Vibration Meter, also known as seismograph, seismometer measures vibrations using your Android’s sensors and shows reference to earthquake vibrations as classified by Mercalli intensity scale.
➽ Mercalli intensity scale:
1. Instrumental - Not felt. Recorded by seismographs.
2. Weak - Felt only on top floors of high buildings.
3. Slight - Felt indoors, like a passing light truck.
4. Moderate - Windows, doors rattle. Like passing train.
5. Rather Strong - Felt by all. Small objects upset.
6. Strong - Books off shelves. Trees shake. Damage.
7. Very Strong - Difficult to stand. Buildings damaged.
8. Destructive - Significant damage. Trees broken.
9. Violent - General panic. Serious damage. Cracks.
10. Intense - Most buildings destroyed. Rails bent.
11. Extreme - Rails bent greatly. Pipelines destroyed.
12. Catastrophic - Near total damage.
Measure and monitor all vibration and shocks using smartphone or tablet!