Lyrics Flipper+ is a cross-platform solution to your band. It allows for you to use a pedal or the touch screen to start and stop songs and show lyrics. Lyrics Flipper+ can handle lyrics files, MP3 files (for backing tracks), AutoTurn configurations (to turn lyrics pages automatically), and create setlists to show a list of specific songs in your preferred order for your gigs.
Instructions on how to make your pedal work with Lyrics Flipper+: App features and instructions are below the pedal instructions.
1. Open the Android Settings app.
2. Go to "Bluetooth." Turn it on if it is off.
3. Connect to your pedal. If you don't see it and it is on and discoverable, tap "Search for Devices" on your Android device.
4. If you are using a PageFlip Cicada: [ http://www.pageflip.com/pageflip_cicada.html ]
- There are five buttons on the right side of the PageFlip Cicada (in a straight line), if the pedals are facing you. Push the one closest to the pedals. You will need to do this every time you turn on your PageFlip Cicada in order for it to work with Lyrics Flipper+.
If you are using an AirTurn BT-105: http://airturn.com/bt-105-for-tablets/products/airturn/bluetooth-airturn/bt-105-for-tablets-and-computers
- If your AirTurn is on, turn it off.
- Hold down both pedals at the same time (aka switches 1 and 3). You could just push them with your feet.
- Hold down the power button. As soon as you see the light turn on, let go of the pedals and the power button. If the light blinks red, green 2 times, and then red, it means that you successfully set up the correct mode. You will not have to do this again, unless you change the mode to a different one.
After completing these steps, you should be able to use Start Playback, Execute Setlist, etc in Lyrics Flipper+ using your pedal. You can also use your finger, if you don't have or want to use a pedal.
Lyrics Flipper+ has a built-in file manager where you can create, modify, delete, and rename songs, lyrics, setlists, and AutoTurn configurations. In addition, you can edit lyrics, setlists, and AutoTurn configurations (using your pedal or the invisible right-lower corner page flip button). You can even import lyrics from other websites.
In order for you to use Lyrics Flipper+, you must create a Lyrics Flipper+ Online Service account (which is completely FREE and only takes a minute to set up) on the website for your band. No personal information is required. The Online Service keeps your band up-to-date, and in the easy-to-use web-based interface, you can upload music, create lyrics, set AutoTurn configurations, and create setlists. Then all of your devices (currently Windows and Android devices) that have Lyrics Flipper+ can sync to that account. In order to sync to an account in this app, all you need to do is:
1. Tap "Fetch Data."
2. Wait for the package to be generated.
3. Download the .zip package.
4. Extract it to Internal Storage > Lyrics Flipper Mobile App Songs (just remove the randomly generated letters/numbers and the space when extracting).
5. Open the app and everything should be downloaded.
To see a list of all of your songs, tap "Start Playback." Use your finger or a bluetooth pedal (such as the PageFlip Cicada or the AirTurn BT-105.
To create/edit a setlist, tap "Create/Edit Setlist."
To load a setlist you have, tap "Execute Setlist" and select the setlist to load. To flip a lyrics page without a pedal, tap the bottom-right corner of the screen while in the lyrics viewer. To load the last setlist loaded, tap the top blue toolbar.
To manage your Online Service account, tap the purple-pinkish button that says "Manage Account Media."
To get started with an Online Service account, go to the link: [ http://lyricsflipperplus.com/forid.php ].
Video Tutorials: http://lyricsflipperplus.com/tutorials.html