Here you will find current information about many points of interest, maps, photos, a five-day weather forecast, the option to share information with friends, etc.
Facilitate your travel and stay in Rome by following the driving/walking directions to the places of your interest. Take advantage of the subway map in the application and never get lost en route to any sightseeing spot or attraction.
Enjoy high quaility pictures shared by the millions who have already visited this great and ancient city.
Relive the days of the Roman empire while you glide throughout the most spectacular places of Rome: the Colosseum, Vatican City, Saint Peter's Square, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, the Borghese Gallery, the Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, Castle Sant Angelo, and many other attractions and sightseeings with our Android Rome guide in your hands!
Keep in mind that we are constantly adding and improving the application database, so you always will have up to date information at your fingertips.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT ELIZABETH MINCHILLI
“Trust me, no one knows food in Rome like Elizabeth does.”
-Frank Bruni Former Chief Restaurant Critic, New York Times
“Elizabeth is a food writer. Unsurprisingly, she knows all the best places to eat in Rome, including a gelateria that serves a frozen rice pudding (and if they don’t serve this kind of thing in heaven, then I really don’t want to go there.)
-Elizabeth Gilbert, in Eat, Pray, Love.
“Elizabeth Minchilli is my food guru in Rome.”
-Evan Kleiman, Host of KCRW’s Good Food, Best-selling cookbook author
and owner of AngeliCaffe.
WHAT DOES THIS APP OFFER ?
* EXPERT FOOD ADVICE - Minchilli has been reporting on the food scene in Rome for magazines and newspapers for years, and is the go-to source for insiders.
* MORE than just restaurants, you’ll find bakeries, wine bars, kitchen and food stores, coffee bars and everything a die hard foodie could dream of.
* MORE lively and opinionated content. Minchilli lets you know the score, telling you what you’ll expect and what to look for.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS APP?
* Avoid tourist traps and go straight to the best in Rome.
* Browse through 150 carefully selected entries.
* One click website links go directly to the source.
* Share reviews, photos and user comments
* Access content anytime, anywhere.
* View more than 900 photos.
Stay tuned for the next free upgrade, adding more videos, photos and categories like PICNICS, VEGETARIAN ROME, BEST BUTCHERS and FRESH FISH.
★ About the Author ★
Elizabeth Minchilli has been eating her way through Rome her entire life. She is the author of six books on Italian living, and contributes to over forty magazines and newspapers, including Bon Appetit, Food & Wine and The International Herald Tribune. She has appeared on Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie and KCRW's Good Food. She writes about all the good stuff in Italy on her blog Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Enjoy easier trip planning with trip templates
✓ Easily search and filter attractions
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 7 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Rome is a huge city with several district articles containing sightseeing, restaurant, nightlife and accommodation listings — consider printing them all.
Rome (Italian: Roma), the Eternal City, is the capital and largest city of Italy and of the Lazio (Latium) region. It's the famed city of the Roman Empire, the Seven Hills, La Dolce Vita (the sweet life), the Vatican City and Three Coins in the Fountain. Rome, as a millenium-long centre of power, culture and religion, having been the centre of one of the globe's greatest civilizations ever, has exerted a huge influence over the world in its c. 2500 years of existence.
The Historic Centre of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With wonderful palaces, millenium-old churches and basilicas, grand romantic ruins, opulent monuments, ornate statues and graceful fountains, Rome has an immensely rich historical heritage and cosmopolitan atmosphere, making it one of Europe's and the world's most visited, famous, influential and beautiful capitals. Today, Rome has a growing nightlife scene and is also seen as a shopping heaven, being regarded as one of the fashion capitals of the world (some of Italy's oldest jewellery and clothing establishments were founded in the city). With so many sights and things to do, Rome can truly be classified a "global city".
Do you know where Keats died as they covered the cobble-stones in hay to soften the outside noise from passing carriages? Do you know the spot where Julius Cesar was brutally stabbed to death by his own senators? Do you know where the Coliseum’s recycled marble ended up?
If you come to Rome seeking eternal or contemporary, cliché or unexpected, these carefully crafted city tours will take you there.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities of Europe.
Find out our offline maps!
Beautifull and light (~6 MB) offline maps of Rome and surroundings.
Find out Amerigo!
A revolutionary system that suggest you what to do and where to go based on your context (hour of the day, position, weather, ..)
This is what you can find:
- what to do
- over 1000 detailed points of interest
- where to eat and drink
- spare time
- weather forecast
This is what you can do:
- book a restaurant or a hotel from the App
- find what you need with a smart search engine
- locate a place on the map and get directions
- use the App everywhere in offline mode
- share contents with your friends
- get free updates when you are connected to the internet
Service works from 6:30 AM to 24:00 PM CET (GMT+1).
Information are in real time: requires internet connection.
With the map you can see easily what are the public toilets near you.
For each public bath are indicated days and opening hours and additional information to help you find it.
In addition you can use the navigation system guided to reach the toilet in question.
Help us make WC Rome more and more reliable and accurate by reporting any toilet closed or not working, or by reporting public toilets are not in the map.
The main functions of WC Rome are:
- More than 120 public toilets easily viewable in map
- Detail of every public toilet with name, address, hours and days of opening
- Navigation guided to the selected WC
- Ability to report an enclosed or not working toilet
- Ability to report a new toilet not in the map
Plan and have the perfect trip! Book your hotel and enjoy restaurant reviews and shared user content.
Here is why 10+million travelers love Ulmon Offline & City Guides:
Didn’t you always want to have an easily portable and compact travel assistant that allows planning your trips to foreign countries and cities upfront? So turn your smartphone or tablet into a digital Rome City Guide and planner leading you through YOUR choices of restaurants, hotels and which attractions to visit. Enjoy recommendations and reviews of other enthusiastic travelers and tourists. Always keep your orientation and find the direction to the next place; completely without roaming and offline.
With this Rome offline map and city guide you enjoy a wide variety of advantages:
Simply download and try this Rome city guide for free. There is absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
Never get lost and keep your orientation. See your location on the Rome offline map, even without an internet connection. Find streets, attractions, restaurants, hotels, local nightlife and other POIs – and get guided in the walking direction of places you want to see.
IN-DEPTH TRAVEL CONTENT
Have all the information offline and freely portable. For each destination, access comprehensive and up-to-date information covering thousands of places, attractions, points of interest and many hotel booking options within this Rome travel guide.
SEARCH AND DISCOVER
Find the best restaurants, shops, attractions, hotels, bars, etc. Search by name, browse by category or discover nearby places using your device’s GPS – even offline and without data roaming.
GET TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Find tips and recommendations from locals and tourists. Browse offline in this Rome guide for the most popular attractions, restaurants, shops, hotels, nightlife places, etc.
PLAN TRIPS AND CUSTOMIZE MAPS
Create lists of places you want to visit. Pin existing places, like your hotel or a recommended restaurant, to the map. Add your own pins to the map. Find and book hotels from within this Rome city guide.
The Rome Offline Map and the Rome CIty Guide content are fully downloaded and stored on your device. All features, such as address searches and your GPS location also work offline and without data roaming (an internet connection is of course required for initial downloading of data or booking hotels).
Map data and POI are provided by OpenStreetMap and are regularly updated by us. To check the level of detail, go to www.openstreetmap.org. The same applies to Wikipedia travel articles.
DETAILED CITY COVERAGE
Rome the capital of Italy where the Vatican is located and the Pope is at home. Enjoy the flair of ancient roman history visiting the colosseum. Using this guide and its Wikipedia articles you will not miss a single attraction!
Ulmon, the makers of this Rome travel guide app, are a small team of enthusiastic travel freaks in Vienna, Austria. We aim to assist tourists around the world with a portable planner, assistant and trip companion for their vacations and explorations.
Enjoy your travels. Your Ulmon team! :-)
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Rome city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Rome
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Italy or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
This is very useful for those who live in Rome and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news
- City Map with top attractions (available offline)
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Rome.
- Public Transport (Atac, subway, Trenitalia)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info (main sights, history, geography, climate, monuments and main sights)
Features of Triposo’s guide to Rome:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for daytrip destinations
* An offline map of the city
This app is a Multimedia guided Tour of the Vatican's Sistine Chapel Rome. Experience the grander of Michelangelo masterpiece developed by veteran Roman tour guides. Over 35 minutes of content rich audio presentation, includes hi-res photo's and diagrams. Tour covers the ceiling of Michelangelo explaining the 6 days of creation and the last judgment. Once loaded no need for access to WiFi or Internet.
Replace the archaic tour book, Experience Roma mobile style. Compare prices to Italian guides costing 50 euro or more, support research and development by buying no add version.
-Over 35 minutes of content rich audio presentation, includes hi-res photo's and diagrams.
-Ceiling of creation and the Last Judgement.
-Once loaded no need for access to WiFi or Internet.
-written by experienced tour-guides
- Spoken by native English speaker
Premium content. Professional guides. Unpretentious prices.
You can have our headset tour plus the benefits of music, pictures and diagrams, while going at your own pace. Our tour is written by experienced tour-guides. Check out our St. Peters Basilica tour too, plus the Churches of Rome.
Designed as a stand alone tour it is great also for listening to before a visit, or after as a souvenir. Since it is not permitted to take photos in the chapel our team has carefully chosen the best pictures and views of the chapel to remember your visit. See details using pinch and zoom on last judgment and ceiling, and close ups of major figures, plus a ceiling diagram of who's who.
visit this link to skip the line :http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do
Don't forget to checkout our other tours, search Romavita in the app market
• Practical travel guide with detailed information like attractions, getting around for each district of Rome City.
• Travel utilities like hotel booking, currency converter, weather forecast, world clocks, reminder, alarm and many more available within the app.
• Intuitive, easy-to-use one tap pane interface with tight social network integration for Check-Ins, photo sharing and places review.
• Just one app for all your devices with dedicated UI and data sync capabilities.
• Plan your itinerary and port your activity data between different devices and social network using our pangeaguides.com website.
• Community sharing experience for your photos, reviews and travel memories with your friends and other fellow travelers.
Premium features of Rome Travel Guide bring exclusive travel utilities that reduce travel planning hassles and make the experience fun and memorable. Premium features consists of -
• A next generation modern marvel Augmented Reality experience that brings surrounded by wonders feeling.
• Search for cafes, restaurants, theatres and even hospitals with carefully organized location data. Find more than 1000 Points of Interest around you and get directions to places of your interest.
• Extremely detailed Rome offline map for no connectivity areas or internet availability (Connection required on first time use).
• Comprehensive set of utilities and tools that will help you plan your trip. Organize checklist, send postcards, bringing a collection of useful travel apps within a single app.
• Discover people, places and culture with information about upcoming local events.
Designed and developed by the travelers, for the travelers that works in all parallel universe!
More from developer
The previous four ages (Water, Air, Fire and Earth) would all terminated with immense environmental upheaval. Some experts claim that the first civilization - one that was destroyed by Water - was Atlantis. In the Popol Vuh of the Quiche Maya, reads:
"a flood was caused by the Heart of Heaven ... a heavy resin fell from the sky .... the face of the earth grew dark, and black rain fell on it, night and day."
According to the Mayan calendar, the current Golden Age (the fifth), will end in 2012. What can we expect?
- included 9 maps (Milan,London,Paris,Madrid,Beijing,Amsterdam,New York);
- Easy to use and fast;
- save memory! Anytime you are free to choose which and how many maps to keep on the device;
- possible offline browsing, maps stored;
- You can choose the resolution of the maps;
- adaptable to any device Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.0;
All of our products are designed exclusively by us, and handcrafted at our workshop in Rome. We pride ourselves in genuinely representing Italian artisan culture, and you will find that all of our items are unique and reasonably priced. We only use the finest Tuscan leather, handpicked directly from the mill where it is prepared, exclusively by Davide.
In addition to our vast selection of women's and men's bags, we also make wallets, belts, agendas, briefcases, keychains and travel bags.
If you can't find what you're looking for, contact us and we'll see what we can do. All of our items ship from our workshop in Rome, Italy. If you are not located in Italy, then you might have to wait a few days for your item to be shipped. Also, due to our very small production capacity, we make very limited quantities of the all of our items.