APM Tool Full version allows you to rapidly estimate the main Room Acoustic Parameters (T20, T50, EDT, C50, C80, D50, D80).
It gives results in octave and third octave bands and it has a simple wizard to ameliorate room acoustics by selecting the best materials to be used on the ceiling or as panels . This is automatically selected depending on the room volume and the room use (a restaurant has different targets than a recording room or a room for music!).
The software has been developed starting from a collaboration between Suonoevita and a Politecnico di Milano Master Degree: follows ISO 3382 and IEC 61672 specifications and has automatic gain control as well as clip-detection algorithms that makes it unique.
You can use balloon pops (even handclaps if you do not need quality in mid frequencies) and the results will give a good estimate starting from 250/500 Hz depending on the device and the background noise.
With respect to the free version, APM Tool Lite, this full version offers:
- 1-octave and 1/3-octave filtering
- average on as many impulses as you need
- average on different positions of the device
- control on the device electronics and dsp
- more acoustical parameters (EDT, C50, C80, D80)
- evaluate the reverberation you measured to the target values for the room use
- the unique wizard interface (to ameliorate room acoustics by selecting a new material for the roomceiling)
- the chance to send via email the exported results
- different translations.
This new version includes:
- you can insert geometric measures in imperial values
- new room use targets (interesting new Italian norm - UNI 11532)
- new materials with technical files
- use sound absorbing insulae
- works on Android Lollipop
- new eco-friendly materials
- new room uses
- now you can calculate the best quantity for ceiling and/or walls
Follow us on www.suonoevita.it/en
PLEASE contact us for any bug/issue before leaving a negative rating or comment. Thank you.