The pandemic Android Privacy Disaster is a critical vulnerability in Android 4.3 and below involving a bypass of the universal browser safety mechanism “Same Origin Policy (SOP)”. It allows an attacker to retrieve cookies and page information (such as entered passwords) from a normally trusted domain by using a carefully crafted webpage - leading to a critical security breach. According to the current Android market data, 75% of Android users are at risk, a number which puts millions of Android users in danger.
This is a privacy disaster. The Same-Origin Policy is the cornerstone of web privacy, and is a critical set of components for web browser security.
Trustlook Privacy Disaster Scanner help android users to detect whether your android browser is vulnerable to Privacy Disaster vulnerability.
How to mitigation this risk
1. First you need to install this app to scan all browser you are using if you are not sure your browser is vulnerable or not
2. Please install and set Google Chrome Browser as your default browser.
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
- Fast scanning of the systesm;
- Detection of the latest threats not previously known;
- Ability to eliminate the threat immediately after its detection;
- Daily update of malware database;
- Proffesional translation to the Russian, English, Spanish, French, Itailan, German, Chinese, Hindi, Arabic, Portuguese and Japanese languages;
- Battery resource saving;
- Detailed information about threats;
- Ability to add more applications to the white list if you believe that the detection was false;
- Protect your device from unauthorized activity of applications (sms sending and making calls without your knowledge);
- Ability to enable real-time protection for testing applications in the background
CleverLock also offers another feature to automatically lock your device after an absolute duration that you choose. I personally use this feature to limit the amount of time spent by my child when playing games and watching videos on my Android device. I use it in such a way that my device will be locked after 30 minutes no matter what my child is doing. I have to, of course, set my own device system security PIN, password, or pattern so my child will not be able to unlock the device after it was locked automatically.
** This app requires to be a Device Administrator after install to permit it to lock your device automatically. If you decide to uninstall the app later, please follow the uninstall instruction below.
1. Go to Menu > Settings > Security > Device Administrators
2. Unchecked CleverLock and deactivate
3. Then uninstall the app normally
★ PowerGuard Pro Version - take more control and options in extending your battery life. PowerGuard Pro defends the battery power from power hungry parts of your Android device - which are WiFi and 2G/3G data connections. PowerGuard Pro regulates these WiFi and/or 2G/3G connections based on your need and configuration. Extend your battery life to lasts almost twice the amount of time than without it - given the same usage behaviour.
PowerGuard Pro will always try to connect through WiFi and 2G/3G first. If it is unable to make a connection through WiFi within 15 seconds, then it will disable WiFi to conserve more battery power.
Try the free version.
★ Widget to enable or disable PowerGuard*
★ Widget to enable or disable Emergency connection to internet.*
★ Widget that displays battery level and temperature.*
★ Choose connection method whether to use WiFi only, 2G/3G only or both.
★ Turn on Wi-Fi/3G only when specific application is opened.
★ Option for Power Guard to ask subtly (using notification bar) if you need WiFi/3G when an application is opened.
★ Turn on Wi-Fi/3G when device is unlocked. This only works if application monitoring is off.
★ Turn off Wi-Fi/3G when display goes off.
★ Schedule when Wi-Fi/3G should turn on or off every day.
★ Make periodic Wi-Fi/3G connection at specific duration when device is locked giving the device more time to enter into sleep mode but still give a chance for your emails to synchronize.
★ Hit Emergency Connect to enable Wi-Fi/3G connection for 30mins (configurable) then turns off WiFi/3G automatically.
★ Disable Power Guard when certain battery power level is reached.
★ Shows battery level and temperature in notification area.*
★ Shows WiFi and 2G/3G connectivity status in notification area.*
★ More configuration option, like changing temperature unit.*
*Note: Available in Pro version only