"Trento - The City in Your Pocket", the official app of the Municipality of Trento, has been fully revamped and improved: featuring a more intuitive user interaction and a faster and more dynamic content update process, it shows up-to-date information and provides services tailored to the user’s needs.
The current version is aimed primarily at tourists but the app will soon integrate a set of
functionalities that are specific for residents.
- Information about the city (history, statistics, recurring events, ...)
- Information about cultural offerings (historic buildings, museums, churches, nature, archaeology,...)
- Information about events (exhibitions, fairs, shows, competitions, conferences, ...)
- Information about tourist trails
- Information about hotels and restaurants
- Information about general purpose services (tourist card, free Wi-Fi, pharmacies, emergency numbers, tourism offices, information for impaired people, ...)
- Visualization of geo-referenced content on a map
- Filtering, sorting, searching and sharing of contents
- Possibility to get in touch directly by mail/phone/web
- Link to the app ViaggiaTrento for the latest information about mobility (timetables and delays of public transport, parking, ...)
- Possibility to add Favorites
The app is developed in close collaboration with the Municipality of Trento and is the result of a joint initiative involving the Culture and Tourism Office of the Municipality, the Bruno Kessler Foundation and the Smart Community Lab. The aim is to implement a modular app with information about various services available in Trento; the touristic information included in this version of the app are a first step in this direction.