CALIPSO provides services based on GPS positioning to tourists of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs).
CALIPSO helps in the navigation, visit and safeguard of a Marine Protected Area.
Through the App CALIPSO you can see on the map the areas with controlled access (e.g., for fishing or for anchoring), and obtain Local Ordinances (worked out by Coast Guard) and geo-referenced information about the areas or points of interest by a simple touch on the icon displayed on the map. The user will thus have a simple to use support for the planning of the visit to the MPA, obtaining useful information easily updated and certified by the same Management Authority of the MPA.
In addition to displaying on the map your location and the information related to specific areas, points of interest, prohibitions, warnings, recommendations and local ordinances, the user can also view a map of reported marine species in the area, and may itself carry out the geo-localized alerts using a simple wizard and click on the map, thus contributing to the enhancement of the information asset of the Marine Protected Area, and its control with respect to violations of environmental regulations for the protection of the MPA.
- Display on the map of your location, of information on specific areas of the AMP and geo-localized information generated by the MPA: points of interest, prohibitions, warnings, advice, local ordinances;
- Display by click of pop-up information on the controlled access areas and points of interest, prohibitions, warnings, advice, local ordinances;
- View on map of pop-up information and reports of protected marine species present in the MPA and cases of violations of environmental regulations on the MPA;
- Contribution to the protection of the MPA by generating and sending geo-localized reports to the authorities;
- Choice of specific MPA that you want to visit and with respect to which information is desired;
- User registration directly from the app;
- App can be used on smartphones and tablets.
• App for iOS;
• Flotilla Functions: visualization of the positions of friend-boats and integrated messaging;
• Social Functions: publication of your own reports on Facebook and Twitter.