There are dozens of similar flashlight apps. There are 3 major reasons to choose this one:
1. UNIQUE: This is the only flashlight app which turns off automatically! The application detects when you place the phone in your pocket and immediately turns the light off, thus saving your phone's battery life.
2. RARE: It's an optionally ad-free flashlight app (ads can be disabled in the app's settings)
Camera, Control flashlight - for controlling the flash LED,
Full network access, view network connections used for ads, collecting anonymous app usage statistics and error reporting. All three can be disabled in the settings screen (see privacy settings category)
Control vibration - for the haptic feedback (can be disabled in the settings screen)
Prevent device from sleeping - for the ability to keep the light on after dimming the screen
• Automatically turns off the light when you place the phone in your pocket or when you close the lid
• A widget, enabling you to turn the light on and off directly from the home or lock screen
• An option to use either the LED or the screen backlight (setting it to maximum brightness) as light sources
• Optionally ad-free (ads can be disabled)
• Home screen widgets of 3 different sizes + 1 lock screen widget.
• Ability to keep the LED after closing the app or locking the screen
• A battery level indicator
• Reminder in the notification panel when the LED is on
• Fully configurable
• Very bright - probably the brightest flashlight in the market
Please don't hesitate to mail me if you encounter any problem or if you'd like to propose new features!
Tested on the following phones (but of course, works on other devices as well):
Samsung mobile phones/tablets:
Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300)
Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)
Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)
Galaxy S (GT-I9000)
Galaxy S Note (GT-N7000)
Galaxy S Note 2 (GT-N7100)
Galaxy S Note 3 (SM-N9005)
Galaxy Y (GT-S5360)
Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562)
Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9192)
Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i)
Galaxy Star (GT-S5282)
Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P3100)
Sony mobile phones:
Xperia Z (C6603)
Xperia SP (5303)
Xperia P (LT22)
Xperia T (LT30p)
Motorola mobile phones:
Razr I (XT890)
Razr M (XT907)
LG mobile phones:
Optimus L5 (E612)
Optimus Elite (VM696)
Optimus G (E975)
Optimus SOL (E730)
Google-branded mobile phones/tablets
Nexus S 4G
HTC mobile phones:
free flashlight app, smart, tiny, easy, handy, light, flashlight widget, light widget, camera LED widget, camera LED, ad-free, no ads, home screen widget, lock screen widget, best, bright, brightest, libero torcia, безплатно фенерче, zdarma Svítilna, vapaa taskulamppu, lanternă liber, wolne latarka, fri lommelygte, ingyenes zseblámpa, pulsuz flashlight, libreng flashlight, უფასო ფანარი, ազատ Լապտեր, मुक्त टॉर्च
This app controls your device's camera LED to make it act as a torch (flashlight). That's it.
* LG Nexus 5 (with Kit Kat 4.4)
* LG Nexus 4 (with Jelly Bean 4.2.1)
* Samsung Galaxy Nexus (with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.2)
* HTC EVO 3D (with Gingerbread 2.3.4)
Also noted to work on:
* Samsung Galaxy S II
* Samsung Galaxy W
* Samsung Galaxy Note
* Samsung Galaxy Note II
* Samsung Nexus S
* Motorola Droid II
* HTC Wildfire
* HTC Droid DNA
Thanks for all who's let us know if this worked for their device (or not)!
Note: The additional permission for widget support in 1.1 (SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW) is to work around limitation on some devices' cameras (notably my own Samsung Galaxy Nexus), where a preview surface needs to be present for the camera's LED torch mode to be effective.
P.S.: The source code is open, hosted on github (https://github.com/santa4nt/Galaxy-Torch).
Have you ever tried to use your phone's screen or LED as a beacon of light, only to find it's just not bright enough? Turn your phone into a versatile flashlight with Color Flashlight app, the app that brightens up your phone's day and leads the way. Never be caught in the dark without a light again.
[Color Flashlight HD LED improved design quality]
* Light When You Need it, Where You Need it
Stuck outside with no street light? Color Flashlight app helps you out in the darkest of occasions. Use Color Flashlight to find the perfect seat in a dark theater, or find your way around when the power goes out at home.
* Color Your Light
Change the color and brightness of your phone's screen to help guide you where you want to go. Choose from a full range of colors to find your favorite custom-made light. Make fun flashlight effects by tapping on the menu button and choosing effect, color, and brightness.
* Cool Custom Effects
Have your phone's screen simulate police light, candle light, a rainbow, a disco ball, and more. You can even use Color Flashlight to display your own personal message by typing in text, or host your own personal dance party with the built-in strobe light.
* Usage : Touch the screen to show/hide options
- Maximize screen brightness
- Use camera LED as a torch (LED Light)
- Change color of flashlight
- Normal Flash : Screen Color flashlight,
- Camera Flash : Camera LED flashlight
- Useful light effects (LED Electronic Sign) : Text, Scroll, Slide, LED Sign
- Emergency light effects : Strobe light, Police light, Emergency light
- Fun flashlight effects : Candle, Disco light, Rainbow, Blink, Spiral
- Lovely effect : Heart, I Love You
* User comment: Changing flat tire in 28°WEATHER with no street light. Color flashlight app saved my life!
- Camera, Flashlight : Camera flash, LED flashlight, LED Light
- Internet, Access Network State : Admob ads
* Disclaimer: Strobe light can cause epileptic seizures in some people with history of epilepsy. Do not point to the face when the flash light is in strobe mode.
* Keyword : led, flash, candle, police light, strobe, camera led, torch, brightness, Dark, Bright, Brightest, emergency, backlight, DroidLight, led light, led flashlight, tiny flashlight, brightest flashlight, camera flash, camera, LED flashlight, best flashlight, LED Light, LED sign, LED scroller, LED banner, colornote, color note, flashlight app, flashlight free, flashlight
* Device : Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Google Nexus S, Nexus One, Galaxy Nexus, LG Optimus 2x, LG Optimus G, LG Optimus LTE, HTC Desire, HTC ONE X, Motorola Atrix, Motorola RAZR
* Flashlight Tested : Motorola Droid Flashlight, Samsung Galaxy S Flashlight, Samsung Galaxy Note Flashlight, Motorola Droid2 Flashlight, Motorola Droid Flashlight, LG Optimus Flashlight
Turn your phone int a color flashlight! It helps find your way in the theater is that you keep stepping on. Find your keys in the dark. Dance with strobe light in a club.
• Brightest LED Flashlight instantly ON
• Always-On compass
• Strobe mode with 10 different frequencies
• Built-in SOS signal
• Intuitive and elegant UI design
What we‘ve found in reviews：
— “Great App , Simple to use this application is very useful it is way more powerful than the default flashlight programmed on my phone. ”
—“Awesome.app!!! This is a great app to have if your out in the woods camping, the light is very bright and the compass works great do you don‘t get lost…….”
—“Best flashlight app! This is bright, simple and has some added extras that u can either take our leave depending on if they benefit our lifestyle! Great job! ”
—“The one and only best I have tried other apps but I am most impressed by this one. I recommend this to everyone its. The one and only best!!! GREAT APP!!!”
—“This app is awesome the light is bright and even has an SOS and a compass which is really cool. ”
—“Excellent a great application does everything it says. Helps me at night finding the right key.”
Get the brightest, fastest, and most feature rich front light with video camera zoom for phones & tablets. The app uses the front camera light on the device as a camera light and then allows you to zoom in! Plus you can setup a timer so that the light turns off after a few minutes as well. You can also use your camera zoom flash light when the area is dim. There are many ways you can use the torch flashlight!
How can you use the front light? Let us count the ways!
*Set light timer - light up room
*Use torch to open doors in low light
*Find things in purse
*Find keys in the dark
*Read in dark
*Replace backyard bulb at night
*walking to your car at night
*During a power outage
*Hiking or outdoors
*SOS during emergencies
*Torch Light Activates Instantly
*Front Light With Video Zoom (Must Have)
*Strobe Light Effect with Speed Control
*Clap For Light On/Off Control
*Flip Device On/Off Control
*Multiple Tap Light On/Off
*Energy Saving Light
*Set Custom Light Timing
*Adjust LED Brightness Using Slider
Special Feature: Flash light + Video Zoom View
Few example of where to use light with zoom feature: Need to read the label on the back of the washer or zoom torch light to back of TV and read serial number for repair. Ability to Zoom in with light is extremely helpful in hard to reach places.
Uses camera flash light (on devices that supports it) or light screen (on other devices). It will really make your life brighter ;)
- strong/bright light on all devices
- automatically switches to screen light when camera is not present / not supported / or used by other apps
- quick support
For any problems/feature request contact me directly email@example.com
- Brightest Flashlight available - Guaranteed!
- Convenient - Switch On/Off the light just like using a real flashlight
- Strobe/Blinking Mode supported - Blinking frequency adjustable
- Stunning graphics - This is the most beautiful flashlight you can get in hand!
- Control strobe light in a rather natural experience
- Hi-Res Retina Display Graphics
- Reaction on time at start-up
- Low consumption of battery
What we‘ve found in reviews：
—"This is the One! Simple, effective and efficient. Just a Flashlight. Can also be used as Strobe light. "
—"Nice and best. This app is very nice, easy to use & best in the category."
—"Excellent Really bright wish I could give it more stars. I can block the screen and the light still stays on. Really like it great for looking in dark , walking at night in the countryside or the city."
—"BRIGHT! Definitely makes a great flash light Great to have when you need it."
—"5 stars awesome flashlight works real good！Excellent, I Love this app. Excellent, perfect app's."
—"It's so bright！Best flash light ever I love this."
Galaxy S4 User - "Bright! OMG its bright. Wait im blind.. Thumbs up"
★ Tiny file size
★ Sets the LED flash to the brightest setting
★ Screen light set to the brightest setting
★ HD graphics
Recently Tested with:
★ Samsung Galaxy S4
★ Samsung Galaxy Note II
★ Nexus 4
★ Samsung Galaxy S3
★ Samsung Galaxy Ace
★ HTC One
and supports hundreds of other models too!
Fantastic device support backed up by rapid email response makes this the only flashlight app you will ever need and its free to use!
We have had many reports that this flashlight app works across many devices where others don't so if other flashlight apps have failed, maybe this is the one for you.
The permissions are to allow the application to access to the LED flashlight of the camera (if you have one) and the others are to show some ads to support development and for this only.
Keywords : brightest flashlight android, torch, strobe, brightest, best app, best flashlight, free phone app, tablet torch, free flashlight, linterna, phone, app,
About Bright Flashlight - LED Torch
The simplest and brightest yet most beautiful Flashlight app. It uses the torch LED light of the camera. Completely free.
- brightest LED flashlight illuminator
- set to turn on the light automatically
- fastest startup
- elegant and beautiful design
- uses the camera led light
- set to not turn off light on quit
- keep screen alive, to prevent torchlight from turning off
- full screen mode
- uses the highest brightness setting
- screen turns white when device is not supported
This app does not collect any of your information.
This app does only what it's supposed to do, to turn on the led if the device is supported or turn the screen white if it's not supported. That is all.
Keywords: flashlight, led, useful applicaton, dark, night, must have tool, maglite, mac flashlight, bright, flash, torch, laterna, linterna, el feneri, фенерче, free, brightest, illuminator
Torch uses your phone's LED camera flash as an LED flashlight.
- Widget support
- Volume rocker support
and it's free.
Tested on :
Sony Xperia Z1
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
LG Nexus 4
LG Nexus 5
Other phones may or may not work, so please report your opportunity with your device.
If you are having trouble with the application, please contact me from my e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In short, Simple is the best!
torch, electric torch, flashlight, linterna, portable searchlight, hand lamp, flash lamp, ree flashlight, LED
**This version does not work on Ice Cream Sandwich**
Use your phone as a flashlight!
Torch is an open source utility which uses your phones LED camera flash as an LED flashlight. For phones without a camera flash, Torch will turn the screen white.
Tested on Nexus S.
If Torch does not work on your phone, please mention your phone model and check back for an update.
android.permission.CAMERA - Lets Torch use the camera flash.
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK - Lets Torch keep the screen on.
Known to work on:
Acer Liquid MT
myTouch 3G Slide
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro
Not yet fully working or does not work on:
Motorola Defy (possible fix in a future release)
Droid X (possible fix in a future release)
Some or all Motorola phones: issue with LED flash modes (possible fix in a future version)
View the source code at http://code.google.com/p/torch/
This simply lights up your SCREEN ONLY at full brightness when pressed. Its as simple as that!
★ Tiny file size.
★ No camera? No problem.
★ From the makers of the very popular Digital Alarm Clock and Brightest Flashlight applications.
The permissions are to show some ads to support development.
Zabamobile prides itself on offering outstanding support to its users. If you experience any issues or would like to offer feedback, don't hesitate to drop us an email.
Easy Torch Light
Police Light with police siren
Police car light with siren
Party LED Light
Flash Blink Light
LED Color light With Blinking
Key words: flash light, torch, strobe Light, bright Torch Light, flashlight, LED,LED Light, Camera Light, Police light, Police siren.
LED Torch Light uses your phones LED camera flash light as a torch. All you have to do is press the picture of the torch to turn the flash light on or off.
- What if your phone doesn't have an LED flash light?
Don't worry, instead of trying to turn on the LED flash light your screen will brighten up and will turn white thus giving you a torch light!
- Strobe light.
You to can have your very own strobe light! All you need to do is enable the strobe light feature, from the settings screen, to turn your torch light in to a strobe light! Your phone doesn't even need to have an LED flash light either because it can work using the screen light.
There are two settings in the settings screen:
*The "Flash Frequency" is the amount of time between each flash of the light, number of beats per minute.
*The "Flash On Time" is the amount of time the flash light is on for, in milliseconds.
- Traffic light.
What the traffic light go through it's sequence red, amber and green. Simply press the menu button and select Traffic Light. Touch the screen to start the sequence. Touch the screen again to stop the sequence.
*TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS*
This permission is needed because on some phones you need to access the camera in order to access the flash light on your phone. This permission is not used for anything else. The flash light is there, after all, for the camera!
This permission is needed to access the flash light on your phone, it is needed along with the above permission to access the camera.
*FULL NETWORK ACCESS*
This permission is needed to show the adverts in the app. The adverts are there in order to bring this app to you free of charge that's all!
*VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS*
This permission is needed to show the adverts in the app. As per the above permission.
*PREVENT TABLET FROM SLEEPING PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPING*
This permission keeps the screen on while the app is open so that the flash light stays on! If the screen was to turn off your flash light would also turn off!
Like me this LED torch light might have a bug or two! If you do find a bug or have an error please let me know (hit the report button if it errors). I have limited phones to test on so I can only apologise if this does not work on your phone. But please do let me know and I will try to get it to work!
Please let me know if you have any comments/ideas etc. they are always welcome! :o)
Flashlight + Torch is the best flashlight app for Android.
The fastest, brightest, and most handy flashlight you will ever have! The best tool you will never forget when in need!
Flashlight + Torch App use following Sources of light:
• Flashlight - Camera LED Flashlight. It is using device's camera flashlight to emit bright light.
• Torch- LED flash(Camera Flashlight) which emits very intense light in the dark.
• Screen Light - emits light from screen and work as Torch when no Camera flashlight.
• Police Lights - It is police light and look like dancing light in device screen.
• Color Flashlight -You can change the brightness and the color of screen by one swipe.
• Traffic Lights - Enjoy traffic signal lights in your app.
- It is designed to support all android devices!
- It has the best flashlight support.
- Free of Charge.
- Working as Torch.
- Flashlight App
- Dancing Light
- Play it like Traffic Signal
More from developer
If you use often the embedded feature of your device that turns it in a WiFi router sharing your data connection (not available on all devices), if your device like mine needs 7 clicks to turn it on, you will surely benefit of this simple widget that enables WiFi Tethering in one click.
From settings pane is possible to enable the function that automatically activates data connection. This functionality however is not supported on all devices.
Remember that data connection can imply extra costs on you mobile plan.
This application is distributed for free without any kind of warranty.
If you find any bug please report.
IMPORTANT: this is a widget, not an application. This means that you have to install it on the desktop as a widget. It's completely normal that in the settings page there is only a set of options.
Simple widget that toggles 4 different connection statuses on each click:
1. 3G enabled
2. WiFi enabled
3. 3G & WiFi enabled
4. 3G & WiFi disabled
From settings page is possible to disable statuses that are not useful.
Is also possible to choose icon color.
I wrote this widget for myself cause I needed it, now I'm sharing it for free.
WHAT CAN BE USEFUL FOR (and not only)
If you are at home/office and you have wifi signal that often disconnects, by setting "WiFi ONLY" mode you prevent 3G connection to switch on each time wifi is lost.
If you use "WiFi ONLY" at home/office and 3G outside, you will switch in one click to "3G ONLY" mode instead of reactivating data connection and disabling wifi in a sequence of operations.
For any suggestion (like using a different icon) or discussion you can refer to this thread of XDA developers forum:
On Samsung Galaxy S2 (but probably also on other devices) the first time the widget is added to the desktop the phone frozes a while and an error is reported; just press home button and try to install a second time.
*NOT WORKING ON...
To disable 3G conection I don't use the tricks of modify APN or start Data Settings page, therefore is possible that in some devices/firmware versions the widget is not able to toggle data connection on/off. Sorry for that but I do not intend to cover that cases.
What I know for sure is that generally works on 2.3.x devices, while don't works 2.2.x and previuos ones. Please report running and not running conditions.
stackoverflow.com for magic hints