Every year, Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato Spa products more than a billion of wine labels for Denomination of Controlled Origin Guaranteed (D.O.C.G.) and Denomination of Controlled Origin (D.O.C.) designations. Poligrafico traces the entire DOCG production and a considerable percentage of the DOC production.
By Trust your Wine you can have an easy and immediate tool for real-time verification of the authenticity of the labels applied on D.O. wine bottles and the actual origin of the wine.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Scan the datamatrix printed on the wine labels (also allows you to type or dictate the code)
• Queries the information system of the Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato.
• Check the correspondence of the control code with the one present on the state label
• View information about the bottle of wine (some of which are listed on the label, as a cellar, year of production and others not present as the batch certificate number)
WHY IS IT SAFE?
• The State label is a physical support that is difficult to counterfeit because it is made with advanced production and printing systems
• The coding system is based on robust algorithms that provide an alphanumeric identifier for each product
• The information is distributed between the information systems of the IPZS, the control and certification bodies and the producers.
• Over one billion bottles are sold each year with the DOCG or DOC labels
• All the production of DOCG wines is traced with the state label system of the Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato Spa
• A significant and continuously increasing percentage of DOC production adopts the state label to protect the prestige of wine and consumer confidence.
• Security of purchase: check the combination between the code printed on the state label and the information on the label guaranteeing the authenticity of the product
• Fast control: scan the datamatrix printed on the state label and query the information system of the Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato Spa
• Preserves the list of checks: through the history of the checks it is possible to make reports to the authorities on doubt about the authenticity of the products at any time
TO KNOW MORE
For more information, please visit our website www.trustyourwine.ipzs.it
The app does not provide for user data collection.
All wine information displayed by the app is provided by the respective producers.