THE MOST CONFIGURABLE ANDROID NOTIFICATIONS TEXT-TO-SPEECH
# As featured on Android App Arena #57 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPvRvJ9BJqo #
Want to try Notifications Reader? Remember, after purchasing an app on Google Play, you can return it *WITHIN TWO HOURS* for a FULL REFUND!
** PLEASE email any issues and bug reports to the developer before leaving a negative review THANK YOU **
Notifications Reader gives your applications a voice. Augment the default application notification beeps, clicks, pops and chimes with customizable text-to-speech alerts. Use Notifications Reader to read text messages, say who a new email is from, or announce when a background task is complete.
"You have a new email from John Doe. Lets meet for lunch today"
"New message from Jane: I'll be 10 minute late"
"Invoice.pdf download complete."
Custom notification rules define the desired text-to-speech behavior for system and application notifications. Several default rules are pre-configured, and as new application notifications are discovered new rules are automatically created that can be modified to change the text-to-speech output.
By using notification matching patterns different speech output can be set depending on the content of the notification.
• Configurable notification rules to set per notification text-to-speech behaviour based on notification type and content
• Discovers new notification rules for new apps
• Set different notification output behaviour for regular and multi-line notifications
• Control the notification speech audio channel and behaviour when ringer is silent or in vibrate only mode.
• Pause reading notifications during an phone call
• Optionally pause music playback when a notification is being read
• Shake to stop. Shake the device to stop the current text-to-speech output
• Export and import of notification rule sets via Android sharing
• Bluetooth headset and in-car hand free audio support
• Support for alternative Text-to-speech engines (tested with SVOX and IVONA)
• Tasker/Locale Plug-in to enable/disable Notifications Reader. see http://jabanaki.blogspot.ca/2015/06/more-tasker-plugin-options-for.html
EXPLANATION OF REQUIRED PERMISSIONS
• notification access (manually requested at app start-up) - required to access the notification data
• modify audio settings - used to enable notification speech through a bluetooth headset
• read phone state - to disable notification text-to-speech during an active phone call
• bluetooth - to detect and manage audio output to bluetooth headsets
• read external storage - used to import notification rules