellites in view (at least four satellites must be tracked);
3) Start recording points, keeping your phone or external device stable on the target point for at least 15-30 seconds;
4) Stop recording, and enter the point name;
5) Continue with a new point!
Do you want more details on how to use the app?
Visit http://www.genegis.net/lemon/?lang=en or contact us!
The “LEMOn GPS” and “LEMOn GPS Pro” by GeneGIS GI srl are part of a larger project focused on develop tools and services for smart surveys using mobile devices.
For further information about the use of our app and the achievable accuracies, and for any customization, please contact the developers writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The final positioning accuracy depends on the smartphone model, on the external environment and on possible obstacles (buildings, trees, pylons ...) that may disturb the satellite signal tracking.
- If you plan to use our app with external GPS/GNSS devices, you should verify that they are enabled to send messages via Bluetooth according to the NMEA 0183 standard protocol (minimum required messages: GPGGA and GPGSV). If you have any doubts, please contact the GNSS device supplier for information regarding this option. GeneGIS GI srl is not accountable for the incorrect purchase of external GPS/GNSS devices that do not work with the “LEMOn GPS Pro" app.
- The internet access permissions are only necessary to display satellite images on map. The app does not require a cellular or WiFi connection to work.
- The Bluetooth permission is necessary in the “LEMOn GPS Pro” version, to connect to your external GPS/GNSS device.