Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
Android Terminal Emulator is the Linux terminal emulator light version.
* To work correctly you need ROOT PERMISSIONS and BUSYBOX installed.
* The complete version NO needs to have ROOTED PHONES AND BUSYBOX and you can find it here: "LINUX TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO"
A real Android's built-in Linux command line shell in your hand. The classic Linux terminal windows with full Andorid native commands. The best for Linux users.
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, etc...
Give feedback and suggestion. Updates and features are coming to improve app tools and possibilities. Thanks.
HELP THE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT BUYING "TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO":
Free desktop software required to use Remote Command Prompt:
This app brings you a chance to explore into your android phone.
You can perform various tests and commands what you can run on Linux system.
This app makes you feel now you have mini Linux terminal device, not android phone.
You can manage your phone file system, you can get root access to be super user, and connect to another network device.
Current distros include Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, ArchLinux, Kali Linux, openSUSE and more coming soon!
* Kernel that supports loop devices (see http://linuxonandroid.org/working-devices/ for known working kernels and ROMs)
* Armv7 processor (Debian does work on Armv6 but other distros do not)
* As much free RAM as possible (you are after all installing a desktop OS)
--------------------Included in the app--------------------
* Installer for Ubuntu 13.04, 13.10, Debian 5 and 8, Kali Linux, Fedora 19, Arch Linux
* All future Linux distros I support
* Boot widget
* Linux Launcher
* Both Torrent and Normal download options
--------------------Need Help or more Info? --------------------
We offer a range of support channels to make sure all users get the help they need, please do not rate the app low if you have not tried to get support, what makes us different to other projects is we try VERY hard to give support to all users. The following methods are avaible:
*Wiki with FAQ and other useful pages https://sourceforge.net/p/linuxonandroid/wiki/Home/
*Live Chat via IRC http://linuxonandroid.org/irc/ (or #linuxonandroid-help on freenode)
*Forum support via http://forum.linuxonandroid.org/
*And Email support via firstname.lastname@example.org
The simple interface allows you to quickly find your external ip address to receive detailed information on any other Internet address and access to the most popular program that you use on your computer. A special service connection test will inform you when you are not connected to the Internet.
✓ Detailed information about your network and device.
✓ Getting data about the site and its owner.
✓ Configuring the router directly from the phone.
✓ Detecting by ip.
✓ Port scanning, network scanning.
✓ Ping, Trace route, Whois.
✓ IP Calculator.
✓ Control joints and connections.
✓ Wake on LAN.
✓ DNS Lookup.
✓ And more...
The application creates a disk image on the flash card, mount it and install there OS distribution. Applications of the new system are run in a chroot environment and working in parallel with platform Android. All changes made on the device are reversible, ie the application and components can be removed completely. Installation of a distribution kit is carried out on a network from the official mirrors online. The application are required superuser rights (ROOT).
The program interface supports English and Russian. Through the interface you can manage the process of installing the OS, and after installation, you can start and stop services of the new system (there is support for running your scripts). The installation process is displayed as text reports in the main application window. During the installation, the program will adjust the work environment, which includes the base system, SSH server, VNC server and desktop environment. Also through the program interface to manage server settings SSH and VNC.
Installing a new operating system takes about 30 minutes. The recommended minimum size of a disk image 1024 MB (for LXDE), without a GUI - 512 MB. When you install Linux in disk image on the flash card with the FAT32 file system, image size should not exceed 4095 MB! After the initial setup a default password for SSH and VNC - changeme. The password can be changed standard tools OS.
Supported distributions: Debian, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Fedora, openSUSE, Kali Linux, Gentoo, RootFS (tgz, tbz2)
Installation type: file, partition, directory
Supported file systems: ext2, ext3, ext4
Supported architectures: ARM, x86, emulation mode architecture (ARM ~ x86).
Control interface: Android terminal, SSH, VNC, X server, framebuffer
Desktop environment: XTerm, LXDE, Xfce, GNOME, KDE, other (manual configuration)
Supported languages: English, Russian
Instructions and guides: https://github.com/meefik/linuxdeploy/wiki
Ask questions on the forum: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=378043
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under license GPLv3.
PLEASE USE DEBIAN INSTED OF UBUNTU !!! (Support only for Debian, Ubuntu only for real advanced users).
The GUI is handled by "Linux Installer Advanced" version !
Please, if you encounter any issue, send a bug report. Click on console, wait 1mn for the console to appear, then Menu, Mail, and send.
This application will allow you to install a complete Debian distribution in your Android device. Based on chroot, it will perform a standard debootstrap and install a legacy Debian so that you can install, and run any classic Linux command, tool, daemon or service.
The package has few limitations; it is not restricted to Debian; we already offer the choice to use Ubuntu, and will add more distributions in close future. Each distribution is available in several tastes (stable, testing ...). It will not require to reboot; chroot is run inside Android. Installation can be done on any storage device, either on SD card, or inernal memory; no need to repartition any thing, run mkfs or fdisk. We do with what you let use. If you have almost nothing, the package will manage with almost nothing; if you can afford for a large ext4 partition on your SD card, the package will be happy to use it.
It will allow you to install all classic LAMP services like Apache, MySql, PHP, Samba, Netatalk, or just any classic Linux tool like vim, xterm, aterm, Abiword, Firefox, dillo, wget, cron, Perl, Python ... just everything.
Package utilisation will require a rooted device.
Reasons to install this package can not be listed. Just too many: want a cron daemon ? want to have gcc inside your phone ? want to recompile some kernel driver because the legacy Android driver for your Wi-Fi card has is bogus or limited ? want to use vim, or the real full featured desktop ls, ip, nmap, or top commands ? this package will give you all this for free, and much much more.
- an Android device based on some Linux kernel
- a rooted environment
- 300M free space
Only 50MiB to download for a basic Debian, and down to 180MiB space used if you select the Directory method.
Optionnal registration on our website, http://android.galoula.com/LinuxInstall/Register.php , will allow you to use advanced management features, and install package from within the application interface. You will not need to type any strange command in any terminal. And you will be able to make some services start automaticly at phone boot, and/or application start.
Online documentation: http://android.galoula.com/en/LinuxInstall/
Quick installation guide: http://android.galoula.com/en/LinuxInstall/QuickTutorial.html
The interface have been completely redesigned, and the English language have been rewritten. Any one who feels like translating is welcome to contact us. Even the French language part should be re-translated from English.
A custom Linux terminal,system tools and test utilities for droid platform.
Linx Terminal brings you the Linux terminal functionality on your phone with simple to use interface for all droid phones.
With System Tools ,you can perform various test including Root access and Cpu tests,check all detailed information needed about your phone.
All information you need such as Cpu and Memory usage of your phone, you can easily monitor your resources.
You can install external applications from you sdcard including internal storage(Usb Storage) or simply attach and send them via email for sharing.
Log all your commands and outputs easily on your sdcard and share via email.
• Pro version is available with full features(NO ADS)
• All terminal functionality
• Pause/resume during the commands
• Auto complete while typing for linux commands entries
• Most of the commands will work depending on your phone root state
• Rooted phones supported (run su)
• Execute ,run linux commands,check memory,cpu
• Pause/resume function for looping commands such as (top,vmstat,logcat)
• Real Task Killer (ps or top -n 1 get the app pid number and execute kill -9 pid)
• Check your running apps services(ps, top)
• Remove delete files
• Browse your SDcard, system folders
Basic Linux Command List
• A list of basic linux commands
• Please be aware that desktop linux may differ than the droid version
• All commands may not be able to run depending on your phone, model and Os version
Cpu Information And Test
• Check you cpu usage and load averages
• You can also perform cpu test and check your global ranking
• Ram,Phone Storage,SdCard memory
• Scan your sdcard ,Internal sdcard(Usb Storage) root folder automatically for .Apk files (App files)
• You can easily install apps from your sdcard and attach,send via email for sharing
• You can log your terminal commands and outputs on your sdcard and attach,share via email
Root Access Test
• Perform simple root access to check whether your phone is rooted.
All used materials are credited in the application's about section.
● Locate Android devices associated with your Google account
● Reset your device's screen lock PIN
● Erase all data on the phone
Recommended by PCWorld, BGR, LifeHacker, CNET, Gizmodo, XDA, Phandroid and many more technology media/websites.
AirDroid allows you to access and manage your Android phone or tablet from Windows, Mac or the Web, wirelessly, for free.
Better focused: Calls, SMS, and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to the large computer screen you are focusing on.
Better equipped: Type with full physical keyboard and control with a mouse. Transfer things faster without looking for a cable. Better equipments, better life.
Better connected: Control your Android from computer and use any apps on computer, like WhatsApp, WeChat, and Line. (root required for some devices)
Things you can do with AirDroid from PC/Mac client (http://goo.gl/tB6V84):
✔ SMS: Send and receive individual or group messages.
✔ Files: Transfer files between Android and computer from any network.
✔ Notification Mirror: Mirror phone notifications from any allowed apps to computer.
✔ AirMirror (beta): Complete control of Android, and use any apps, like WhatsApp, WeChat and Line. (Root required)
Other things you can do with AirDroid Web (http://goo.gl/1mXdlr):
- Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
- Photos: Transfer photos between Android and computer.
- Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transfer them between Android and computer.
- Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export ringtones.
- Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (requires root)
- Apps: Import and export .apk files.
- Camera: See through the lens of both front and back cameras.
- URL: Push url to Android and open it with default web browser.
- Clipboard: Share clipboard content between Android and computer.
Help, feedback and news:
Help Center: http://help.airdroid.com/
Official Forum: http://forum.airdroid.com/
Official Blog: http://blog.airdroid.com/
Support Forum on XDA: http://goo.gl/jqmev2
Thanks to our enthusiastic users around the world, AirDroid is speaking and learning new languages everyday. Help us on Crowdin: https://crowdin.com/project/airdroid
1. My Apps: Provides a list and count of applications installed on your phone / tablet with options to:
- Easily Search & Sort
- Uninstall the app (very useful feature!)
- Launch an App
2. Memory: Provides memory info for both Phone and SD card. How much memory is free / available and how much has been used?
3. Call History: Information about outgoing, incoming and missed calls for today, yesterday and last one week. Plus, it separately shows calls from known (the ones in your address book) and unknown contacts (the ones which are not in your address book). This is a very practical feature.
4. Camera Information: How much is the megapixel of back and front cameras. This info usually is buried in marketing material, but here you could easily find out. Plus, a very useful info on the number of photos that can be clicked from the camera based on megapixel of your phone camera and remaining memory on your phone.
5. Internet connection (2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi) device is connected to.
6. Screen size: Size / resolution of screen in pixels and inches.
7. Screen density: Low, Medium, High, Extra High, Extra Extra High.
8. RAM: RAM of the device.
9. Android Version: Android OS name (Ex. Jelly Bean, KitKat) and version number.
10. Manufacturer and Model number of the device.
My Android app presents the above information in a very neat and simple manner so that anybody can easily understand. Cool user interface with some cute animations.
Supported in 16 languages:
Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Hope you like My Android!
When you can’t find the right thing to say, you don’t have to write at all. The new Google Keyboard supports hundreds of emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app (Android 4.4 and up).
• Material design themes
• Personalized suggestions, corrections, and completions
• Keypress popup animations
• Emoji entry point and layouts (Android 4.4 and up)
• Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
• Space-aware Gesture Typing: just gesture through the space bar
• Voice Typing
• Dictionaries for more than 25 languages
• Advanced keyboard layouts
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
* read sent and received SMS messages
* wipe phone
* lock phone
* erase SD card
* locate by GPS or network
* start alarm with flashing screen
* send SMS from web page
* message popup
* forward calls
* phone status: battery, imei, etc.
* remote SMS alarm
* remote SMS lock and unlock
* remote SMS erase SD card
* remote SMS wipe phone
* remote SMS APN control
* start/stop GPS
* start/stop WIFI
* hide from launcher
* email when SIM card is changed
* get call list
* take picture with front camera
* take picture with rear camera
* make your phone speak with text-to-speech
* SMS message command
* SMS speak command
* lock timeout
* restore settings on boot
* record sound from microphone
* start and stop data connection from SMS
* start and stop WIFI connection from SMS
* content browser prototype
The app does no polling to a server, so there is no extra battery usage.
More details on the control web site: http://www.androidlost.com.
Have a question? Please use the forum: http://groups.google.com/group/androidlost
If you have trouble uninstalling, please read the FAQ - there are several one-click solutions!
Also a full list of Windows commands and explanations.
-Domain Name Server
-Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
-Internet Information Service
-Routing and Remote Access Server
-Remote Installation Service
I am continuously adding more information as I get time. I redeveloped this app to help myself in future studies of operating systems as well as helping others.
If you have any suggestions that you want to see in the app, just comment or email. Thanks
Currently displays information on:
Build, Battery Status, Camera Status, Configuration, ConfigurationInfo, CpuInfo, Crypto, Devices, DiskStats, Display, Filesystems, Input Devices, Kernel Version, LoadAvg, Memory, Modules, OpenGL, Runtime, Sensors, Storage, and Uptime.
There are many applications like this in the store, this one's main benefit is that it does not require touch input. It can be run on devices that don't have touch screen support.
This is an open source application, the source code is available here: